• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Yep I'm going to have to agree with Tim on this, the first 2 had some slop and play here and there nothing to worry about but this last one I got with the colour coded hubs and shocks just feels different tighter even the tyres feel different ! . Now I thought it was just my imagination on the tyres but ripoffbritian says the same about the tyres he just bought.. Maybe it got a little rework done down the road prior to releasing the V2 ? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

My 1/5 motor will be here soon, guess I'll be 8s also.

What motor did you opt for ? 

Im thinking the the leopard 1340 but i want to see how the new Traxxas one performs first ;)  

20 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

What motor did you opt for ? 

Im thinking the the leopard 1340 but i want to see how the new Traxxas one performs first ;)  

Bought a 730kv leopard, and a bunch of Pinions, 30,32,35,40,48T.  Most run 48T with the 2028 castle 800kv.  I have a 1090k Leopard I can try as well.  

Edited by Timritchieblue

23 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Remember I had that issue fitting the Rock Passion ring and pinions to the new centre diff ? Well not no more :) 

65B334F0-E510-42E3-8DA8-D49DD2705871_zps

The one on the left has had the centre mounting drill out as it not needed on the centre diff it's only used when you use the gears on the front and rear for the outdrives to bolt too.. 

Before it sat in like this 

8DB60120-F66A-4820-9D2F-387BFA8A808D_zps

Now it sits all the way in nice and snug 

ECDF8774-36A2-4493-96E3-D3449EFE1062_zps

Well chuffed with this ;) 

Did u just drill it out yourself? ( was it easy? )

;)

1 hour ago, Ocdcbr said:

Did u just drill it out yourself? ( was it easy? )

;)

No I gave it to a mate of mine he did it at work for me. If you want to try it I'd get a 6.5mm calbalt bit and use a bench drill.. Normal HSS bits won't cut it ;) 

Be careful though the end material is super thin and you need to go all the way down 

If you got a steady hand you might be all right using a cordless drill and a vice ? 

29 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

We're back again lol

ten packs on Sunday no diff issues, just tore front bumper mount out and more damage to the shell, my shell is now 50% shoe goo, I really need that wheely bar when it comes available.

5 runs in one day! I wish I had your time haha!

• Like 1

Well... i got my vxl8 replaced and i managed to snap a top control arm on the rear, so waiting on parts again, should be here tomorrow, so i got bored and stripped the car down to basically nothing. Washing all the plastic oiling all the bearings.. im getting slightly concerned i may not be able to rebuild it i brought some stainless steel replacement  screws so all is good for spares its really easy to strip next up is the the front bulkhead.

32 minutes ago, Dinga said:

Well... i got my vxl8 replaced and i managed to snap a top control arm on the rear, so waiting on parts again, should be here tomorrow, so i got bored and stripped the car down to basically nothing. Washing all the plastic oiling all the bearings.. im getting slightly concerned i may not be able to rebuild it i brought some stainless steel replacement  screws so all is good for spares its really easy to strip next up is the the front bulkhead.

Welcome, and enjoy the rebuild!!

I built mine from parts, and had a steel rule, hex drivers and my laptop open at the Traxxas X-Maxx downloads page when I was building it!

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 1

I don't need instructions;) I hope haha. Going good so far steering is rebuilt and much free feeling than before i stripped it.

Things to note the front diff was near empty of fluid, the center diff the fluid is very thick literally you can touch it and it does not really stick to your finger...I guess the center diff is supposed to be so thick? i have re filled the rear diff with 100k fluid and the front 50k.

Edited by Dinga