• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

55 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

I was about to put a outcast in my basket for my Santa treat, now I'm confused! :mellow: (again)

I wouldn't be.  Traxxas and new esc does not with confidence fill one.  

Good news for existing owners who can now drop a load of $$$ (in hopefully) making there 6S MT reliable.

• Like 2

Wont be long before the lovers love it the haters can't find much to moan about and those that wanted it but never bought it are back for round 2 ..

Roll on February I say can't wait to get these new parts in but I bet there be a bugger to get hold of on first release !

1 hour ago, Ocdcbr said:

now i no longer feel the need to buy an Arrma outcast!....i'm getting these 8s upgrades for sure!:censored:

You going the kit route or waiting it out for indervidual parts to become available ! 

11 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

You going the kit route or waiting it out for indervidual parts to become available ! 

Don't know yet. I'm getting on to logic ASAP to find out what the uk deal will b esc trade in and price wise. 

Im in no hurry though. Not at this time of year. 

Just now, Ocdcbr said:

Don't know yet. I'm getting on to logic ASAP to find out what the uk deal will b esc trade in and price wise. 

Im in no hurry though. Not at this time of year. 

Didnt you sell your esc then ? 

I was thinking of going to Tower for the parts but with the pound the way it is that's not looking like it will pay off any :(  Keep us in the loop about Logic and if you can get a bulk deal on the go I'd be up for it ;) 

A few thoughts for the day:

I always said it needed a centre diff, now Hallelujah!!  It's here. Doubt you'll get one cheap even waiting for Jennys to 'break' one - reckon it'll be a Tower order somewhere down the line.

I also reckon the centre diff WILL fit in the existing bulkhead, but with the current bearings. You can complete 'the upgrade' inclusive of bulkhead if/as/when the bearings fail.

Are the new driveshafts any different? Don't look it and certainly don't look better than the pretty decent looking Chinese upgrades currently available - I'm thinking the PINS are thicker, hence which the cups are shown as well?

Has the drive cup material been changed? - Many higher power installations are indicating the slots being seriously fatigued!!

I REALLY LIKE these upgrades ....

I notice the T-Bum batteries are 25-50 C but at 6700 mAh capacity the batteries SHOULD have the power needs covered.

Al.

Awesome! I did expect this sooner mind!

can anyone comfirm you can buy the parts seperately? I want the diffs and the wheeley bar. Ive got the ESC and dont want a centre diff

ill order those D Hawk Shock shafts too. Got a whole new boost for the X!

Bulkheads?

I think this relates to the bearings - slightly bigger - won't fit in current bulkheads.

Cush drive - got me as well - I'm 'watching this space'!

I WANT the centre diff - make it a much more tune-able truck - and keep it steady whilst unleashing the power.

Wheelie bar is the right idea but looking at the way it flexes and bends, don't see it lasting that long in full on bashing!!

Al.

Taken from the XO-1 page

Shock-Absorbing Cush Drive™

Cush-Drive-Assembly_d.jpg

Developed specifically for the XO-1, the Cush Drive™ absorbs drivetrain shocks with a custom-shaped elastomer damper housed between the spur gear and the drive hub. Under extreme load (such as hard, high-traction acceleration), the elastomer flexes to dissipate shock without interrupting power flow. The result is instant acceleration with no wasted power.

• Like 1

Itsll be £299 with no core charge anyway here. If im honest I dont see he point buying the whole kit as most have a Max5/6 anyway. That said. Depending on prices may be worth buying the kit for $299 from tower, seeing if you can use a code and sell the new 8S esc?

be interested to see individual part numbers. I want the gears/diffs and wheely bar. Im happy with the stock shafts, centre diffs have no right been near an MT and cush drive just seems like a slipper replacement? We just need to find out if we can use the new diff gears with existing Bulkheads, or is it just the centre diff that needs them. 

Id get the fan too. Not happy with how the castle fits

Edited by Guns

44 minutes ago, Guns said:

Itsll be £299 with no core charge anyway here. If im honest I dont see he point buying the whole kit as most have a Max5/6 anyway. That said. Depending on prices may be worth buying the kit for $299 from tower, seeing if you can use a code and sell the new 8S esc?

be interested to see individual part numbers. I want the gears/diffs and wheely bar. Im happy with the stock shafts, centre diffs have no right been near an MT and cush drive just seems like a slipper replacement? We just need to find out if we can use the new diff gears with existing Bulkheads, or is it just the centre diff that needs them. 

