• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

Anybody got a 6s xmaxx they want to part with,?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not seen any 6s ones now for a while but I’ll keep a look out there was a couple going on the fab xmaxx uk page the other week and there’s 2 on eBay but all seem a bit pricey you might get lucky thou this time of the year 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinso said:

Thinking of adding an X maxx to my collection, what are the must upgrades to look into?

Nothing ! Use it have fun when or if it breaks look into it then or you run the risk of just wasting money on unneeded parts . The only thing I would do is get some bod washers but I think the new models come with already fitted 👍

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, toddfg said:

Mine didn’t, same as the e-revo, savox fixes that

savox servos don’t fit though unless you use the cage on the X maxx and why use a small scale servo on a large scale vehicle ? 

If you want to go down the route of using a small servo you have to buy a powerful one and by the time you do that you might as well just buy the Traxxas  upgraded one and be done. 

I know guys that have the stock servo and it’s still going strong after 2 years or more so maybe you just had a bad deal but there’s no need to rush out and replace the stock one until it dies that’s for sure so I’d say it’s not a needed or must upgrade at all  

On 28/12/2017 at 13:51, scoobied77 said:

Installed my rock crunchers. :D

25T pinion + 30T spur

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

Bit more meat on the bone with mod1.5 gears! 

Would you happen to know the measurements for those gears?  

3 hours ago, Skinso said:

I knew I seen something about upgraded gears, doddy did you not upgrade yours with parts from America?

I did I ran them for a few packs loved the quality just not the lack of gearing choice so sold off the 1/5 motor setup and went back to the stock 1650 v1 motor which in my opinion is the best setup for 8s bashing. Personally I’d leave the big heavy gears and 1/5th motor setups don’t get me wrong there great if you want to go fast in a straight line lol but add way to much weight for the truck to perform well for jumping and bashing around like I do 

Had to try them them out though 👍

• Like 1

Nice. I love mine.  So bought one for the step son And the wife one. Watch the esc. Mine caught fire 2 min out of the box.  😔 if it happens to you I recommend max5 by hobby wing.  No messing around you just unbolt the traxxas one and bolt in the hobby wing. Which can be programmed. 👍👍
   But on a different topic does any one happen to know the measurements for the pinion and spur gears both 30t on the mod 1.5? I have looked almost everywhere to find it.!!!!

9 hours ago, Rukus said:

Nice. I love mine.  So bought one for the step son And the wife one. Watch the esc. Mine caught fire 2 min out of the box.  😔 if it happens to you I recommend max5 by hobby wing.  No messing around you just unbolt the traxxas one and bolt in the hobby wing. Which can be programmed. 👍👍
   But on a different topic does any one happen to know the measurements for the pinion and spur gears both 30t on the mod 1.5? I have looked almost everywhere to find it.!!!!

I think you mean a max6 the 5 needs a plate or some modification to fit 

What measurements do you want ? You can’t fit a 30  / 30 mod 1.5 on the stock setup anyway  just to big 

You want either a 15/30 mod 1.5 or a 25 /35 mod 1.5 both can be found on eBay 

This guy sales them 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323834515999

Me personally if your running the stock set up I’d get a GDS spur and pinion set up and use a drop of green thread lock on the pinion but leave it to set over night ! 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401978508000

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I haven’t seen any to be honest just buy a new one sell the body and get the rock n roll one 👍

I also like the orange shell, nearly bought the xmaxx yesterday but gonna hold off as I'm away to London with the family start of February

On 01/12/2019 at 15:31, toddfg said:

Servo

I will run stock but certain things I like to have at hand Servo being 1 of them, would you recommend the traxxas upgraded servo? If not which 1? I would also like to have the rpm hubs with the bigger bearings and possibly the hobbywing max 6