• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lels Baja! KM 002C

lel-95

can someone confirm that these KM's come with genuine walbro carbs now? Heard a little rumour but i don't know if its true, I've had a quick look at the carb and the only markings i can see are WT997.

Its also PAYDAYY so i may order some silverback beadlocks and other odds and ends :)

Had a short bash today, ran mint and broke nowt :D only lost a body pin off the cage. 

Chuffed with the 5t undertray too, I pulled out about 3 blades of grass compared to the handful I used to get. Rear tyres are a bit meh but it was soaking wet, I'll wait till they wear down and I may try something else. 

IMAG1680_zpsivtwbs1q.jpg

And cleaaaan 

IMAG1681_zpscr8fde81.jpg

Silverback beadlocks turned up, thank God I don't have to do these by hand :D I was demented just doing the rears when I belted them, horrible job!

IMAG1692_zpslv3jlpw3.jpg

Also done the cage mod which is a life saver, especially since fitting the windows made it more of a pain to work on.  

IMAG1686_zpsug8n0ydd.jpg

49 minutes ago, lel-95 said:

Ahh didn't realise it was to fit the standard filter, I thought all stacks were for other filters.

That'll be ideal then!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNC-Elevation-Air-filter-Base-for-1-5-BAJA-HPI-KM-ROVAN-5B-5T-5SC-engine/32385997352.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.283.6IcIdi&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_3,searchweb201644_4_9994_10001_10002_10005_10006_10003_10004_62,searchweb201560_1,searchweb1451318400_6150

Don't forget to select the silver one

Had a little catastrophe with the rear shocks. They felt a bit notchy so I stripped them down, cleaned them up and threw some green slime on the seals which made them all lovely again. Filled them back up with 35wt as that's all I had enough of, but oh no! 35wt is way too thick for the pin prick holes in the piston :( 

Looks like I'll have to drill a hole or two in the pistons tomorrow, I should have realised it would be no good when I emptied out the old oil which had the consistency of very weak gravy. 

They're dead smooth now though at least. I do want to try a softer spring up front though, the front end bounces off the ground when hitting a bump rather than absorbing it. 

Be reet, the puddles weren't that big :whistling:

Outerwares are next on the list seeing as everywhere is flooded and very messy, still need to whack some mesh on the block too which i forgot about. 

Hi mate you say that you're going to put some mesh on the block is that the Insulator Block you want to put the mesh on mate because if it is I wouldn't because if the mesh starts to fall apart and goes in your engine it will completely destroyed your engine.

Had a bit of a booboo today, went a bit quick off a skatepark ramp and went nose first onto tarmac. 

Killed both shock tower uprights, the upper bulkhead bit that the top brace bolts onto and the chassis/irc brace have a very very slight bend :( 

Rear tyre also exploded and spat a foam out within 5 mins of starting so not the best of days, I'm going to put the plastic breakages down to the cold as it was freezing, few others also had bits break easy. 

IMAG1760_zpsl8ovz8ls.jpg

IMAG1761_zpsikglpyny.jpg

Thinking of going for 5t wheels and tyres all round, preferably silverback 5imions with mx's. I think I prefer the look of skinny rear wheels on the Baja   

Edited by lel-95

You shoukd be able to straighten the chassis ans irc kick brace.

Ive straightened mine before now, I used a big adjustable spanner and it worked a treat..:)

29 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

I broke 3 front shock towers in as many weeks... do yourself a favour and just buy the King Motor alloy versions... I did and never had a problem since.

ordered, cheers :D

7 minutes ago, mark35 said:

You shoukd be able to straighten the chassis ans irc kick brace.

Ive straightened mine before now, I used a big adjustable spanner and it worked a treat..:)

Yeah i did the same with my last baja, does the job!

• Like 1