• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

I suggested on the T Forum that it might be an idea to produce a 'rolling chassis + body' (as there is no direct-fit replacement body).

It wasn't shot down, but a 'Marshal' (Admin) simply stated 'there will be no rolling chassis' ...

I think Traxxas are missing a trick here ...

'You want it reasonably fast, then here's our RTR, but if you want to take to a custom level, here's the rolling chassis - motor, ESC, batteries and radio gear required' ...

Thought it could be a good idea - marketed properly, they'll still sell their 2nd rate ESC's, but will definitely move more trucks I reckon.

Al.

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

I suggested on the T Forum that it might be an idea to produce a 'rolling chassis + body' (as there is no direct-fit replacement body).

It wasn't shot down, but a 'Marshal' (Admin) simply stated 'there will be no rolling chassis' ...

I think Traxxas are missing a trick here ...

'You want it reasonably fast, then here's our RTR, but if you want to take to a custom level, here's the rolling chassis - motor, ESC, batteries and radio gear required' ...

Thought it could be a good idea - marketed properly, they'll still sell their 2nd rate ESC's, but will definitely move more trucks I reckon.

Al.

Theyre profit is clearly in the electrics not a roller. They must make a fortune on the TSM radio etc. Youll never see a Traxxas roller, theyve built their whole ressurgance on been RTR. Even their Platinum editions come with servo/esc/motor.

Edited by Guns

3 hours ago, Guns said:

Theyre profit is clearly in the electrics not a roller. They must make a fortune on the TSM radio etc. Youll never see a Traxxas roller, theyve built their whole ressurgance on been RTR. Even their Platinum editions come with servo/esc/motor.

£20 says I can show you a Traxxas roller ;) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311779990891

Okay joking aside yeah your right it's just not something they want so it would suggest the markup is on the electrics which leads you to the next question why the heck do they put such a massive mark up on them when there all pretty crap surely being as crap as they are they can't be that exspensive to make ? Which makes you feel like there a bunch if greedy buggers and were all a bunch of silly buggers for buying them ..

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

These the same ones you fitted ? 

Whats going on with the forum ? Looks like some posts just got lost ? 

YES - same ones.

Didn't have time to check but should come with cables - mine did. Just needed to solder on my selected connectors - 8 mm bullets.

OK, 'only 5Ah' but WOW they have some welly!!

Al.

1 hour ago, patrick.irie16 said:

Hi what do think about these on same site. Turnigy nano-tech A-SPEC G2 6000mah 4S 45C Lipo Pack

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk

These don't fit unless you cut the battery tray as the wires poke out at the top of the packs I have the 3s version same problem :( 

17 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

Does anyone know why the plastic spur strips?  2nd one gone. Just wasted my 50t. spur,  I have a steel 54T or plastic 46T,, I like the 19/50 gearing ,  what gearing would be close with the 54T spur?  20/54t?

In terms of ratio:

19/50 = 2.6316

20/54 = 2.7           Teeny bit slower

21/54 = 2.5714     Teeny bit quicker

From what I've read before the spurs can melt from the heat of the slipper. Is the bearing spinning ok? or stiff? My doddy swapped his out for a thrust type bearing a while back. The spring crushed on the bearing sheilding and locked his original which melted his spurs.

Edited by dazp1976

8 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

New part Nos, and prices

7796  centre diff      $70

7772x  New wheels/tyres complete   $70

3474  Dual cooling fan     $40

7794 and 7793 cush drive   $6

7776  Wheely bar complete   $28

7712  Tailgate protector   $6

3491  1200xl  motor     $250

$470. Roughly 50% the cost of a complete new one. Madness. :rolleyes:

Regarding the motor if it needed replacing you'd save a few £ getting the Kershaw mount and a big fat Leopard :D

Jenny's will break some at some point.

44 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

$470. Roughly 50% the cost of a complete new one. Madness. :rolleyes:

Regarding the motor if it needed replacing you'd save a few £ getting the Kershaw mount and a big fat Leopard :D

Jenny's will break some at some point.

Every other R/C will look like that if you add up individual parts at RRP though. 

3 hours ago, patrick.irie16 said:

Hi which ones don't fit as the size is within the xmaxx tray dimensions? Also do you know how to connect the traxxas plug without cutting the wire and soldering on the plugs. I thought 5.5 bullet connector to traxxas plug adapters would do the trick.

The lipos you mention fit the tray unfortunately those diemensions don't include the wires exiting the lipo which means they don't fit unless you modify the tray . 

1 hour ago, Ripoffbritain said:

New part Nos, and prices

7796  centre diff      $70

7772x  New wheels/tyres complete   $70

3474  Dual cooling fan     $40

7794 and 7793 cush drive   $6

7776  Wheely bar complete   $28

7712  Tailgate protector   $6

3491  1200xl  motor     $250

No worriers found it all now but your list is way off them wheels are a pair not for all four plus the tail gate protector is not sold seperate that's the part number for 4 bolts lol and the Cush drive needs all the components . Then you forgot to ad the bulkhead out drives drive shafts and ring and pinions time you add all this you might aswell buy a new one at £899 :( 

im going to cheery pick the parts I think full Cush drive centre diff wheelie bar and bulk heads for now .. That's about all I'm intertersted in truth be told the reset I'm not bothered by 

Edited by mydoddy69

8 minutes ago, patrick.irie16 said:

OK thanks.thats good to know. Do you know how to get traxxas plugs on these Turnigy Graphene without soldering.

You should be able to find an adaptor but there a super tight fit I think even Al had trouble your best if asking him as he has them