• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

59 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

So a 1717.... That's the stock motor size wise right? X01 size. Which in non castle talk is what? 

Ive got a 4092 leopard 1480kv. 

What at leopard for example would be compatible to a 1717? ;)

4082, 1600kv. I've got one in my Super 5sc Flux. Mind you, the 4082 is still a lot slimmer than the 1717, they're approximately 49mm including the fins. 

Edited by Tug

39 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

4074 is the same size as a 1515, 1717 is 5085

thanks... i asked the same on urc i think a while back but couldn't remember....:thumbsup:

so....i'm guessing the 4092 1480kv would be too small to bother trying in the xmaxx?

anyone seen a std style motor mount available for sale yet?

Edited by Ocdcbr

1 hour ago, Noj said:

A can that chucks a 5ive round a field has no place in an X....out drive cup and pin wear, plus a bent driveshaft is testament to that ;)

I googled "Savage 2028" and was suprised no one had done it that I could see. Ove obviously underestimated the 2028 lol

1 minute ago, Ady 2215 said:

So people, don't want to state the obvious, but it's Friday tomorrow.  Do we think we might get an email saying. 

"Out for delivery " 

Seen as the 2nd batch is due on Tuesday. 

Nope :crying:

Looks like the lucky 2nd batch people might get there's before we get our 1st pre order batch.  MS still saying 2nd Feb for 2nd batch with no mention of any delay. ( or early Feb ) either way still doesn't look good..

Some updates would be nice. 

4 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

Why?

If they have changed the firmware to stop the fires/ESC hitting thermal cutout to easy.  The only real way to do that is to cut top end power.   Big squid did say in the review that the ESC had strange power issues one time they would hit full throttle and feel the power all the way to the top end.  but other times top end didn't happen.  Also owners who have changed the ESC have noticed the truck goes faster after the change over.

• Like 1

Just now, turok007 said:

If they have changed the firmware to stop the fires/ESC hitting thermal cutout to easy.  The only real way to do that is to cut top end power.   Big squid did say in the review that the ESC had strange power issues one time they would hit full throttle and feel the power all the way to the top end.  but other times top end didn't happen.  Also owners who have changed the ESC have noticed the truck goes faster after the change over.

But it is what it is!  If people are still worried about the esc then don't buy it, and as you say some owners are dropping the mamba in and getting great results

Just now, sean-vrs said:

But it is what it is!  If people are still worried about the esc then don't buy it, and as you say some owners are dropping the mamba in and getting great results

if the ESC is fixed them im happy as i wanted to sell it anyway   but i didn't want to sell a item that might of went up in flames.   I couldn't really say in a SALE AD  brand new ESC but they are known to go pop lol