• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

tl-01 body mounts

bjsparks

hi guys,

been making a tl01 from spare parts, need a couple of parts to finish it , a set of rear body mounts and a the bit they fit onto if available,, also its a metal chassis, doesn't have the plastic tray (don't know if its different type of tl-01) but need like a horizontal battery mount..

any of these much appreciated..

thx bjsparks

Yep, definately not a tl01, more ta01/02.

personally I would buy a new tub chassis for it on ebay along with new body mounts, while your at it strip clean and regreased the front and rear gearboxes and fit bearings too if not already done, then you will have a fully sorted and decent chassis there mate.

ok,

yep u guys are right, ta-01... had a look online this is what I meant about battery holder... anyone seen this before or have one?

gaz,. yes started from scratch cleaned and greased diffs, bearings in, will prob lock out rear after saying that as going to be a drifter.. did u have any body mounts?, this cars for my kid so trying to keep cost down, the link sunny sent was good but had no mounts and already 13 quid.

cheers guys bj

Thats a quick release holder was part of hop up options range bit hard to find now. You can always cut two slots in chassis and use velcro strap like lipo people use

yes I haven't found a link for that part, but I could do with speeding up pit stop times :)

thx for the idea tho, will maybe try something like that, have some meccano spare lol,

what are the parts called that the body mounts attach too?

cheers guys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-50478-TA01-TA02-Skyline-Spare-Rear-Gear-Case-Set-NEW-/121698971995?hash=item1c55d2f15b:g:-FkAAOSwgQ9VnT3j

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-50541-4wd-Touring-Rally-Car-Front-Gear-Case-TA01-TA02-NIP-/252146310310?hash=item3ab5175ca6:g:z~MAAOxyTyBSV-dI

The first link is rear gearbox parts including the bits that yours is broken. The second link is front gearbox parts incase you want them to match or you could just dye them all black