• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

22 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

In terms of ratio:

19/50 = 2.6316

20/54 = 2.7           Teeny bit slower

21/54 = 2.5714     Teeny bit quicker

From what I've read before the spurs can melt from the heat of the slipper. Is the bearing spinning ok? or stiff? My doddy swapped his out for a thrust type bearing a while back. The spring crushed on the bearing sheilding and locked his original which melted his spurs.

Thank you,, I have the Kershaw slipper spring, and I'm don't want to remove it.  It's set PERFECT.   Well maybe not perfect for a plastic spur.  They seem to last almost 2 full packs of hard bashing.  I have new bearings also,  I might count the turns on the slipper, and replace bearing.  Il be installing the 20/54 tomorrow.

thanks

UPDATE: For anyone want to try these ratios,, YOU CANT.  I had to install a 18/54 combo, biggest pinion the will work with the factory motor mount.  Didn't feel like cutting up my chassis, and motor mount.

Edited by Timritchieblue

5 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

Thank you,, I have the Kershaw slipper spring, and I'm don't want to remove it.  It's set PERFECT.   Well maybe not perfect for a plastic spur.  They seem to last almost 2 full packs of hard bashing.  I have new bearings also,  I might count the turns on the slipper, and replace bearing.  Il be installing the 20/54 tomorrow.

thanks

By the looks of the new manual Traxxas have metal Spurs coming in all sizes 54/50 and 46 although there are aftermarket ones already out you could try ? 

I ran a metal 50 for a while but it eat through pinions lol 

43 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

Really can't see the gain on getting the centre diff and Cush drive it may help with front wheels ballooning don't know 

Defo getting the wheely bar though, you must be able to buy the rear body protector separately surely.

Yes fella my bad sorry after further investigation ( opening my eyes ) your right it's $6.00 lol 

List if bits need for the Cush and centre diff but I haven't included a few bearings or the ring and pinion but I did add on the tailgate and wheeliebar ;) 

Cush drive 
7793 $3.00
7794 $3.00
7786X $4.00
7785X $6.00
7786X $12.00

Centre diff 
7796 $65.00

Bulk Head 
7727X $20.00
5108 $8.00

Wheeliebar
7776 $28.00

Tailgate protector
7712 $6.00

Not to bad really 

Obvisiosly if you wanted to go the whole hog and get the cvds motor esc then you'd be better just buying a new truck lol IMO 

12 minutes ago, patrick.irie16 said:

Thanks . I think they are all gone from the UK stock. Will Ask AL all the same. Anyone got recommendations for 4s lipos? Flouren seems reasonable but I had bad experience with the 3 s lipos.

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk

There's been a FAN-BLEEDIN-TASTIC offer at Hobbyking - see my posts.

Probably gone but try.

Graphene, hard-case-Roar approved - 5Ah 90C 4S LiPo - absolute BEASTS!!

Link still indicates there's some left ...

Al.

20 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

No worriers found it all now but your list is way off them wheels are a pair not for all four plus the tail gate protector is not sold seperate that's the part number for 4 bolts lol and the Cush drive needs all the components . Then you forgot to ad the bulkhead out drives drive shafts and ring and pinions time you add all this you might aswell buy a new one at £899 :( 

im going to cheery pick the parts I think full Cush drive centre diff wheelie bar and bulk heads for now .. That's about all I'm intertersted in truth be told the reset I'm not bothered by 

Im just gonna wait to break something and then hopefully they'll be an upgrade part avaliable. Nothing on Tower yet mind!

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Im just gonna wait to break something and then hopefully they'll be an upgrade part avaliable. Nothing on Tower yet mind!

I got another kit coming gonna do  a trade on the esc and I've sold all the cvds slipper bulkhead etc off as they where new, and I've sold the fan from the kit aswell as the ring and pinions as I'll use my RP on this one ;) came in slightly cheaper than buying the bits above. All I need then is the tailgate guard and later down the road a motor .. 

Happydayz ;) 

34 minutes ago, chilau said:

They look good, how much did you pay for shipping ?

I ordered 2 sets and split it came in at £29.80 a set including postage  ;) 

Edited by mydoddy69

This is an interesting video.

Posted perhaps a week ago - MTXL wheels and hammering it properly - no issues:

Just looks so much better with MT wheels on an MT, not buggy wheels (which do do a good job, don't get me wrong!!).

Al.

• Like 1

Agreed they look awesome but $514+ for some rubber boots is a bit on the pricy side of life lol That's just over £100 a corner 

I do like those hot racing knuckles though with the extra bearing might have to get myself some of them ;) 

So motor choice time !! 

What would you choose and why ? do you stick with 6s or up the game to 8s ? 

Im going to be ordering a Kershaws motor mount in the next few weeks so if anyone wants to share on the postage and join in let me knoŵ ;) 

Said a few times - I had a couple of XL2's lying around .... so mine's got 6S or 8S into a Toro X524 910 KV 'Beast' - it is by name and nature.

There's zero end-play in the motor and it's SUPER smooth - love it.

I don't run it often - still waiting on the shell - nearly finished!! - but will never blast mine the way many / most will so my installation's definitely overkill - so what!!

X-WheelsLettered%20-%2020161113-01_zps2d

STOP PRESS ............. STOP PRESS ......................    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Teaser!!!!   :@.@:

16683447_10154087299177587_1496184915_n%

Still some work left but getting close!!

Al.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Thanks Doddy,, I have been wanting to compare the castle 1717 to the Xmaxx motor.  I bought a CNC bell end (Thanks Chris Poole) for the Xmaxx motor to install in my crappy 1/7 CEN.