• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

8 hours ago, Hegs44 said:

Another bearing munched up. Yes I drive the Xmaxx like I've stolen it but it's what it's for.
I've munched 5+ in three weeks.
Apart from "Slow Down" are there tougher bearings out there ?
I love a high speed power slides followed by excessive acceleration out. emoji23.png?emoji48.png

057c8e02dbdbabee4f581f50836e4113.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your just blowing the seals off try metal sealed bearings instead. You using Traxxas bearings ? If so there not the greatest try rcbearing uk instead 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

If your just blowing the seals off try metal sealed bearings instead. You using Traxxas bearings ? If so there not the greatest try rcbearing uk instead 

;) I've never blown a seal !! but yes I'm using the stock bearings. 

I've looked at rcbearings and in info section they state the following.

METAL - Will last longer in clean conditions

RUBBER - Best used if exposed to dirt 

I'm definitely in the DIRT category. But having read up on the RPM oversized rear axle carrier it appear this has been designed to address the exact problem I've been having with the rear inner bearings popping.

Off to Modelsport. 

Thanks

Morning Gang,

Me again... So I use the TRX 4s ID Lipos and have the ID charger. BUT has anyone else found that they have trouble in charging ? I get battery errors, chemistry errors, inconsistent charging cycles. Saying lipo 100% when each cell only 4.0 v. Plugging it in again and get a different set of voltages etc etc etc. That is from all for of the Lipos. I can charge them fine on a standard non balanced charge cycle on another charger and they are fine obviously not balanced.

I have used lipos for years and have many varieties and chargers and never had the grief like I do from this new ID setup. And they were bloody expensive. 

Maybe a change to the Lipo voltage cutout on the ESC would help. Its currently on the default setting for the MAX5.

Any thoughts or observations gratefully received.

Regards

Hegs

3 hours ago, Hegs44 said:

Morning Gang,

Me again... So I use the TRX 4s ID Lipos and have the ID charger. BUT has anyone else found that they have trouble in charging ? I get battery errors, chemistry errors, inconsistent charging cycles. Saying lipo 100% when each cell only 4.0 v. Plugging it in again and get a different set of voltages etc etc etc. That is from all for of the Lipos. I can charge them fine on a standard non balanced charge cycle on another charger and they are fine obviously not balanced.

I have used lipos for years and have many varieties and chargers and never had the grief like I do from this new ID setup. And they were bloody expensive. 

Maybe a change to the Lipo voltage cutout on the ESC would help. Its currently on the default setting for the MAX5.

Any thoughts or observations gratefully received.

Regards

Hegs

Traxxas lipos and chargers are nothing more than overpriced junk it’s no wonder your having trouble get yourself a decent set of lipos and a decent charger you don’t have to spend the earth like the Traxxas stuff either 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Traxxas lipos and chargers are nothing more than overpriced junk it’s no wonder your having trouble get yourself a decent set of lipos and a decent charger you don’t have to spend the earth like the Traxxas stuff either 

Thanks, I know what you mean. I have 8 top end 3s 50c lipos for my Losi LST DBXXl and several good 7a+ chargers ( I also do airsoft so run hi discharge lipo in my guns(toys) on lipos). But I do like the 4s (8s) power in the Xmaxx. What would you recommend ? and I can't be doing with Hobbyking and the 8 week waiting. 

Cheers mydoddy69. 

39 minutes ago, Hegs44 said:

Thanks, I know what you mean. I have 8 top end 3s 50c lipos for my Losi LST DBXXl and several good 7a+ chargers ( I also do airsoft so run hi discharge lipo in my guns(toys) on lipos). But I do like the 4s (8s) power in the Xmaxx. What would you recommend ? and I can't be doing with Hobbyking and the 8 week waiting. 

Cheers mydoddy69. 

