• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

54 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

I'm surprised I'm saying this.... But I'm actually considering selling mine. 

TBH with the diffs the way they are I can't say I blame you it's a fun truck and all but when it keeps giving out on you it gets tiresome real quick ..

If you sell would you go back to a 1/8th scale basher or just stick to the 1/5th scales ? 

i wanted to sell mine because of the wheels.  as they can go at any time  and having to remove the tire is a pain.  also the fact that traxxas is happy to replace the wheels if your in the USA  leaves a sour taste.  lol

21 minutes ago, turok007 said:

i wanted to sell mine because of the wheels.  as they can go at any time  and having to remove the tire is a pain.  also the fact that traxxas is happy to replace the wheels if your in the USA  leaves a sour taste.  lol

Well.... As I hinted a long time ago, wheels were "sorted"..... I was told to keep quiet. Not my choice. 

Yeah.... Had enough of diffs going tbh. 

Mines totally in bits at the mo due to the full sand clean out and rebuild. So taking away the most fun part of the truck... Using it!... Makes it easier to consider selling. 

Ive got a old muggy coming that I'll likely e convert. Always fancied 1 and also got a Poseidon motor on its way too.... Got 1/5 scales keeping me busy at the mo anyhow. 

Might just shelve the x for a while and wait on diff ( kershaw) upgrades/ mods. 

29 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Well.... As I hinted a long time ago, wheels were "sorted"..... I was told to keep quiet. Not my choice. 

Yeah.... Had enough of diffs going tbh. 

Mines totally in bits at the mo due to the full sand clean out and rebuild. So taking away the most fun part of the truck... Using it!... Makes it easier to consider selling. 

Ive got a old muggy coming that I'll likely e convert. Always fancied 1 and also got a Poseidon motor on its way too.... Got 1/5 scales keeping me busy at the mo anyhow. 

Might just shelve the x for a while and wait on diff ( kershaw) upgrades/ mods. 

you might as well shelve the x for a while as used prices are not good.  mine is very close to having the electrics removed and the rest put in the loft.  i hope someone releases some good wheels and diffs in the near future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ripoffbritain said:

Rpm bumper and wheely mount looks good and stronger,at last.$24 for both parts bargain.!

RPM-X-Maxx-Wheelie-Bar-Bumper.jpg

Sadly where the lower mounts are is a bit of a weak spot, lots of owners including myself have had those bottom 2  bolts rip out of the plastic skid and as such adding more stress there will increase the chance I would have thought .. Even the TBR bumper / wheelie bar mounted there and that had the same issue it would rip those bolts out .. 

TBH it looks a bit like someone stole Ocdcbr's idea and just reworked it to me 

i suppose the wheels are supposed to flex inwards if you land on them  but stay in place just for a normal wheelie.   but time will tell. 

this saying springs to mind  LIPSTICK ON A PIG.

6 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Sadly where the lower mounts are is a bit of a weak spot, lots of owners including myself have had those bottom 2  bolts rip out of the plastic skid and as such adding more stress there will increase the chance I would have thought .. Even the TBR bumper / wheelie bar mounted there and that had the same issue it would rip those bolts out .. 

Must of been a good idea then ! 

think I might get it as its at least a lot more discrete than the tbone beast! Might help the rear bumper area stay in shape and stop squashing the body as it seems to deform over time?

considering the traxxas hd diffs, did u get them doddy after all? 

my X is down to its component parts at the min. Everything looks in good condition. 

Noticed some wear in the bulkheads where the metal arm pin retainers slot in, showed a vid of that ages ago and it does not seem to be any worse.

Both front and rear bumpers are intact but the supports running from the skid to the bumper itself are looking a bit bent from repeated heavy impacts. 

1 of the plastic steering links looks to have a slight bend in it at the ends where it tapers in. 

Ring gears r both chipped as I've said already....the internal gears look really good though. 

Outdrives are are showing some signs of wear but nothing major. 

Drive shafts have some slight bends... Nothing that would need attention though. 

Body is still together but it's getting worse at the rear end with every run. ( should have come with a wheelie bar surely!!?)

where r proline with xmaxx bodies!!???

looking forward to getting it back together, but really need a gears solution as I'm tired of buying the standard gears now...

:(

5 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Noticed some wear in the bulkheads where the metal arm pin retainers slot in, showed a vid of that ages ago and it does not seem to be any worse.

i remember the vid     does it look like the metal or plastic that has worn.

9 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I personally havnt had that problem but i suspect its during a wheely when the bumper hooks up a tears the screws out of the mounting,hopefully due to it being fixed top and bottom stronger will  help keep the bumber in position with the wheels heiping,

rpm stuff is generally pretty good and for the money i will defo give em a try

I bet  there will be bumpers out soon.

Nope not tried any other ring and pinions just yet as the Kershaws aren't ready and the Traxxas ones are out of stock. I'm still toying with the stock ones and so far I'm quite happy with they way they have come out ;) 

• Like 1

On 30/09/2016 at 20:38, atom3624 said:

LOADS!!

That's why the 'blanks' (no tyres) aren't on there!

The splines catch on the knuckles.

It'll be fairly hard work but nothing a good afternoon with a Dremel can't sort out.

Unfortunately can't do it for a while - off on my travels again for 2 weeks - reckon I'll have them mounted within a month.

Possibly a good move - stop me doing anything hasty!

Need to find a good price on tyres now.

Anyone fancy a pair of MTXL inserts - going cheap?

Al.

Looks like someones beat you too it 

C233BDBA-75D8-4F3F-AB5C-0681AC6B5E1C_zps

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Good job!!

Those skid plates DO NOT suit it at all!!

Might be practical, but look terrible.

Any idea how he's mounted them?

Al.

Agreed there as ugly as sin lol

The only info I got was the front got a slight trim the rear bolted on so not much in the way of help lol 

Trust me, the trim isn't 'slight'!!

I'm spending money on alloy and everything, so I've no intention to 'go hard'.

This guys 'got the skids' to take heavy bashes, so I was wondering how he's holding the wheels on.

They're really that much thicker, obviously than 'normal 1/5' wheels that the RC Monster nuts only go half on.

I was put off by the Mad Max ones, but had it pointed out that perhaps there isn't thread to the end - would have been ideal - but the collar part is substantially thicker.

As I write, I should have both now - I'm in the middle of South Africa so have a few bits coming in whilst I'm away.

Blasted Brexit and the exchange rate are doing me no favours on the purchase of foreign-origin items, but I doubt the tyres will be going down in price anytime soon!

Cameron's a lot to answer for .... OK, let's not go there!

Al.

my x is going to have the electrics removed tomorrow and the rest will be chucked in the loft until parts start being made for it.  i was going to keep it out just in case we get some snow   but i remember the horror stories of running a X in the cold.  lol

Edited by turok007

4 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

Well about 85 packs and I started to get a clicking sound but bashed though the pack.

Upon inspection my rear diff ring lost a small bit of it teeth and my input get is a lot worse :(

IMG_4411_zpsywfcfahb.jpg

it looks like they have worn away over a long period   was the diff case full of filings or bit bits of metal.