• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HELP!!! dont want to waste my money on ebay please look at this

bigjohn

hi im looking for your knowledge on this, as some of you may know i nearly bought a hyper9e and was foolish to get it before asking on here!!!

well i have seen this and i need to know is it worth the money or would be wasting my hard earned cash

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Losi-8ight-2-0-1-8-Scale-Brushless-Off-Road-Buggy-Ready-to-Run-no-battery-/121838896952?hash=item1c5e2a0738:g:tUMAAOSwf-VWbFtB

please honest thoughts.... if i cant find anything 2nd hand im going to have go new

Well because for starters you can pick up an electric converted roller for about £125ish, depending on condition, then brand new electrics... You'd be able to almost build it yourself new for that kind of money and a lot less using all second hand gear.

Don't be tempted to cheap out on a crap brand just because you want to rush lol.

It's definitely worth waiting for a decent condition quality second hand buggy to turn up on the market, just wait and you'll get far more for your cash.

The last 8ight-E I sold had more upgrades than that, not that they really need it and had loads of spares, lots of wheels/tyres (about 15 complete sets in fact) with better electrics and I thinkn I got about £280 for it.

Just be patient and something will come along!

heya Big J . 

So let us forget the hyper9e thing and focus on this. what do YOU want as in fun. fast but not overly expensive, easy to upgrade and find parts but again not overly expensive,
and something brushless if possible. 

type : what do you like looks wise, we have monster trucks - buggys - trucks - trophy trucks - trick trucks - landrovers - unimogs , rally cars etc etc.
things like the traxass rustler and the slash truck are well known for being basher built, but they do come with that more expensive parts and price tag.

you like a truck but also the low lines of a buggy so something like the truggy is where you would look to. if your into your dirt racing and floaty jumps your more like to go with a shortcourse style truck, but its all down to you the driver and owner on what you like and require from the machine 

2 hours ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

heya Big J . 

So let us forget the hyper9e thing and focus on this. what do YOU want as in fun. fast but not overly expensive, easy to upgrade and find parts but again not overly expensive,
and something brushless if possible. 

type : what do you like looks wise, we have monster trucks - buggys - trucks - trophy trucks - trick trucks - landrovers - unimogs , rally cars etc etc.
things like the traxass rustler and the slash truck are well known for being basher built, but they do come with that more expensive parts and price tag.

you like a truck but also the low lines of a buggy so something like the truggy is where you would look to. if your into your dirt racing and floaty jumps your more like to go with a shortcourse style truck, but its all down to you the driver and owner on what you like and require from the machine 

buggy is what i want

1 hour ago, bigjohn said:

buggy is what i want

my boy MAY want to sale his hyper7tq...brushless converted.....all sweet....he`s a bed now so I will ask him in the morning for u......he`s lost interest in rc`s now.:yes:...its now females...his mates...and scooters..:yes:...he`s only 11.....:rolleyes:.....I replaced the chassis with a brand new one not long ago..and new rear chassis brace..and I look after my/our rc`s.....so u won't b buying a bag of crap...it`s 4s ready...thk its a 2300kv motor and a rebadged hobbywing thunder tiger esc from a eb4g3 buggy I had not long ago.......

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1