• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

7 hours ago, chilau said:

59daa6e65ae31_WhatsAppImage2017-10-08at1_28_25PM.thumb.jpeg.4c1279c6b9c02b49de0003293eaa3e39.jpeg

Found a good bashing spot today, Horsell Common near Woking, good mix of woodland with hills, jumps and sandy areas

Looks like a fun spot might have to check that place out :good:

Not sure if this info has been posted about 6s and 8s diff gears, I'm in the process of upgrading some bits on my 6s

6S has 42t ring and 13t pinion = 3.23 ratio

8s has 35t ring and 11t pinion = 3.18 ratio 

so hardly any change in final drive ratio :)

3 minutes ago, chilau said:

Not sure if this info has been posted about 6s and 8s diff gears, I'm in the process of upgrading some bits on my 6s

6S has 42t ring and 13t pinion = 3.23 ratio

8s has 35t ring and 11t pinion = 3.18 ratio 

so hardly any change in final drive ratio :)

I have just swapped over from 6s diff gears to 8s and my xmaxx feels slower + can't get it to wheelie now - need to gear up to see it returns to what I had before.

I am await centre diff and other parts from Jenny's RC.

2 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

I have just swapped over from 6s diff gears to 8s and my xmaxx feels slower + can't get it to wheelie now - need to gear up to see it returns to what I had before.

I am await centre diff and other parts from Jenny's RC.

hmm, the ratios are pretty much identical so there shouldn't be any noticeable difference in speed

Going to keep my sons 6s xmaxx on Rock Passion gears, the front has some small chips in the teeth which manifests itself as clicking under very hard braking, they will probably still be fine for a good while though even with the damage.

The cast Traxxas gears crumble up when they get damaged.

Hi Gang,

So I’m lucky to live right in the middle of loads of forest, including lots of lovely mountain bike jumps etc. 

Getting some good height/air. 

I run stock springs and stock oil rating. 

So guru’s,  for this style of rough off road bashing jumping etc what shock spring, shock oil F/R and or height should I be thinkIng about. 

Regards 

Hegs 

I run with 1.199 springs up front and 1.346 on the rear and just 32.5 oil in the rear and 30wt oil up front tried thicker oil harder springs etc but found this to be where I like it best for pretty much all occasions 

9 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I reckon that will be great for jumps but possibly a little 'bobbly' on grassland ... ??

Al.

Nope just add or take away some preload on the springs and I’m good to go pretty much everywhere :good:

So had to replace a rear arm today as 18 months of jumping it failed.

15ps4ua.jpg

Ran in it a problem the pin holding the shock in was stuck solid and had to cut old arm to free it but the pin seems to have rusted to the Pin.

I check the other side it is also stuck solid :(. the joys of wet weather bashing.

16icrw6.jpg

41 minutes ago, chilau said:

Some short clips of Horsell Common bashing

Very nice ? 

I will be heading over there myself tomorrow can’t wait :good:

Perfect place to try out my new sand paddles by the looks of it 

23 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

So had to replace a rear arm today as 18 months of jumping it failed.

15ps4ua.jpg

Ran in it a problem the pin holding the shock in was stuck solid and had to cut old arm to free it but the pin seems to have rusted to the Pin.

I check the other side it is also stuck solid :(. the joys of wet weather bashing.

16icrw6.jpg

That will come out add a little heat or soak it In WD40 .. Bit of poor maintence going there :o  

Get rid of those stupid pins and swap them out for the good old nut and bolt mod :good:l

7 hours ago, atom3624 said:

How deep was that water - very shallow or it really was 'riding above'?

Al.

Deep enough to not want you going in and plenty deep enough to skim over and ride on the surface rather than just push the water out the way, in the middle it would have easily covered the truck completely, round the edge though it’s quite shallow but probably enough to come upto the the roof of the truck 

3 hours ago, chilau said:

Looks like you had fun there :)

How did you find the area ?

Yep we had a great time :good:

Area is great for the X Maxx just a shame there’s so many dog walkers getting in the way lol 

If you got any other great spots like this let me know please :)