• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

28 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

That's if you can find any,here I go negging again!

There in stock at Wheelspin and modelsport have the pinions just not the ring gear plus there's plenty on eBay last I checked .. 

Ive decided after a chat with a guy over in the states to give these Traxxas upgraded ring and pinions ago apperently there's a new batch due out which Modelsport are getting in stock within the next few weeks . I guess will finally be able to put to bed if there good or bad once and for all., I've also got a set of the Kershaws on order so I can compare both one in one Xmaxx and one set in the other .. Should be a fair fight as both are meant to be what 6 times as strong as stock ? 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The Hound said:

I'm not suggesting owners simply buy a different car, thats just useless

So what are you suggesting as I don't see anything positive from you besides telling people after buying a £800 RC car they should just enjoy the experience of crucial expensive parts breaking prematurely and to cough up because that's part of the experience and the "challenge". FYI, read the thread, its not just so called negativity from me.

Edited by Twist

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

There in stock at Wheelspin and modelsport have the pinions just not the ring gear plus there's plenty on eBay last I checked .. 

Ive decided after a chat with a guy over in the states to give these Traxxas upgraded ring and pinions ago apperently there's a new batch due out which Modelsport are getting in stock within the next few weeks . I guess will finally be able to put to bed if there good or bad once and for all., I've also got a set of the Kershaws on order so I can compare both one in one Xmaxx and one set in the other .. Should be a fair fight as both are meant to be what 6 times as strong as stock ? 

I think i bought the last ring on ebay,

would there be any comeback if you bought the spirals from modelsport or just fair ware and tear do you think?.

perhaps thats why there out of stock if they are making changes to them

Edited by Ripoffbritain

2 hours ago, Ripoffbritain said:

I think i bought the last ring on ebay,

would there be any comeback if you bought the spirals from modelsport or just fair ware and tear do you think?.

perhaps thats why there out of stock if they are making changes to them

I can't say ive heard of anyone getting replacements on them so far but you never know your luck 

Caved in and bought a set of stock ring and pinions, which arrived this morning so thought instead of just fitting I'll try something different ..

Went  out ran a couple of 6s packs on 18/46 and all is well so far.. Guess time will tell but atleast it's back running after about a month of being down lol .. Anything has to be worth a shot ? 

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 3

Good to see its back on the road.

It's amazing how many non owners love to chime in on this thread who have never even driven one.

Still loving mine I have chipped a diff but it's so small the impact is just additional noise I have front and rear replacements still in their packaging hopefully it won't explode today. Weather looks great outside.

Edited by FatWheels
  • Like 1

Perhaps some people that don't own this truck yet look on this thread as they want to make an informed decesion and getting views from people that own it is the best source of information. For me personally reading this thread has made up my mind not to buy it. I could just about get all the money together to buy a new one but if it is going to cost £50 or so every run to fix broken bits I would have been bitterly dissapointed and also not been able to afford to keep it.

• Like 3

Just now, sunny said:

Perhaps some people that don't own this truck yet look on this thread as they want to make an informed decesion and getting views from people that own it is the best source of information. For me personally reading this thread has made up my mind not to buy it. I could just about get all the money together to buy a new one but if it is going to cost £50 or so every run to fix broken bits I would have been bitterly dissapointed and also not been able to afford to keep it.

Agree completely.

I mean I like the X-Maxx but wouldn't consider buying one until HD upgrade bits that sort out the design weaknesses properly are readily available but like to read this thread to see how things are developing. 

John

3 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

By the same token, it's amazing how many owners seem to think only they have the right to chime in, on an open public discussion forum.

Not at all boss I welcome opinion from experienced RCers but some of the negativity from some people on here is hilarious when all they have done is YouTube the xmaxx. Yes it has it's faults but for £650 I don't see anything on the market that is anywhere near as large and as much fun to drive as the xmaxx.

i have about £100 of parts sat in a box unused.  So far I have replaced a few hub carriers some bearings and both bumpers all caused by my appalling driving.

