• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

IconicRc Revival 2016!!!

Peakey29

revival-2016-logo_zpsr33dan8v.jpg

The Iconic RC and A1 Racing Club Revival 2016 is a vintage racing festival for charity and will take place across the weekend of Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st of July at A1 Racing Club in Grantham, South Lincolnshire.

Classes

2WD Electric 1:10 Buggies

•    1970 to 1983
•    1984 to 1988
•    1989 to 1993
•    1994 to 1998

4WD Electric 1:10 Buggies

•    1984 to 1988
•    1989 to 1993
•    1994 to 1998

Support Classes

•    Wheelie
•    Monster Truck
•    Rally
•    Endurance

Entry fees

Proceeds from the event’s entry fees will go to Parkinson’s UK along with the takings from a number of fundraising initiatives.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1690242104527056/

A document detailing everything you need to know will be released in the next couple of days. :thumbsup:

Only what I'll add here and on oople really, it's just run by one guy and he's not got the time to put into a website as such I think.

Plus I was like you guys too but I've now ive gone to the dark side of Facebook and can say I wouldn't have half the goodies I have now if not lol wether that's a good thing or not I don't know ?

8 minutes ago, DeSelby said:

as going to try and do my best to make this event depending on dates. Unfortunately this coincides with Ride London which I will be taking part in. Be interested in any other vintage RC meets?

If you check out there FB page an on oople there is some other meets during the year. There is the iconic cup being organised which will be held on 2 dates one at west London and one at Broxtowe, this is an on road event ala te old Tamiya euro cup so is a Tamiya only event. 

They did use to hold a meet up there but had some sort of issue with the park or something so there all held at tracks around the country. 

Everyone's welcome Gaz 

Yeah rc are fine there in the park until barriers and tracks are in place, that's when it's deemed as a "event" and against the parks rules.

i would ask on there before inviting us all over mate.....

On 15 January 2016 at 8:29 PM, Thedrum2010 said:

Grinds my gears too.

I have always refused to be a part of this global personal information gathering conspiracy which is commonly known as Facebook. 

I'd rather try to remove my eyes with pooh stained fingers than join face ache, who cares if someone you didn't want to keep contact with years ago want to be your "friend".

i didn't want owt to do with you then and certainly don't now, jog on! Lmao.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rover Man said:

Nowt wrong with Facebook. You use it how you want, Its a great source of info. :good:

Also a great source of rare parts and cars 

Edited by Peakey29

10 hours ago, big gaz said:

I'd rather try to remove my eyes with pooh stained fingers than join face ache, who cares if someone you didn't want to keep contact with years ago want to be your "friend".

i didn't want owt to do with you then and certainly don't now, jog on! Lmao.....

Fantastic remark and very sensibly put, great !

16 hours ago, Noj said:

Peakey, would you be able to keep this thread updated with relevant info about the event for MSUK members not on FB or oople?

Noj yea I will keep it up to date as much as I can and will try and answer any questions the best I can. 

On 16 January 2016 at 9:37 PM, big gaz said:

Yeah rc are fine there in the park until barriers and tracks are in place, that's when it's deemed as a "event" and against the parks rules.

i would ask on there before inviting us all over mate.....

Like I said before Gaz and John has said to me everyone is welcome to come and race, the weekend is about fun and raising money for charity. (But what it's really about is thrashing all those old cars around a track again like BITD) 

Edited by Peakey29
  • Like 1

Revival 2016. All of the event information in 1 document: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05hgpnxfdh...02016.pdf?dl=0

thumbup.gif

there is camping space but I think it's limited, if you check out A1 racing's site there should be more info on the venue.

I missed last year's event due to work commitments, but I attended the year before, and it was excellent. I am not part of the Iconic Facebook "conspiracy", but I was made to feel quite welcome anyway, and the event was well-organised with close, competitive racing that nonetheless managed to also include a measure of respect for the age and status of the vintage vehicles involved, with collisions few and far between. (Except for the wheelie race! :) ) I left the event at the end of the day with both my race vehicles intact, and a trophy too!

I can heartily recommend the event to anyone who may be thinking of attending. 

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 1

A friend of mine told me about this and I'm really hoping I can take part. I've not been active with my rc stuff for about 3 years, as I sold a lot of my favourite models to try my hand at indoor touring car racing, and the deadly-serious atmosphere really sucked the life out of it for me. But something like this sounds right up my street. Whether I can bring myself to race my beloved TA02SW Porsche shelf-queen is another matter, I may need to have re-shuffle in the collection... I just hope can get something together in time to enter!

• 3 weeks later...