Use Hobbyking UK and you can choose next day or 48hr delivery I use similar to the ones above but 6200mah 40c compacts 4s and 3s and they haven’t missed a beat so far the 3s are over a year old and have had some major abuse lol the 4s I haven’t used much yet but so far so good :good:

If you don’t fancy them I also have some Gens ace 6750kv hard case packs which are fantastic I got from amazon prime on special lol nextday delivery ;) but you’ll have to swap the hold down bars upside down to get them to fit nice 

15 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Use Hobbyking UK and you can choose next day or 48hr delivery I use similar to the ones above but 6200mah 40c compacts 4s and 3s and they haven’t missed a beat so far the 3s are over a year old and have had some major abuse lol the 4s I haven’t used much yet but so far so good :good:

If you don’t fancy them I also have some Gens ace 6750kv hard case packs which are fantastic I got from amazon prime on special lol nextday delivery ;) but you’ll have to swap the hold down bars upside down to get them to fit nice 

Can't go wrong with the Zippy 6200mah 40c, got 6 of them and all good!

Edited by scoobied77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobied77 said:

Thanks Guys, as always a helpful source of information based on experience.

I've gone for some Turnigy's as below to bolster the collection. Definitely won't be getting the Traxxas ID ones again. The ones I have are useable and charge eventually its just they do it like when your Mrs is getting ready to go out and she tries on 8 dresses and 15 shades of makeup, then goes out in jeans and a baseball cap !! Same result but just a drama to get there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5000mAh-LiPo-Battery-4S-14-8V-20C-30C-Hardcase-Pack-HPI-TRAXXAS-TAMIYA-UK/281468062807?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=580506202282&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Ta Hegs

This truck !! It’s a money pit. So I get home. Prep for a bit of bashing and it’s got ghosts in the machine. Throttle fine but steering is like a bad case of Parkinson’s (no disrespect). Then steering stops !! 

Or starts again but only to the left. 

So servo ? Reciever ? 

I’ve changed channels and can operate steering with trigger but definitely the steering channel on drugs.   I keep the reciver water tight in a ballon etc. 

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP 

I used to keep mine in a balloon but if it breaks loose and bounces around it goes nuts lol apparently it’s something to do with the gyro sensors in them or so I was told. Now I shoe goo it to the ballon the shoe goo the ballon to the truck no more dramas since :good:

It might just need resetting but if it’s gone bad you can get them from RCMart for like £20 odd last I looked in the uk There double that lol 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, scoobied77 said:

Thanks Guys, as always a helpful source of information based on experience.

I've gone for some Turnigy's as below to bolster the collection. Definitely won't be getting the Traxxas ID ones again. The ones I have are useable and charge eventually its just they do it like when your Mrs is getting ready to go out and she tries on 8 dresses and 15 shades of makeup, then goes out in jeans and a baseball cap !! Same result but just a drama to get there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5000mAh-LiPo-Battery-4S-14-8V-20C-30C-Hardcase-Pack-HPI-TRAXXAS-TAMIYA-UK/281468062807?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=580506202282&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Ta Hegs

2 hours ago, QRC said:

All the way from mother Russia, rcmaniacs unbreakable bodyshell, fitting to cage to tomorrow, ready for bash in Saturday,

fruaiqe.jpg

Be interested in finding out how good these fit as there’s been mixed reviews on FB  about them I’m still in 2 minds as to get the white myself .. Did you pay any import fees ? 

On 03/10/2017 at 14:25, mydoddy69 said:

Strange but true. I wonder who makes the stuff for traxxas. Its no secret they struggle on elecs lol. King of the gimmicks but we still love their rollers lol. They must make good money with elecs. Or theyd offer rollers but mark up would be harder to hide. 

The whole Samsung faulty battery story probably tells us they all go to the cheapest supply. Samsung one phone. Two battery factories. One burned out factory and still no product. I expect samsung to have their own long time trusted manufacturers. But sounds like they go shopping around like we would. Only profit dictates their choice quality ours. 

10 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Be interested in finding out how good these fit as there’s been mixed reviews on FB  about them I’m still in 2 minds as to get the white myself .. Did you pay any import fees ? 

Lets start with the fit, rcmaniacs quote on description of the shell that it’s marginally smaller, so anyone crying on social media should hush up.

No import duties, turned up after 12 day’s of ordering.

• Like 1

Great looking body !

Right so a full strip down of servo and receiver. Maybe moisture had compromised the electrics. Couple of minutes of compressed air. Re-sealed, greased and pt back together. All is working well. In fact the servo feels and performs with sharper movement and reaction to controls.

So fingers crossed... Until the next smash !!