• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC4WD fan's G2 D90 pickup/trail truck

RC4WD fan

I said that to didn't work out though :lol: I've picked the colour I want to do I want to do it in the LAND ROVER G4 colour scheme I know the name of the colour and paint code Tangiers orange LRC761 what do people use that's the closest to it as I don't want to pay £20+ for some 

You'll just have to accept the fact that quality paint and enough of it will cost you a few quid.

More layers and thinner coats is much better for ABS shells, they're not quite like painting a lexan shell.

I use Halfords paints as I know a lot of others do and they're very good quality paints, stick very well and don't cost much compared to some lesser quality paints.

No, didn't clear coat it, personally like the natural weathered look when used. There is more than enough shine just from the paint.

as oho has said, heard many good things about halfords paint and in fact painted a d90 for a lad on here with it and had great results.

all down to preference really, I try to use Tamiya paint as much as possible as I use the little brush on pots for detailing too so I know the there not going to react, this can happen with certain brands of paint swapping......

On 13 February 2016 at 7:45 AM, big gaz said:

No, didn't clear coat it, personally like the natural weathered look when used. There is more than enough shine just from the paint.

as oho has said, heard many good things about halfords paint and in fact painted a d90 for a lad on here with it and had great results.

all down to preference really, I try to use Tamiya paint as much as possible as I use the little brush on pots for detailing too so I know the there not going to react, this can happen with certain brands of paint swapping......

ok mate if I do use Tamiya paint did you put any primer on or did you just spray straight on the body ?

Rubbed it with the softest scotch pad and a couple of light coats then should be good for a bit thicker coat.....

i would love love a set of those but refuse to pay more for these than a set of modulars for my real disco......

17 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Rubbed it with the softest scotch pad and a couple of light coats then should be good for a bit thicker coat.....

i would love love a set of those but refuse to pay more for these than a set of modulars for my real disco......

cheers mate I didn't pay the price of a new set I'm not that stupid :lol: 

Edited by RC4WD fan

had a bit of a crises over the last couple of days no thanks to the 1:1 car :banghead: was so close to selling the G2 but thanks to the B.O.M.A.D it's all sorted now so the build can continue :D I did have to sell my Landy wheels tho :crying:

little update fitted a rc4wd adjustable panhard bar E3445B4F-D1D0-47B5-A3D2-6A84B8D8A4CD_zps as the left front wheel sticked out before E864EC56-9B6F-4B3E-BBE1-9D838D14F4F8_zps and after 9286737A-C6D8-4D0C-B50A-D1917821DBB9_zps both sides sit equal now :) still waiting for my tower hobbies order :( 

• 3 weeks later...

bit of an update had my cage built  :-) thanks to big gaz thanks again mate :good:  176E35C6-FBDA-441C-813B-5CC35C86464B_zps 77DE5014-28D5-4A2D-A78B-4BFA296E830E_zps 9B12008A-5199-4886-A51B-FA7F8716BE57_zps cut the 2 back bars off to make room for some bits I'm putting on also my new tyres arrived 7117B527-5CD5-4B25-AFB5-57252F4C5CF7_zps and made a sump guard from some diamond plate 387D8388-4298-4649-A741-511B491FDF3D_zps

Edited by RC4WD fan

got a little bit more done trimmed the wheel arches no tyre rub anymore :)  EDC76E16-C682-4D0E-882E-E4EDCCBE025D_zps made the side exhaust 469E7FD6-E378-4650-B787-CB86DBBD71F3_zps cut the grill out 2DC19CF8-4DC6-4120-9F82-5F9C9E5FB2B5_zps and cut out the wheel wells what a right pain in the rear end they where to cut it's so thin :doh:  DE82D932-49F6-40E3-9251-64B62EF5C003_zps

• Like 1

On 18 March 2016 at 12:01, big gaz said:

Your really not helping my car fund mate......

looking spot on so far :good:

cheers mate 

will I'm still deciding what colour to do I've been looking at some scale items on the web and decided to have a crack at making some first I made a set of sand ladders still got to put some holes on the bottom or put some checker plate on instead  :hmmm: 69F625E0-4AA2-4DC2-A5FB-31C6ED94657A_zps also had a go at making a radiator 05FB8B4A-9343-4693-A5B9-23F1C5B65CCE_zps ok it's not perfect and needs a bit of tidying up and painting but for cutting up a load of small cable ties to imitate the vents it turned out ok I think  :-) and it will be fitted to the chassis like so B6A20D66-FD8B-434B-95B5-FE32CE635FBA_zps

it dose/will look good after painting hopefully it dose pay to sit looking through YouTube for an hour or so a night :)  and finally got the paint it's going to be racing green white roof black arches

7 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Good choice on the colours, I'm still in 2 minds about what colour I want to do the Dually.. 

It's the worst part for me took over a month to decide :doh: so I don't envy you on that part but do with the Dually ;) 

• Like 1