• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RB E ONE R

Matt888

12 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

That is a quality looking buggy for the money!!

i like it!

17 hours ago, Matt888 said:

Does it come as a bag of parts like a Tamiya kit? I'm so looking forward to getting it, building my Sand Scorcher was the best part of owning it.

Just a thought guys, but I can get the 2nd car discount (on the pro) as having got one already, so if anyone wanted one I'd be happy to split it with you.

5 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Think I'll buy one tomorrow!

so they handle 4s max? Or more?

If your going to buy one, as I've said in a previous post buy it directly from the PBM website, it is £100 with free postage rather than £119 from them on ebay.

Capri-boy said you get a discount on a second car but I bought two and paid £200 so I'm not too sure about that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt888 said:

If your going to buy one, as I've said in a previous post buy it directly from the PBM website, it is £100 with free postage rather than £119 from them on ebay.

Capri-boy said you get a discount on a second car but I bought two and paid £200 so I'm not too sure about that.

Def  2nd discount for me. Though with postage itd be no cheaper than getting 1 direct I wouldn't think.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, neil.b said:

I had a 1900kv motor in mine and with the stock gearing on 4s it was a little on the slow side. I think it needs a gearing up a bit or maybe a 2250kv motor to give it a bit more top speed.

6 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Cheers mate, & for power? 4s or more?

I wouldn't fancy 6s, due to the conical diffs. Id go 4s and 2300kv plus. I had planned on the castle 2650 in mine, still with a big pinion (due to low ratio diffs).

4 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Def  2nd discount for me. Though with postage itd be no cheaper than getting 1 direct I wouldn't think.

Postage is free on their website and on ebay, so it definitely works out better to buy direct but that may explain why I didn't get 2nd car discount.

Jim it has 2 battery trays for 2 2S batteries

Ahh ok, I've got loads of 2s packs so that's ideal, I'd go for a waterproof combo over anything else, I've actually had a bit of luck with turnigy gear, I know a lot of people knock it but I've had a few with no problems, I imagine a wp sc8 would be ideal though.

what size (physically) motor is needed?

2 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Hmmmm, I'm really tempted by one of these, but don't want to eat into my Kraken fund, you can guarantee if I do I'll miss out on the first pre-orders, if they are still about in few weeks I'm definitely picking one up 

Do it! 

Do it!

do it!

lets see one with the AJ treatment!

13 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Ahh ok, I've got loads of 2s packs so that's ideal, I'd go for a waterproof combo over anything else, I've actually had a bit of luck with turnigy gear, I know a lot of people knock it but I've had a few with no problems, I imagine a wp sc8 would be ideal though.

what size (physically) motor is needed?

From the pics I don't think much over a 4268 will fit, a 74 may squeeze in, though revs are what's needed rather than torque - even a 4268 should have plenty of torque spare.

19 minutes ago, Matt888 said:

Postage is free on their website and on ebay, so it definitely works out better to buy direct but that may explain why I didn't get 2nd car discount.

Jim it has 2 battery trays for 2 2S batteries

Poss, though I got mine early on when there disc was advertised.  £200 for two delivered is pretty good.

4 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Ok flame on but I'd give

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=41133

a try, like I say I've had a few now & they've been great value IMO.

That's what I was thinking of getting for the car, I've got the 120A with the 2100KV motor in my Basher Rally and it's been brilliant in their.

I might try it in the car before I sell the Basher to see how it performs

I'd go a 74 motor imo should fit with 2-3mm clearance.  I believe (could be wrong) that the motor clearance is the same as the serpent cobre.longer can should run cooler too :)

With a years worth of spares it seems fairly priced, so a cheap 1 season runner is appealing. 

I am the proud new owner of a rBONER must say the kit is very impressive.

Can't wait to get it assembled so I can get some pictures up.

20151231_100058.jpg

Edited by Matt888
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Deafty said:

Will you do a build thread (in this thread perhaps) for us?

Yeah will do, but having 2 kids one being 2yo I only get time to build when he's sleeping so it might take a while. 

I want to make sure that it's done right.