Just a little update ran 3x6s packs this morning and all is still well, plenty of jumps etc a few full on throttle landings from my crap driving skills which if I'm honest had me quite surprised I didn't strip a ring and pinion 

Im loving this gearing choice gives me plenty of power for in air corrections, motor seems a touch warmer but nothing to worry about.. Think I've found my sweet spot on gearing :D 

Its days like today that make you feel good about owning an X-Maxx now watch me go screw it up :P

Agreed it's not a cheap RC to own and keep running and it's not something I'd recommend folks go and buy in its current state, but if the diffs got sorted then I'd say crack on as the rest you can live with or get round ;) 

3 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

Not at all boss I welcome opinion from experienced RCers but some of the negativity from some people on here is hilarious when all they have done is YouTube the xmaxx. Yes it has it's faults but for £650 I don't see anything on the market that is anywhere near as large and as much fun to drive as the xmaxx.

i have about £100 of parts sat in a box unused.  So far I have replaced a few hub carriers some bearings and both bumpers all caused by my appalling driving.

Trouble is fella it's now £789 you guys that got these for £650 need to remember that and if I'm honest wether there's anything like it or not in its current state it's just not worth the hefty price tag IMO 

11 hours ago, FatWheels said:

It's amazing how many non owners love to chime in on this thread who have never even driven one.

I have said this from the very start of this thread. The u tube warriors, and from picking up other things from other forums.  My issue was it's a xmaxx OWNERS thread. But it didn't stop non owners from continually chipping in with there negativity.  Oh well hey ho. Life goes on.  I enjoy mine. I obviously don't bash it as hard as you guys as I have no breakages. Yet.  

3 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

I have said this from the very start of this thread. The u tube warriors, and from picking up other things from other forums.  My issue was it's a xmaxx OWNERS thread. But it didn't stop non owners from continually chipping in with there negativity.  Oh well hey ho. Life goes on.  I enjoy mine. I obviously don't bash it as hard as you guys as I have no breakages. Yet.  

It's an open forum and it's good to hear from both parties good or bad IMO sad to say but I t would be a very dull and boring thread with just owners chiming in as most seem to use it once in a blue moon or have since sold it on lol 

Theres no getting away from its flaws there well documented all over the web and in all honesty the real reason most owners jump on the band wagon when a non owner has something to say is they just don't like there new pride and joy getting slated IMO 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Theres no getting away from its flaws there well documented all over the web and in all honesty the real reason most owners jump on the band wagon when a non owner has something to say is they just don't like there new pride and joy getting slated IMO 

May be so. Don't get me wrong am not going to lose sleep over some having a dig. But we have reason.  We bought it. We had real time experience with it so we can give opinions on it. Good or bad as we have the real in our hands rather than some keyboard warrior just slating it to get there 5 minutes of fame on the forum. 

I would never slate anything I never had or had experience on.  That's just the way it is. 

Edited by Ady 2215

I'm no YouTube Warrior and I'm not on any other forums. My comments have come from what I've read. I don't want to cause offence or upset anyone, I just want to express my opinions and feelings. I was one of the many folk on here who wanted a Maxx when it was first announced. In many ways I still want one because it's currently a unique rig. But. The new price is cripplingly high, I can't justify the expenditure. Everything I've read about Traxxarse's attitude to the problems and the criticisms from users of its forum have made me decide that they will never get their hands on my coin. Can anyone who owns a Maxx honestly say they're 100% happy with their purchase? Yes, I know most manufacturers have fouled up at some point but this is extreme. If I'm going to drop a large amount of coin on something I want to be sure it's usable more often than it's not. 

• Like 3

I can honestly say iam 100 % happy with my purchase.  I may not bash it as hard as others on here.  I have had no issues at all. Not one. I would even buy it at the newer price if I had the money.  But that's me.  

2 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

I can honestly say iam 100 % happy with my purchase.  I may not bash it as hard as others on here.  I have had no issues at all. Not one. I would even buy it at the newer price if I had the money.  But that's me.  

Fair play chap. I'm happy to be proved wrong. 

1 hour ago, Ady 2215 said:

May be so. Don't get me wrong am not going to lose sleep over some having a dig. But we have reason.  We bought it. We had real time experience with it so we can give opinions on it. Good or bad as we have the real in our hands rather than some keyboard warrior just slating it to get there 5 minutes of fame on the forum. 

I would never slate anything I never had or had experience on.  That's just the way it is. 

I wouldn't call our members keyboard warriors just out for fame lol .. Owner or not it's fairly easy to make an educated opinion on a product  with the amount of info out there surrounding the Maxx. 

Id say it's pretty clear you hate folk saying something bad about the Maxx, you say you would never slate anything but your more than willing to slate members for having an opinion .. 

Im glad your happy with your purchase and I'm even more glad you haven't exsperenced any of the common issues so far but perhaps when you start if you start to use it regular you will, real time exsperence comes from actually using it not polishing it by the way :P