• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone made a 1/5th scale monster truck?

rcer55

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has ever built a 5th scale monster truck. I have an XL Savage Flux which is great. But i like a change. Thanks for any suggestions.

I only want brushless and waterproof. The petrol ones are too noisy and require quite a bit more maintenance. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Lucas2504 said:

I have to say as much as that is 5th scale it looks fairly small for one. A Cen gst is pretty much the same size

Take a look at it, it says 1/8 scale but its much larger than any other 1/8 scale, http://www.cenracing.com/cars/gst/gst-e.html

It looks good. Anyone heard anything about their durability and parts availability

2 minutes ago, turok007 said:

you could get a 1/8th big truck then add wheel wideners & make the chassis longer

You could but it might look kinda odd unless you found some way to extend the suspension arms or mount a larger body.

3 minutes ago, Lucas2504 said:

You could but it might look kinda odd unless you found some way to extend the suspension arms or mount a larger body.

the TT mt4 with wheel wideners and a longer chassis would be ok for a losi5 shell   even the traxxas revo is a good start for a conversion.

Well, I thought that too, seeing as the question asked kinda directly pointed toward the Blackout (why reinvent the wheel, etc etc), however, as it is a gasser, the power source doth not his needs suit.

3 minutes ago, Noj said:

Well, I thought that too, seeing as the question asked kinda directly pointed toward the Blackout (why reinvent the wheel, etc etc), however, as it is a gasser, the power source doth not his needs suit.

In stock form though the Blackout isn't exactly that intrusive, some nitro's make more noise and the engine now is as reliable as any.

I wanted a petrol powered 5th scale truck...so I shortened ( a lot ) a KM Baja and converted it to use FG wheel squares. Bolt on a set of FG truck tyres and an FG monster shell and you are done. Easy job to convert a Baja driveline to brushless.

So if i had a Maverick Blackout MT  converted to brushless and waterproof, what parts would you use? 

Trying to keep the cost under £1200 total cost. Thanks.