• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

is it a new car or are they just reusing a old car with a new shell to make some quick money for the X fix.  also we might end up seeing the older X esc / motor in something else.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

I sent a offer through eBay.

i sent Kershaw a email days ago, asking for a update, sent another one today, and called twice.  I guess tomorrow I'll just order the rock passion gears, and open a claim through PayPal for Kershaw.

Hi Tim, do you have any more info on ebay seller for the Rock Passion diffs ?

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Cracks me up. Kershaws fobs everyone off and can't do it yet some guy in China gets fed up with blown gears, gets a small cnc in his flat and duplicates them :lol:

Not cheap but if the quality is there it's there ;) Fair play :) 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Guns said:

Guessing or comfirmed? You seem very in the know!

Id love to say confirmed but no just guessing ..

Why revo to stick it to Arrma over the nero and big rock !!.. Lets face it once Traxxas get the drivetrian and the esc sorted then will see them release a new platform something like the slash or the revo which will then be used for various other new rigs or facelifts which ever you prefer 

I know i said id never buy another Traxxas but if it was a 1/6th slash or revo i may well be tempted to be honest but id rather the slash platform over the revo.

6 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

i can't believe how fast he returned my funds,, can't return a call, or email, but replied back to PayPal.   I would rather not be his part test dummy.

Hey if Dan wants to sent me some ill happily see if i can destroy them for him :) 

• Like 1

Holy smoke !! Look at the price NOW! 

98EC3C9B-7919-430B-AD28-6E139327A810_zps

http://www.logicrc.com/?ItemId=Z-TRX7795

Some back orders going out Monday hitting shops for Tuesday if anyone is interested but at that price I doubt it very much .. 

Even the deposit has gone up !! 

Hopefully there will be a discount to be had from the likes of Wheelspin and Modelsport 

That's with the motor upgrade and batteries and charger I take it ...... total bollocks!!

Wait until the truck comes out in February, then Jenny's get their hands on a few ... and / or the individual spares start being sold by Tower in perhaps 6 months' time.

Al.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Holy smoke !! Look at the price NOW! 

http://www.logicrc.com/?ItemId=Z-TRX7795

Some back orders going out Monday hitting shops for Tuesday if anyone is interested but at that price I doubt it very much .. 

Even the deposit has gone up !! 

Hopefully there will be a discount to be had from the likes of Wheelspin and Modelsport 

jeez!! rip off Britain strikes again :faintthud:

Better off getting those China diffs and waiting for the V2 or Jenny's. 

Get yourselves a small cheap 3D printer & some rubber wheels and print your own wheelie bars. Bust 3 or 4 and it's paid for itself.

Can't see MS or WS doing anyone any favours. Traxxas don't do discounts.

Traxxas already gave Dollar Hobbyz the shaft for breaking kits so hopefully Jenny's don't end up in the same boat.

so £419 with the ESC return........ You can buy the kit from RC Mart for $475 plus postage of $45 so thats £425 plus you keep your old ESC... You may get stung for tax too.

Few goods arrived for mine:

00B0E921-487A-4AFD-BE00-48FF0D09036A_zps

Dusty motors Cover

14t Pinion

DHawk shock shafts for the front (arrived within 7 days from China over New Year!!)
Program Box for the ESC
Connectors for the 4S Batts

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, patrick.irie16 said:

Hi so is it worth the money or keep 6s and upgrade when items are sold as separates. Is it a lot more to buy the items individually. Anyone done the maths?

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk

You can't at the minute as the parts aren't listed anywhere but going of current prices and adding a educated guess here and there if you bought the parts seperate there is a saving to be had but the main saving would be on the esc 

I reckon getting the kit then selling off the esc and other bits will be the way to go as you should be able fingers crossed to get around £175 hopefully for your new 8s  esc and other bits well I hope so this would then bring the parts down to £225 if you jump on the Wheelspin price as that's still £549 with a £150 refundable deposit ;) 

with the saving you can either get a max6 or max5 if you don't have one already or just keep the 8s esc and knock off some of the saving say £90 ? 

Educated guess on buying seperate £426 just for the parts with esc £675? So you could possibly save yourself  £200 buts it's a gamble as no one knows what the price of parts will be or what price your get for your old bits 

Me I'm taking the gamble at the minute but I'll be honest I'm in 2 minds as to cancel the kits or not 

Edited by mydoddy69

5 minutes ago, Deafty said:

Something aint right here.

Why a limited run?  ---> will the xmaxx V1  be discontinued ?  ----> What are the V2's specs?  any real info on it or just speculatinion that the 'powerup ki' is the only change?

The V1 is now discontinued on Tower so I'm guessing that's they way it's going 

The v2 specs are on Tower

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGMGC**&P=ML

There's other bits that changed that aren't in the the kit like the motor and a body kit was rumoured as where some other bits 

Edited by mydoddy69