• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

2015 KMaxx Magneto / Super Maxx Build Thread

sputnik

17 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

After the first 5 posts I knew you was American. We don't see builds like this from eu hobby guys lol. I remeber jts dropping jaws in the scale section. Usa is where the great rcs get built for sure. But it really helps that the designers and cheaper prices are over there. 

I would absolutely love an rc like this something truly special, but I doubt I could put it together with fine tuning of parts needed ect. What an amazing build of pure excellence. 

I don't think I would run such a build mayb roll it around by hand making truck sounds instead to keep it pristine. :)

I agree - we in the states are spoilt ... lots of access to PARTS / KITS etc.  Helps having a large population as a market.  To rub it in worse unintentionally - being in Southern California for RC is pretty amazing.  OFNA is literally down the street from where I live and Associated / Mugen / LOSI / Tamiya / HPI and a few others - national headquarters and warehouses are within a 15 minute drive - and thus the hobby shops have been pretty stocked in the past - but A-Main has killed all of that - and eBay.  Perhaps for the better ...

All that said - I have seen some builds from the UK that are just simply jaw dropping and awwwweee inspiring.  Stuff built from scratch out of like 17 different vehicles.  Like you said - some of the details of the scale builds from you guys are just freakin insane.  Im spoiled - I just see cool stuff - buy it - make it shiny and screw it together.  You guys over there get wicked creative and blow minds.  Throwing money at something and using a hex wrench is quite different - IMHO - than making amazing out of less.

Truth be told - I love this build but its pretty tame and mediocre compared to several of the guys over in the CentraleMaxx FB group and the UE Forums ... Kray Kray Builds - reeeediculous $$$ spent etc.  But damn ohhhh so nice.

This one is a runner - :-)  The other two in the first post ... one will be a shelf queen making motor boat noises on a countertop someday ....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...