• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

6 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

Can someone sort this bloody forum out.

I have missed a few pages and it will not load up. :ack:   Iam missing some potential important posts which may influence my important decision whether to cancel or not. 

I will not be happy if the traxxas technicians just open up my box and pop in a fuse wire. 

MS need to tell us or get an answer of traxxas ASAP to whats gone on. 

you will get a nice piece of wire. also a email hinted at a firmware update.  But it has been talked about enough times.  So unless you have a original Xmaxx to test against the latest one you won't notice anything different.   apart from a £150 price rise for everyone else.

30 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Sorry fella I got to ask but do you work for or have shares at Traxxas ? 

You  seem to brush any defects aside but are happy to pick up on other models and makes tho 

A good truck shouldn't need its main components replaced to make it work as intended  surely ?  I'd happily replace a couple of wheel nuts over a exspensive esc !! 

I like to make my own desicions on RCs rather than what I read on the Internet. I've owned savages so I can comment on the weak points etc. If the xmaxx is crap I will most defiantly say so, until I've experienced it first hand I won't put down/moan about a model. 

I planned on replacing the esc anyway so this fuse/fire malarkey isn't bothering me.

42 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Personally i I wouldn't go running out at the minute rushing to buy one maybe in the future I might but not right now 

:rofl:

Yup get ya preorders in people time to panic buy a 50quid piece of wire :lol:

8 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

I am still on for it. But I really and I need to stress that , I want to know 100% what they have done. 

So you're cancelling then :P

1 minute ago, Deafty said:

:rofl:

Yup get ya preorders in people time to panic buy a 50quid piece of wire :lol:

So you're cancelling then :P

Probably not. I still love this truck, and the price of £650.00 was and still is an attractive price for me.

Just don't like be messed out and been kept in the dark. So at mo am still in. 

35 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

Why do people think there are different versions? There has been no evidence of any new parts (other than the fuse) I just thought we were talking crap just for sake of it! 

There is no new version

if I'm wrong please post some links

Firmware updates, fuse wires, who knows what else.

That's the point no one knows what has been changed and if it's for the better?

The truck I ordered back in November will be different to one that arrives next week.

That my friend is a different version.

Still want mine.

Edited by FatWheels
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

Firmware updates, fuse wires, who knows what else.

That's the point no one knows what has been changed and if it's for the better?

The truck I ordered back in November will be different to one that arrives next week.

That my friend is a different version.

Still want mine.

Has there been a firmware update? Or just a rumour? 

1 minute ago, sean-vrs said:

Has there been a firmware update? Or just a rumour? 

Am sure ms replied to one of my emails stating that they have done a firmware update. 

I posted it a few pages back. 

Just for clarification stupid comments or youtube vids will be removed. Also replies with just an "Emoticon" and no writing.

This is to cut down on some members spam fests ;) Im not saying you cant have a laugh or a joke but if you make 40 posts per day and 30 of them are just...........:P............ Then please have a think before your press the post button.

Thanks

Dave

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ady 2215 said:

So am guessing  myself and possibly one or two others are still interested in getting this x maxx. So 3 out of a possible 6/7 of us may be????

If the hpi octane v2 works I'm getting that, if it dosnt it will be a Xmaxx but not until later in the year

8 minutes ago, NG15 said:

I'm getting mine, I'll do a in depth, unbiased review thread and will bash it properly ?. It's already been paid for as have all my batts/charger and a few spur gears etc.

I was gonna do the same so maybe I should jump in on your thread... Or I could do my own I guess. Info will b coming either way from a few right

28 minutes ago, NG15 said:

Your bash vids are great mate wouldn't want to ruin your thread with my waff, I'm sure a couple of owners threads in the MT section will be fine ?

Yeah no doubt.... We could do an " official Xmaxx owners thread"

:popc1:

we'll c eh 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ady 2215 said:

Can someone sort this bloody forum out.

I have missed a few pages and it will not load up. :ack:   Iam missing some potential important posts which may influence my important decision whether to cancel or not. 

I will not be happy if the traxxas technicians just open up my box and pop in a fuse wire. 

MS need to tell us or get an answer of traxxas ASAP to whats gone on. 

If you get it and don't like it don't use it and send it back so don't panic 

if you want to go back a page or forward just select the page then refresh your browser it's been working for me lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

The hyper does look like fun... Seems tough too as long as the chassis has been braced.... Best mt basher tho... Hmmmmm......:huh:

Honestly beats the mt4 but the mt4 would win on being more versatile as it has the c/diff but the MTe IMO is much stronger and reliable ..