• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

1 hour ago, Deafty said:

yeah there will be a limit, should be thicker than anything worth considering using though, if not then alu caps.

Personally I adjust pistons for landings.  Oil for cornering , acceleration and braking characteristics (speed of weight transfer)  and springs for bumps.  That being said the lack of suspension adjustment in stock form kinda lends itself to springs being key here. 

So are there spring options? and or what else fits?

cheers :)

Yes fella Traxxas have a few different spring rates you can choose from now and hot racing have some as well I think . 

• Like 1

'Tis true.

There's no saying when the breakages started.

General RC 'common sense' says that after each big tumble you give it a good once over - no saying of the outcome of these, if done.

Jumping over a house is not something I would think of doing once, but again ... and again ... and again ... 

His rig.

His call.

Simples!

Al.

10 hours ago, turok007 said:

so what broke it  the final jump not landing like the rest or just the amount of times it landed hard.

The hard landing. The first lot were "cheated" as it used the garage roof first to take some of the sting out on the rest.

If it cleared the roof first time it would've gone first time. + I bet it was well edited in places. :P

Edited by dazp1976

I now know why the diffs/rings are out of stock everywhere cos traxxas has been busy making pink bits for some of its vehicles,it all makes sense now

Even worse is none of them are for maxine,she"d look so nice with a hint of pink

i suppose you have to get your prioritarys right.:ssh::ssh::ssh::ssh:

Edited by Ripoffbritain

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Vids I here you say well this morning in the rain we hit the skate park this is a little teaser hopefully the GoPro got some better footage 

I ramp my slash,fiestorm and losi 8 but I wouldn't ramp anything this big ( it looks good fun though)

So the skate park bash ended with a few broken bits nothing unexpected to be honest 2 rear ring and pinions (both untreated) and a suspension holder broke sadly I didn't have a spare but there only £3 so no worriers .. 

Anyway i thought I'd show the difference between what a treated ring and pinion looks like to a non treated 

7BDAECFD-6D92-4A97-80B4-44C38C7EABA0_zps

The chewed up one isn't treated if you can't guess lol the ring above it is a new one as the old one was well and truly screwed and I needed a clean one to show the colour difference 

I have been really impressed with the front so  now I've done the rear lets hope it lasts as well as the front , so now I'm running a full set of treated diffs both front and rear ;) 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

So the skate park bash ended with a few broken bits nothing unexpected to be honest 2 rear ring and pinions (both untreated) and a suspension holder broke sadly I didn't have a spare but there only £3 so no worriers .. 

Anyway i thought I'd show the difference between what a treated ring and pinion looks like to a non treated 

7BDAECFD-6D92-4A97-80B4-44C38C7EABA0_zps

The chewed up one isn't treated if you can't guess lol the ring above it is a new one as the old one was well and truly screwed and I needed a clean one to show the colour difference 

I have been really impressed with the front so  now I've done the rear lets hope it lasts as well as the front , so now I'm running a full set of treated diffs both front and rear ;) 

I thought I heard a noise when I watched your video which sounded familiar,probably those landings

It would be ironic if the diff mod worked instead of the expensive alternatives,if it does you could start knocking them out,you would have baking trays full off diffs and pinions,I'd defo buy a set.

Received a couple of wheels today - from Germany.

Price was slightly competitive, then Ebay decided to offer me £15 as a bonus, so it was a no brainer.

Price can be negotiated - slightly!

X-20160930%20MTXL%20Wheels%20%20Ends_zps

Managed to remove the inserts - reckon the 'X' doesn't need them, and it'll give an occasionally partially compressed look of the real MT's - as expected it doesn't compress much but the tyres are very 'flexible'.

X-MTXL%20Wheel%2020160930-1_zpsvmbghj1g.

Looking as it always should have done!!

X-MTXL%20Wheel%2020160930-2_zpsq5g2d0md.

Nuts are not that tight this time. I've more work planned.

After discussion I'm going to try a set of Mad Max nuts - the collar should give more support.

Al.

24 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Received a couple of wheels today - from Germany.

Price was slightly competitive, then Ebay decided to offer me £15 as a bonus, so it was a no brainer.

Price can be negotiated - slightly!

X-20160930%20MTXL%20Wheels%20%20Ends_zps

Managed to remove the inserts - reckon the 'X' doesn't need them, and it'll give an occasionally partially compressed look of the real MT's - as expected it doesn't compress much but the tyres are very 'flexible'.

X-MTXL%20Wheel%2020160930-1_zpsvmbghj1g.

Looking as it always should have done!!

X-MTXL%20Wheel%2020160930-2_zpsq5g2d0md.

Nuts are not that tight this time. I've more work planned.

After discussion I'm going to try a set of Mad Max nuts - the collar should give more support.

Al.

Looking good fella :good:

Any clearance issues on the front ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mydoddy69 said:

Looking good fella :good:

Any clearance issues on the front ? 

LOADS!!

That's why the 'blanks' (no tyres) aren't on there!

The splines catch on the knuckles.

It'll be fairly hard work but nothing a good afternoon with a Dremel can't sort out.

Unfortunately can't do it for a while - off on my travels again for 2 weeks - reckon I'll have them mounted within a month.

Possibly a good move - stop me doing anything hasty!

Need to find a good price on tyres now.

Anyone fancy a pair of MTXL inserts - going cheap?

Al.

Nice vids guys! :thumbsup:... 

interesting to c that this heat treatment seems to be having positive results.... Any positive news is welcomed at this point!

got a few more mins to disassemble mine and the front diff also has a chipped ring gear. :(

so both front and rear are on their way out, in fact I'm surprised that they were not totally crackling away at the end of the last beach bash. 

Your X is looking awesome atom! Hope it holds together for u mate. 

Id is better get some more gears ordered!... That's 3 fronts and 2 rears now for me in 30 ish runs. Not good. 

Edited by Ocdcbr