• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

5 minutes ago, Guns said:

I ordered the RPM rear hubs and a couple of packs of the threaded hinge pins ready for when I get mine.

In two minds about the arms though, seen/heard/read mixed things about them but I am not that hard on my cars so might just get them and keep the Traxxas ones as spares.

I have also seen a Traxxas "adapter" that enables you to fit a standard size servo in the X-Maxx, might get one of those as well :)

xGJpg03.jpg

Its in better nick than I expected, well happy for the money. I do hate the shell though, it seems a lot bigger than the stock one? Guessing they mould over it?

This is the cheapest running 8S Ive ever seen, costing less than £600. The eBay seller was brilliant and drove it to my house 2 hours away. Its bone stock and I've tried it on 6S and it works fine. It could do with some new screws as they've rusted (unless anyone knows a way of bringing them back?

Going to get the stock electrics up for sale and go from there.

Going to start to pull it apart shortly :)

Edited by Guns
  • Like 1

I’m still on my stock servo and only ever broke one arm and one rear hub (plus several spur and pinion sets).

My Russian body has saved my rig from roof landings loads of times which is the best upgrade ever for an Xmaxx!

Ive read back through my old threads and ordered a few things. I really want a Raptor shell, but its probably worth me buying a painted one, as it’d cost a few quid to paint one myself. I then realised id need a second set of mounting points. So for now the body stays. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Guns said:

Anyone know where I can get this shell from or is it discontinued? Clear Shells arent cheap and require lots of paint so would rather just buy one done.

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/296969/

Save your money unless it’s for a shelve shell the prolines are not as strong as the stock shells ?.

Look good though ?

In stock not not sure on postage though 

https://www.breizh-modelisme.com/carrosserie-rc/30029664-proline-carrosserie-ford-f-150-raptor-2017-x-maxx-pre-peintedecoupee-pl3482-13.html?cookie_consent=1

Edited by mydoddy69

On 12/07/2017 at 21:14, Guns said:

Leaving the hobby

Its a V2 8s edition with

Hobbywing Max 6 ESC

Geared 21/46

Bluebird H50B Servo with Alloy horn

GPM Adjustable Servo Link

RPM Upper and Lower Arms all round with captured Hinge Pins

RPM rear Hub Carriers with Over sized bearings

RPM front bumper mount

DHawk Shock Shafts all around

Hot Racing Heatsink motor mount

Hot Racing Rear Gear box cover

2x Zippy Yellow 4s 5800mah 40c Lipos included but NO radio gear

No idea on price mind. Gotta be honest, there's no other mods the Xmaxx needs, it's got all the right necessary upgrades 

Quoting this so I can remember what my old one had haha

54 minutes ago, Guns said:

Hmm, maybe I need the sticker set, mine appears to be based on the Silverado?

Lol the stickers are just some off cuts of sign writer sheets you can get them on eBay or be a cheeky sod like me and pop in your local shop see if they got any scraps you don’t need a lot ??

Its not ugly if you can't see it right?

qH7koEH.jpg

Jokes aside, I don't expect this to last, its already scratching off. but it DOES look better. I think next time Ill key the surface more

Ive also found these

s-l1600.jpg

So it'll at least look a bit better. Im going to take them to a sign writers get a few copies made and just keep updating it lol

Edited by Guns

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Its not ugly if you can't see it right?

qH7koEH.jpg

Jokes aside, I don't expect this to last, its already scratching off. but it DOES look better. I think next time Ill key the surface more

Ive also found these

s-l1600.jpg

So it'll at least look a bit better. Im going to take them to a sign writers get a few copies made and just keep updating it lol

Nothing sticks to these for long paint or stickers no matter how you prep them it’s something to do with the material the guy use, great basher shells as they hold to to abuse like nothing else but yep agreed there ugly as sin ????

On 03/04/2019 at 14:39, mydoddy69 said:

Christmas arrived early this year 

2-C9-FEF20-0150-45-E2-87-FC-AFD925311-DA

Whats the benefit of that motor? Is it bigger than stock? Its the 1100kv rated for 8s only still isnt it?

Edited by Guns

43 minutes ago, Guns said:

Whats the benefit of that motor? Is it bigger than stock? Its the 1100kv rated for 8s only still isnt it?

Bigger more torque less temps more speed, man she’s a beauty ??

• Like 1

200w.gif?cid=790b76115cd3375744784b62410

Its started, things are starting to trickle in....

crAZd3U.jpg

Waiting on a fairly substantial invoice to be paid on Monday before I do anything else. Would like to do the servo at the same time and maybe the motor, but Im genuinely not sure what to go for servo wise?

Ok, I've gone back through the thread and found my original order on RC Mart regarding the servo:

I bought:

A Servo

A Servo Horn

Traxxas Servo Adapter #7749

A GPM Turnbuckle

RC4WD Rod Ends as they were bigger.

I'm struggling to find the Turnbuckle I stock anywhere :

http://www.rcmart.com/txm024aocbebk-spring-steel-servo-xmaxx-1pcs-p-67982.html

IS there a better alternative now?

I appreciate this is pathetic but hey. When I bought my Xmaxx second hand, the centre skid was advertised as cracked. In reality its a hair line crack. However, I found on  Jenny’s RC a full set of skids for something daft like $11. In the time it took to add them to my basket, someone bought them! I got annoyed but decided i wanted to freshen up my x maxx even though this will last 1 run. I paid £20 from a UK Breaker for all 3 soo not too bad. Also picked up a 21t pinion

KJvhwur.jpg

32 minutes ago, Guns said:

I appreciate this is pathetic but hey. When I bought my Xmaxx second hand, the centre skid was advertised as cracked. In reality its a hair line crack. However, I found on  Jenny’s RC a full set of skids for something daft like $11. In the time it took to add them to my basket, someone bought them! I got annoyed but decided i wanted to freshen up my x maxx even though this will last 1 run. I paid £20 from a UK Breaker for all 3 soo not too bad. Also picked up a 21t pinion

KJvhwur.jpg

Id have gone stainless steel and kept the old ones, watch that bluebird servo it runs hot and burns up in the Maxx loads of guys tried it, there great for a while but don’t last long ? 

25 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Id have gone stainless steel and kept the old ones, watch that bluebird servo it runs hot and burns up in the Maxx loads of guys tried it, there great for a while but don’t last long ? 

Ive not bought a servo yet, will probably be a different servo from the Bluebird, any recommendations? How about the servo tie rod?