• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

13 minutes ago, RCpete said:

You dont have to buy the truck to see its just another plastic Traxxas that costs way too much then requires a shed load more spent on it to make it bashable........sorry.

If it costs way to much for you. Buy something a lot cheaper and post you negative none constructive  view on the cheaper thread.  Sorry but wtf is that about.  It doesn't need any money on it to make it BASHABLE. 

• Like 1

well.... mine cost me £650... i bashed it stock straight out the box... zero mods and touched nothing. it lasted about 30 mins... i had a lot of fun and broke nothing..

its not the perfect big rc MT basher, not really sure what is tho.....but its pretty darn good so far ( 1 bash in ;)).... i am quite impressed!

here's part 2 of my 1st bash vid with a fair bit of after run chat..:good:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ukfox said:

I am using the Kershaw mount

used an extension cable on the esc , so i can quickly unplug it to use the castle software

getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img30018_1402201

What size pinion/spur are you running?  and are you running 6s or 8s?  I'm running a 2028/xlx combo with a 49t pinion and 50t spur.  I maxed it out yesterday just above 50mph or 81kph.  Just wondering how your setup performs with the smaller pinion/spur?

8 hours ago, Noj said:

Fatwheels, any possibility of getting some video footage? Would be a good comparator with Ocd's.....

Iphone5s is my only camera at the moment. I do intend on buying a camera system anything you would recommend ? 

Ocdcbr's footage is great and and an accurate reflection of the Xmaxx. My one handed driving skills are non existent unfortunately.

Edited by FatWheels

1 hour ago, FatWheels said:

Iphone5s is my only camera at the moment. I do intend on buying a camera system anything you would recommend ? 

Ocdcbr's footage is great and and an accurate reflection of the Xmaxx. My one handed driving skills are non existent unfortunately.

get a gopro or sj4000, great cameras imo

30 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

Thanks chaps that SJ4000 seems great value compared to a GoPro. No sleep lost if it gets trashed.

Is the body harness / strap best for filming and attaching the camera when flying solo? No experience of filming RC cars. 

I have my gopro hanging off the bottom of my transmitter upside down.... Allows u to get close in. With that type of cam and the fish eye lens I find the car is too far away otherwise. I have hit myself several times tho!.. 

2 hours ago, FatWheels said:

That's a good idea and it certainly works for you and your vids.  

I presume it's on some kind of bracket on the transmitter?  Any pics ? 

The extra cost of the Go pro camera I presume is in the quality of the lense and final image. 

I use the cycle helmet mount though a normal stick on mount would do the same job .. And then a j hook mount so the cam hangs down under the transmitter base. The trans then acts like a kind of  upside down tripod...u have to get used to pointing out transmitter at tye car while driving of course.. But it comes easy enough after a little practice. I am thinking of getting a feigutech wearable gimbal to hang it off... Then it would be super smooth and I would not need to worry about trying to keep a steady hand. I'll post u a pic when I get home. 

I I just tried mine on 15/50 gearing. A fair bit better actually... And now it felt quick enough. Still not super powerful but that's bigger motor territory I think. There was def enough speed to launch it high enough!... I had a big cartwheel actually.. And next jump I broke it on a sketchy landing. Any1 want to guess which part I broke?.....;)

hope or I caught it on vid...

2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

sorry i seem to be having a moment, what do you mean ' draw the line'?

No pun intended just can't picture myself wearing a head cam! If it works for you happy days !

I need to look at options before pulling the trigger on something.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

I use the cycle helmet mount though a normal stick on mount would do the same job .. And then a j hook mount so the cam hangs down under the transmitter base. The trans then acts like a kind of  upside down tripod...u have to get used to pointing out transmitter at tye car while driving of course.. But it comes easy enough after a little practice. I am thinking of getting a feigutech wearable gimbal to hang it off... Then it would be super smooth and I would not need to worry about trying to keep a steady hand. I'll post u a pic when I get home. 

I I just tried mine on 15/50 gearing. A fair bit better actually... And now it felt quick enough. Still not super powerful but that's bigger motor territory I think. There was def enough speed to launch it high enough!... I had a big cartwheel actually.. And next jump I broke it on a sketchy landing. Any1 want to guess which part I broke?.....;)

hope or I caught it on vid...

Upgrade gears and break the car ouch ! My guess is shock shaft.

i had a big cartwheel on Sunday and was mighty relieved when it just pulled away with no issues. I need to order some spare bits to have on hand.

Please post a pic of how the cam is mounted / works in relation to the transmitter. That sounds like a good solution.

• Like 1

Nope u r wrong!

rear hub carrier!

:thumbsup: Classic 1 wheel sideways landing and it was done! :boredlook:... Edit.. Shame it was the 1st crash of that type. I'll check the vid.. It was maybe 6 degrees c. So cold. 

Maybe I'm trying to bash too much like 1/8. Rpm might have to save the day?

im coming from my mugen 1/8 buggies which I've not broken... At all... And my mt4 which I beat bad and apart from a few hinge pins and 1 front arm has taken huge hits and just carried on!....

as as I say tho... The vid I think may reveal that is was a "fair" break. 

15/50 gearing felt promising on a positive note. ;)

Edited by Ocdcbr

7 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Nope u r wrong!

rear hub carrier!

:thumbsup: Classic 1 wheel sideways landing and it was done! :boredlook:

Would you class that breakage as normal or because the truck is weak,

what I mean by that is I know when I've pushed a truck to far and I except that it's my fault and  not the cars

I need to check the vid tbh. 

I had just cartwheeled in at full throttle maybe 30ft....? Had a quick look at it. All seemed fine. 

Went for the return jump , fast ish and took off wonky. It was my fault. And s hard ish hit. 

So im not particularly bothered. However it's the type of hit I could imagine doing fairly often when bashing. ( not on purpose but when getting it a bit wrong) 

ill post up pics when I get home. 

• Like 1