• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Tamiya!

XV Pilot

• 2 weeks later...

A strange move - that can't have done the car's handling any favours. Maybe the previous owner was trying to use it as a crawler?

Looks easy enough to remove though. Perhaps put some thick AW grease in there instead? Mad Bulls do benefit from a slowed diff offroad IMO.

I'd like to pop up a few Tamiya I've had sat around, loved building them! 

Two Monster Beetles, a firm favourite ever since they were released in the 80's. My Lunchbox, Subaru Brat (still haven't finished off the red shell yet), and a HotShot (not even ran this properly yet). 

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_2608.JPG

• Like 3

Cheers matey! I've had the pink Beetle since the 80's, with a new shell which was nicely sprayed by the chap I bought it off. And bought the rerelease last yr, that's brushless with a 2080kv motor, fully ballraced and 2S. Goes well, the gearbox is lasting but that's only through careful driving of it. I'm ordering the MIP Ball Diff for it, at least then it can take more abuse.  My original MB has a brushed 13t etronix motor fitted, my daughter loves it.

The lunchbox was one I always wanted as a youngster, even leaving all the magazines open on the page back then and my folks still didn't get the hint for my birthday or Xmas haha.. so I finally bought one two years ago and with loving the box art so much I stuck to it.

The brat is another favourite from yesteryear, the red shell and white wheels are a great look. I like the fact it came with two shells, one for the shelf and the other for bashing around. This is also fully ballraced, now brushed, I did have a brushless motor fitted but it was just nuts. I opted to fit the longer legged gear setup inside too. 

The hotshot was something I was after when I first started racing as a teenager, but ended up with a second hand Schumacher ProCat (which I've still got today). Love the look of the HotShot, and I always remember how well my mates went when we were kids. I must venture out with them when I get the time and make a video :ph34r:

• Like 1

3s Madbull is going ahead, thanks to an ebay win on a vintage Fighter Buggy RX for a whole 16 quid. Have LB wheels in already, 4000kv wpsc8 combo, 19t pinny also in da house....

probably going to run the FB shell for the time being, until it falls apart from the lunacy. Pics will be forthcoming when it arrives next week:D

• Like 3

Nice finding bargains isn't it, I won a Kyosho Ultima ST nitro through eBay for a whopping ...... £7! Delivered.. engine been binned and it now has 3980kv brushless motor in place, and ongoing little project that seems to be taking a long time in between everything else!

• Like 1