• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MMR largescale - very disappointed

Carpmart

Why is it that some vendors/shops seem to put us the customer (who at the end of the day are the only reason these places remain open) right at the bottom of their list of priorities?  Others manage to do a great job, other industries do a great job, I can therefore only conclude that it is down to arrogance, ignorance and complete apathy.  It sure seems to be what has driven one particular company to behave how they do.

MMR, you are one of these companies.  Selling something then not supplying that item as described, with components missing and eight weeks later still not to have supplied everything you should have done, is simply not acceptable.  Ignoring emails and treating your customer with utter contempt, is not acceptable.  I will ensure that I never deal with you again.  You're too short sighted to realise that In the long run, you will loose out!

It seems that through discussion in the group I bash with, my view and experience is not an isolated incidence.  

Edited by Carpmart
  • Like 2

If it is MMR in Birmingham I am not surprised.

I bought a Losi 5ive off them that was supposed to be a click and collect from Argos,Argos refused to accept it (different story) but MMR did little to help me locate where it had ended up and when I was going to receive it.

Having spent £800+ they didn't seem that bothered by it and I had to chase them up to get any information and eventually a tracking number.

Lots of broken promises of phone calls and "it should be with you on such a day" later I asked for a refund.

Wouldn't go back no matter what and I would suggest that whilst some people obviously do get their stuff don't expect much help if you don't.

Edited by smeghead28

MMR in Birmingham.... shocking service and I echo all of the above! Can't do enough for you, or I should I say, can't bull**** you enough with empty promises or downright lies right up to the second they have your money....... then you become nothing more than a annoyance. The 2 Asian guys I dealt in the shop must own the worlds biggest book of excuses.

Just to reflect others, I try my best to not shop with them, although they do sometimes have quite hard to find parts in stock......

@OHO - you mean "they CLAIM" to have quite hard to find parts IN STOCK. Hoping you'll be dumb enough to part with your money then wait weeks while they try to source it cheap. These chumps really tick every box in how not to treat customers :banghead:

• Like 2

I've been MMR shop a couple of times only because I'm impatient and needed stuff that day , and both times the bloke was digging away in boxes looking for stuff then he says ill do deal on this and that and when you get home and check he never done a deal and you payed extra . FREE PRAWN no 1 choice for large-scale parts.

I've been MMR shop a couple of times only because I'm impatient and needed stuff that day , and both times the bloke was digging away in boxes looking for stuff then he says ill do deal on this and that and when you get home and check he never done a deal and you payed extra . FREE PRAWN no 1 choice for large-scale parts.

You're not the first person to say that.

Apparently one fella said on Facebook he was told he was getting a 10% discount because he'd bought a load of parts, I forget how much he spent exactly, it was a fair few hundred quid though and when he got home, his receipt had a 1% discount code applied lol.

You're not the first person to say that.

Apparently one fella said on Facebook he was told he was getting a 10% discount because he'd bought a load of parts, I forget how much he spent exactly, it was a fair few hundred quid though and when he got home, his receipt had a 1% discount code applied lol.

he must have done it before he had me convinced i was getting a bargain,  it just made me think I'm not letting him have my cash again so his loss