• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my yeti......

evssv

got a say it's very  clean n  tidy. ....hob wing wp8+3400kv tenshock. ..  so it could  run 4s  in theory. .....lol.. don't thk that's a good idea tbh ..I gave it a little  run outside me mates jus now all as should b...It's bigger then I thought it was gonna  b as well. .....gonna  get me bits fitted over the weekend hopefully. ...

Edited by evssv

I thought I'd try the  savvy xs hr  17mm  hexs  on the yeti. ..  . 20151116_213809_zpscgkilmgg.jpg

20151116_213745_zpsfdhudxie.jpg

20151116_213733_zps0xfk76py.jpg

no clearnce issues. .....

but the stock hexs  r not flat  I'd  need to change these  before  I ran it  as the 17mm ones r barley over the stockers...... 20151116_213614_zpszctxkeuz.jpg

20151116_213253_zpsfa3xatqm.jpg

Edited by evssv

Hopefully it will now get used :)

I unlocked the rear as I wanted to use it more as an off roader rather than crawling,having had a few cars with locked diffs before they do seem to reduce the turning circle quite a bit.

I wouldn't go 4S to be fair,I beleive the motor is in the 2S-3S range but it's up to you of course.

Dont know if the suspension has been changed but I put Axial stiffer springs on the rear and put the original rear springs on the front,the stock set up was way to plush for my liking.

ah. .I wondered y the front springs pushed up the threaded  bit up .. I wound em down and they seemed  very compressed. . ..nx  morning  they were  both at the top . .....lol...I got the purple  and another  color  coming  ...  Orange I think. .....I did go to refit the locker  but read on here  people  were having  issues  so left it as is. ....me boy loves  it. ..wants a swap  it for his savvy flux....The combo is 4s ready but  the stock drive  train  ain't gonna  take  that for sure. ... .     I haven't  tried  3s yet. .......These  wheels  should  better for 3s in imo. ..I got the ally motor mount  coming  now from Asia tees as I read  3s  can melt/ deform  the housing.    .

Edited by evssv

Bell crank all done. ...and streeing posts ect.... and the prolines. 20151120_173302_zpsuepiwafp.jpg

20151120_183050_zpst7ilwjda.jpg

Also squeezed  a power cap  in the tiny rx box  . 20151120_184713_zpsrfwovhfk.jpg

Can't fit the vanquish hubs  as I got no imperial bolts yet. ... so just the revo rear shaft mod to do for now until me other bits turn up 

20151120_185214_zpsmynlyvsx.jpg

• Like 1

nope....I seen it on a review vid I watched.....n thought..me mate got sum revo shafts......u gota drill through the end bits of the revo shafts... so they go over the yeti out puts but its a  5 min mod....I put the rubber shaft seal at the top out the way of gravel/rocks ect...it may need a shim or 2 possibly......did u want them big joes???

Edited by evssv