• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

11 hours ago, Skinso said:

These, mine are definitely not alloy

Screenshot_20200221-212406.jpg

I think your getting mixed up with the hex hub

Which are these 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-x-maxx-wheel-hex-hubs-2-hex-clips-2-/rc-car-products/395977

they are plastic the actual nuts are alloy

Hi All. I have an X-Maxx on the way and wanted to know the best way to stop the screws tearing through the bodyshell. I know people use washers, but does anyone have a link to the best type? I want to get them ahead of the X-Maxx arriving. 

11 hours ago, MattW123 said:

Hi All. I have an X-Maxx on the way and wanted to know the best way to stop the screws tearing through the bodyshell. I know people use washers, but does anyone have a link to the best type? I want to get them ahead of the X-Maxx arriving. 

The new x maxx has washers as standard it was the older ones that didn’t you can buy them separate as well there’s a couple of types now 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/rpm-body-savers-for-the-traxxas-x-maxx/rc-car-products/442349

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-x-maxx-body-reinforcement-saver-set-fits-7711-body-/rc-car-products/442725

8 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

The new x maxx has washers as standard it was the older ones that didn’t you can buy them separate as well there’s a couple of types now 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/rpm-body-savers-for-the-traxxas-x-maxx/rc-car-products/442349

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-x-maxx-body-reinforcement-saver-set-fits-7711-body-/rc-car-products/442725

Great, thank you. 

On 06/03/2020 at 11:32, Rc211v said:

Hi guys

Has anybody put epoxy resin in the holes on the underside of the bulkheads underneath the skid plates? If so which one did you use?

Like Kevin Talbot does? He uses a hot-glue gun. 

I am a new x Maxx owner and I have a couple of questions.

1. Out of the box, the ECU needed calibration I.e. it wasn’t responding to throttle on the transmitter. I calibrated and used the truck. Next day when I came to use it, it needed calibrating again. Any thoughts on this?

2. Is the rear suspension more heavily damped than the front suspension? It seems to be on my truck.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, MattW123 said:

I am a new x Maxx owner and I have a couple of questions.

1. Out of the box, the ECU needed calibration I.e. it wasn’t responding to throttle on the transmitter. I calibrated and used the truck. Next day when I came to use it, it needed calibrating again. Any thoughts on this?

2. Is the rear suspension more heavily damped than the front suspension? It seems to be on my truck.

Thanks.

It should hold calibration, if it isn't, take it back for assessment. 

Can't comment on the X-Maxx, but it's common for rear shocks to be filled with heavier oil on 4wd cars. 

2 hours ago, Skinso said:

Anyone know where to get 20 million diff fluid in the UK or somewhere that isn't charging my £20 delivery

It’s due in next week apparently at Modelsport and a few other places but now JPerkins has taken over being Traxxas’s distributor don’t hold your breath sadly there not the best company in the world and hold very little stock so things are only set to get worse I’m afraid 🥴

• 1 month later...

Bit the bullet and ordered an 8s today, what’s sensible gearing for a bit more speed from stock motor and esc, will be mainly driven off road with a few jumps etc

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2020 at 19:37, Norv said:

Bit the bullet and ordered an 8s today, what’s sensible gearing for a bit more speed from stock motor and esc, will be mainly driven off road with a few jumps etc

18/46 or 20/50 personally I prefer the 18/46 👍👍

before starting to wrench I thought I run the truck stock - just to see that everything is working correctly - installed the link module, app etc and took it out for a quick session ...

seemed ok to me but I did a few jumps off a lawn ramp and on one landing the body popped off - obvious question, I have seen this before on youtube a few times but I wonder if someone had a cure for this?

upgrades I initially plan to do as parts are here already

- 2085X servo

- Max6 

- 1600XL

- dual fan

- 18T pinion/50 spur

- Spektrum receiver

- Shock socks

- Proline Brute Armor body

- Threaded hinge pins

unavailable at the moment but considered:

- RPM Oversized Rear Axle Carriers

anything else I should consider?

11 hours ago, r4nd0m said:

before starting to wrench I thought I run the truck stock - just to see that everything is working correctly - installed the link module, app etc and took it out for a quick session ...

seemed ok to me but I did a few jumps off a lawn ramp and on one landing the body popped off - obvious question, I have seen this before on youtube a few times but I wonder if someone had a cure for this?

upgrades I initially plan to do as parts are here already

- 2085X servo

- Max6 

- 1600XL

- dual fan

- 18T pinion/50 spur

- Spektrum receiver

- Shock socks

- Proline Brute Armor body

- Threaded hinge pins

unavailable at the moment but considered:

- RPM Oversized Rear Axle Carriers

anything else I should consider?

Mini bungee cord thread in through the cage and clip it to the side rails no more flying bodies 😂👍

The 1600xl is a nice motor but watch the temps as on 8s they can burn out fairly quick and there getting hard to find 

The Brute bodies aren’t worth the money I’ve broken 2 now whereas my Russian one is still going strong 👍

Upgrade as you break it or you could end up spending out on things you don’t really need 

• Like 1

On 13/05/2020 at 09:45, mydoddy69 said:

Mini bungee cord thread in through the cage and clip it to the side rails no more flying bodies 😂👍

The 1600xl is a nice motor but watch the temps as on 8s they can burn out fairly quick and there getting hard to find 

The Brute bodies aren’t worth the money I’ve broken 2 now whereas my Russian one is still going strong 👍

Upgrade as you break it or you could end up spending out on things you don’t really need 

thanks mate - just saw that the 1600xl with the 18/50 gearing apparently works quite well its a new one which comes with fans but those will be replaced with stronger ones  instead of the old one which came with the 1600xl only with heatsink - so hoping this will work out ...

On 07/05/2020 at 08:29, mydoddy69 said:

18/46 or 20/50 personally I prefer the 18/46 👍👍

is that with the 1200XL stock and traxxas esc on 8S with the included spur?

Edited by r4nd0m