• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

It will be my first winter with xmaxx - any suggestions? How is it on the snow? Is there a temperature you wouldn't recommend running it in? Is there some preps i should do before i run it in snow/negative temperatures?  I think bashing is out of the question, but would still like to run it in some field.  

9 hours ago, martin34 said:

Ordered and should be here today 👍

Awesome! Welcome to the ultimate surface RC basher group. Just make sure the wheels are tight before your first outing. Mine were a bit loose out of the box. One thing to note is don't throw on the 46T spur for off road runs. I tried and both the pinion and spur gear broke. A 50T spur is fine with the stock 18T pinion for off road.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Awesome! Welcome to the ultimate surface RC basher group. Just make sure the wheels are tight before your first outing. Mine were a bit loose out of the box. One thing to note is don't throw on the 46T spur for off road runs. I tried and both the pinion and spur gear broke. A 50T spur is fine with the stock 18T pinion for off road.

Thanks for the tips👍.It's here but put away until Christmas.I already have the roof skid,chassis skin,3d printed red wheelie bar wheels and front and rear bumper supports and ordered the m2c hex widening kit this morning.I don't like the traxxas wide kit as it looks to wide in my opinion.

4 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

100% agree with you on this

• Like 1

11 hours ago, martin34 said:

Thanks for the tips👍.It's here but put away until Christmas.I already have the roof skid,chassis skin,3d printed red wheelie bar wheels and front and rear bumper supports and ordered the m2c hex widening kit this morning.I don't like the traxxas wide kit as it looks to wide in my opinion.

I'd try the truck out before throwing on a wide kit. Unless you're driving solely on tarmac, the truck doesn't traction roll very easy and even on road it's kind of hard to do. Only once you tighten the servo saver almost fully and upgrade the servo will traction rolling be more of an issue. You're much more likely to have it flip end over end from a hard brake. If you ever plan on running it in the evening grab the light kit. The rear lights are supposed to be mounted to the body shell but that kind of defeats the ease of one handed removal/installation. I just zip tied mine under the rear bumper.

P_20221007_215823.jpg

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE
  • Like 1

Is 50/18 the stock gearing?The wide hexes was a bit of an inpolse buy but I won't be putting it straight on.I will probably get a set of outcast 8s tyres for it in the future and will more than likely fit the wide kit then.

1 hour ago, martin34 said:

Is 50/18 the stock gearing?The wide hexes was a bit of an inpolse buy but I won't be putting it straight on.I will probably get a set of outcast 8s tyres for it in the future and will more than likely fit the wide kit then.

Get a Kraton 8s as well. Problem solved 😁

17 hours ago, martin34 said:

Isnt the M2C Widekit the same width as the Wide X?

I personally run 21/46 with a Max 6 ESC. GDS spur and Pinion. 

I appreciate that you probably dont want to change the ESC on a £1000 truck, but Id suggest you buy a Max 6 (£130) and sell your brand new VXL 8S ESC (£70-80). They just unlock so much more performance and reliability over the stock ESC. ESC, Gearing and maybe the servo are all these need. Dont get hyped into spending too much

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Isnt the M2C Widekit the same width as the Wide X?

I personally run 21/46 with a Max 6 ESC. GDS spur and Pinion. 

I appreciate that you probably dont want to change the ESC on a £1000 truck, but Id suggest you buy a Max 6 (£130) and sell your brand new VXL 8S ESC (£70-80). They just unlock so much more performance and reliability over the stock ESC. ESC, Gearing and maybe the servo are all these need. Dont get hyped into spending too much

Thanks.The m2c hexes are 15mm each side but the wide maxx kit is nearly double that.

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

personally run 21/46 with a Max 6 ESC. GDS spur and Pinion.

What kind of pinion/spur gears are you running? Mine got chewed up when I threw on the 46T spur with the stock 18T pinion

38 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

What kind of pinion/spur gears are you running? Mine got chewed up when I threw on the 46T spur with the stock 18T pinion

GDS Spur and Pinion.

Get rid of the pins and set the mesh yourself. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384722724055?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=rczxaVjQSo-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=t4BQ8_QoRBC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

What motor mount system do you use to get rid of the pin system?and what make of pinion do you use with the gds spur?

Edited by martin34

44 minutes ago, martin34 said:

What motor mount system do you use to get rid of the pin system?and what make of pinion do you use with the gds spur?

You dont need a new motor mount, use the stock one but just dont use the pins and do it by eye. 

I run a GDS hardened pinion, but a RW or a Tekno would be fine

• Like 1

11 hours ago, martin34 said:

I will probably get a set of outcast 8s tyres for it in the future

Is there a reason you'd want to change the stock tires? Other than the tread design and being 8mm thinner (4" vs 3.7") they're basically the same.

12 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Is there a reason you'd want to change the stock tires? Other than the tread design and being 8mm thinner (4" vs 3.7") they're basically the same.

I have read that the stocks don't last long so if I need to replace them I will go for the outcast 8s ones.They are only slightly heavier than stock and when I used to own an outcast I really liked the tyres .

15 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Stock tyres can rip quite easily, but I wouldnt suggest you change them until they do. 

Also, tape up the water holes before you use it. I think all it takes is a little water, they come unbalanced and go pop

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Stock tyres can rip quite easily

You mean they come off the rims. That's quite a bit different from ripping. It's easy enough to reglue them back on 

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE

35 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

You mean they come off the rims. That's quite a bit different from ripping. It's easy enough to reglue them back on 

No as in tearing holes in the tyre rendering them useless lol

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ah. I've only had them come unglued from the rims. Actually impressed they haven't ripped considering how much they balloon. I ended up buying the Sledgehammer tires because they're bigger and when I had them on my Maxx V2 they performed extremely well.

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE
  • Like 1