• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

After 3, hands up, who here would do that to their own 'X' ... come on ... who?

If the Naysayers are still saying it cannot take a beating, surely .... THAT was stupidity, but a real beating!!

AND IT SURVIVED!

Al.

5 minutes ago, Guns said:

Now I want a Merv!

Interested to know what gearing he is running? Is that with a 1600kv motor?

Yeah he outed the 1275kv, last I heard he was running 19/50 but he did mention he was going to up it to 22/50 and he usally runs a mix of 6s and 8s on it aswell lol 

Had the merv didn't like it much to be honest but in saying that I have always fancied a mini summit which is pretty much the same thing lol 

Edited by mydoddy69

That motor was hauling, so possibly - by hauling I mean revving.

MERV - anything above 2S, MUST have a wheelie bar .. but ... with 3S, you're on the roof anyway - mine flips in a nanosecond if I want / don't want - CONTROL is key!!

Al.

4 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yeah he outed the 1275kv, last I heard he was running 19/50 but he did mention he was going to up it to 22/50 and he usally runs a mix of 6s and 8s on it aswell lol 

Had the merv didn't like it much to be honest but in saying that I have always fancied a mini summit which is pretty much the same thing lol 

I'm on 24/46 now with the 1275kv and 8s. I know its hard to say but the performance looks identical to mine, and it certainly has that level of punch. Im on setting 2 for Punch on the Max 6.

WILD!!

I simply installed my XL2 as received and haven't reprogrammed it, YET, but I'm on 46 / 31 I think with the 910 KV 'Beast' and the MTXL tyres.

Problem for everyone, there's NO WAY I'm going to 'play' like that.

I do want to max it a few times - like LOADS - so I'll need to see if it needs weight at the front - reckon it'll start lifting.

Al.

The rolls and flips were incredible. I have seen mine do a few corner to corner wheel flips where it cartwheels along 6-8 times and your heart is in your mouth anticipating breakages but he took it to a completely different level there from a speed perspective.

great video !

3 hours ago, FatWheels said:

Brilliant crashes from Kev and his 8S X-Maxx some epic rolls and high speed crashes 

Colour me impressed. Nothing I own could take that abuse.  But then, nothing I own costs that much.

Impressive vid, but this is why i'm sticking to 6s. On 8s i'd just trash the thing - I can't do that to £800 worth of plastic! :xd: 

I had every intention of buying this. Wouldve snapped his hand off for £450

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-X-Maxx-/112334593853?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=eLFBZn3%2F7OvI9uofTI5NrOVWcok%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I was in a meeting and missed the auction :(

3 hours ago, Dinga said:

I can imagine breaking the bulkhead then, Im thinking rpm ones and putting up with them poping out....

You could always replace the pins with a nut and bolt which would stop them popping out but due to the flex this can lead to breaking the shock shaft or bending the driveshaft. From what I read the rpm stuff isn't really that great I have got the rear hubs which I like after replacing the bearings mind, but the the rear wheelie bar was a fail and the arms are no better IMO .. 

I really don't think RPM have brought there A game to the Maxx either that or there using the wrong plastic compound maybe ? 

3 hours ago, Dinga said:

I can imagine breaking the bulkhead then, Im thinking rpm ones and putting up with them poping out....

Alloy Upper Arms, Dhawk shockshafts and RPM rear hubs. Its about the best youll get. The bulkheads have metal plates holdin in the pins, so id be suprised if you broke them?

Edited by Guns

Think the plastic they use is obviously designed to flex it just does so to much, As for the wheelie bar that's completely rubbish looking at the video haha. I'm waiting on a pin for my rears i had a spare control arm from my last breakage but lost the pin couldn't find it... So have bodged it with a cable tie lol. and im thinking, thats not too bad i have not ran it i just didn't like seeing the wheel laying horizontal on its stand but maybe that wouldn't be so bad as it has a bit more flex to standard arms and would probably snap before the top control arm.

34 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Just got an email from good old Wheelspin new parts for the 8s X Maxx are in :) 

Alloy diff cups all round and the rear protector for me ;) 

Anyone else to any plans on upgrading ? 

As in stock 8s parts or upgrades?

14 minutes ago, Guns said:

As in stock 8s parts or upgrades?

To be honest I only checked on the parts I wanted 

Just pop the parts numbers in you after to check 

Edited by mydoddy69

56 minutes ago, Guns said:

You said alloy diff cups. Is that a stock Centre Diff case on my 8s example?

Yes fella ;) 

As far as I can work out you need the cup and the extra shims to get them to work so part numbers 7783x and 7781x . Are they needed ? No idea but can't hurt to add a little more strength to the drivetrain ;) 

Mind you time you add both parts it might be cheaper to get the GPM cups ?