Id get the fan too. Not happy with how the castle fits

You need to go back and reread it fella I got sucked into this thinking last night it's $299 for the kit plus an extra $175 deposit on the esc which is refunded once you return your old esc so total outlay is $474 to start with know If like a few of us you sold on that old esc the kit will cost you $474 !! As you can't get back the $175 deposit. 

Edited by mydoddy69

My thinking is this I'm happy on 6s and these new gears I bought might work out fine so do I really need these parts now ? 

So if the new gears im running are a bust I'll look then to get the gears only to start with and the wheelie bar, then later down the line I'll try the centre diff and crush drive out but by that time others will have given it a good going over so I'll know wether it's worth that investment.. the driveshafts well I'm happy with mine so why waste cash on them ! 

Now here is some food for thought ! 

Running the x Maxx on 6s and beating it hard it breaks not just it's drive train but shocks, arms, hubs etc the main gripe being the diffs so now they want you to push it to 8s with these parts staying stock ? I personally think if you push it to 8s it's going to break even more so these new parts are aimed more toward making the drivetrain handle 6s bashing and not 8s unless it's on a nice flat surface ! 

Whatever happens its just made the X Maxx a whole lot more appealing 

Now then my eagle eyes have been gazing hard at these pics look at the new rear bulkhead !! 

Notice anything different ? 

No look again the holes for the pins are different one side has 4 the other 5 so this new system will have a Whole new gearing to what we have now ! Even states the ring and pinion are different in the spill on the Traxxas site but I may have misread that ? 

Oh and look at the motor can pic it now states 1275kv not 1600kv so it's had a motor change by the looks so if you want to run 8s you may need that aswell !! 

Edited by mydoddy69

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

You need to go back and reread it fella I got sucked into this thinking last night it's $299 for the kit plus an extra $175 deposit on the esc which is refunded once you return your old esc so total outlay is $474 to start with know If like a few of us you sold on that old esc the kit will cost you $474 !! As you can't get back the $175 deposit. 

I read and understood it as that. then completely forgot when posting haha. So $299 for the upgrades bAr the esc maybe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guns said:

I read and understood it as that. then completely forgot when posting haha. So $299 for the upgrades bAr the esc maybe

I hope so but that's not what they are saying they want the old esc back for some reason or other which seems very odd don't you think ? 

If you do the maths and can get a fair price for your old one there's not much in it from buying a whole new truck to getting the kit fella .. 

Edited by mydoddy69

I bet you wont even be able to do the power up option in uK. I dont think you can do the power up like the 2.5 to 3,3 nitro engine for example in the UK can you? The order form is always in American lol. 

Technically I only need the wheely bar anyway. Diffs are fine here haha

Also it says a 15t pinion? Isnt that stock? Or do the new diffs give a different final output ratio? Or is it for the CD?

Yep I have a sneaky feeling the whole ratio has changed a bit like what dazp1976 stated a while ago similar to what HPI did on the savage .. It would answer a lot of question if that's the case like why only 50mph why the new mounting pins and is it a new motor etc 

Traxxas need to make some sort of statement to answer a lot of question here but will all know there not excactly fast at coming forward with needed info lol  

Genuinely excited for more news about this. Back home from work now and re read what McDoddy said. Totally agree it seems there's a lot more going on that meets the eye. Similar to HPI changing to the 9/29 BP Flux diffs. Just hope they do an esc less conversion?

also.... recommended me some 4s packs that fit haha

Edited by Guns

Just brought my Maxx down from the loft and blew the dust off it - haven't had it out for about a month and a half! Thought i'd check out the forum after a while too to check for updates - looks like I came back at the right time! 

I'd only really be interested in the rings and pinions (if they really are any stronger that is) even though i've had not diff issues so far, i do fear I'm on borrowed time. I haven't checked my ring since I bought the X - scared to see what I may find! :lol:

Chain drive motorbikes have Cush drives in the rear hub. Softens the direct chain drive I guess. 

I never sold my esc no. But as u say uk may well not get this power up deal anyhow. I'm interested to see this all pan out but in no hurry whatsoever. It's unlikely any of my rc collection will get much runtime over the next cpl months or so. 

The idea is a larger surface area / contact area.

Smoother - yes.

More torque before failure - theoretically - yes.

In 1:1 gearboxes, the go the opposite way - stock / road is helical and race are straight cut.

The idea here is to permit faster changing.

Shouldn't affect us but highlights that tooth engagement is critical.

Al.

• Like 1