• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

2 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

Any doubts then I would bail out, my own Xmaxx purchase will be later this year in the meantime there will be some eBay bargains in the next few months

One week, that's it. If I do bail, I doubt I'll ever bother again. With something like this, I prefer new, then I know where I'm at. With used, you're running the risk of an abused dog. Sure, you can totally strip and start again, but that can be costly if it needs a shed load of parts. 

11 minutes ago, turok007 said:

on the traxxas forum someone said 1000 cars were in the container.

Typical shipping container is 8x8x40 feet look at the size of an X-Maxx box and do the maths.

I think 200 in a container was fairly accurate but I don't work in shipping !

Probably the same chap on the Traxxas forum who said Traxxas had sold 10000 units in the first two weeks 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Guns said:

Ive got £130 worth of charger on its way, and £200+ of batteries.....

I really dunno what to do now.... I dont really wanna fall into the upgrade trap Ive fell into with previous cars..... Yet im looking at new ESC's....

can you use the lipos + charger on something else.  On the upgrade side  the ESC might need changed.  and a few low cost items.

6 minutes ago, turok007 said:

can you use the lipos + charger on something else.  On the upgrade side  the ESC might need changed.  and a few low cost items.

IF I dont get an Xmaxx, Im not going to be intpo R/C at all.. It will all go..

12 minutes ago, Guns said:

IF I dont get an Xmaxx, Im not going to be intpo R/C at all.. It will all go..

Hard choice then.  the lipos should sell quick & what charger is it.   if you decide to sell

So what's everyone say here?

You all going to cancel? 

Well I for one are going to stand by my decision. Life is to short in my experience. If you want it, buy it.

(Oh and I am not made of money fyi )

Yes it's expensive, yes it may go wrong. But if you leave them alone, and not doing 60+mph,  l mean where in the manual does it stay or the option to do that especially from new.  

As the phrase goes.

"Traxxas will look after you"

Providing you do not gear up to stupid mph.

We only here bad stuff after all. 

11 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Hard choice then.  the lipos should sell quick & what charger is it.   if you decide to sell

Turnigy Reactor + Power Supply then I have various 3S Lipo's and 2 2S Lipos. Plus over £140 of EDS Tools too sell. Could get £300ish and then the £650 saving from the truck, thats close to a grand back in my sky rocket....

The silver lining is I got it cheap at £649 not £769, theyre may even be a demand, once the initial shipments gone. Could possibly sell it for £800 BNIB when it comes? I dont know,

I suppose I can get it, use it, and if it dont break/I dont have much time to use it, I can sell it on for minimal loss as the RRP has increased?

IF I hadnt ordered the new charger 3 days ago (just checked its shipped) Id have cancelled 100%.

Edited by Guns

3 minutes ago, Guns said:

Turnigy Reactor + Power Supply then I have various 3S Lipo's and 2 2S Lipos. Plus over £140 of EDS Tools too sell. Could get £300ish and then the £650 saving from the truck, thats close to a grand back in my sky rocket....

The silver lining is I got it cheap at £649 not £769, theyre may even be a demand, once the initial shipments gone. Could possibly sell it for £800 BNIB when it comes? I dont know,

I suppose I can get it, use it, and if it dont break/I dont have much time to use it, I can sell it on for minimal loss as the RRP has increased?

that would work as it has gone up in price  so a used one would still go for close to what you paid

4 minutes ago, turok007 said:

that would work as it has gone up in price  so a used one would still go for close to what you paid

Hopefully. Id expect  a lightly used one to go for £500ish, so a £150 loss wouldnt be the end of the world.

59 minutes ago, turok007 said:

even if people abuse the truck  the ESC should just shut down   And not just catch alight

In a ideal world

No make of esc has achieved this yet, trying to stop 150A peaking at 200 is not easy, just ask Tug and Noj they have owned them all and blown them all! 

1 hour ago, Ady 2215 said:

So what's everyone say here?

You all going to cancel? 

Well I for one are going to stand by my decision. Life is to short in my experience. If you want it, buy it.

(Oh and I am not made of money fyi )

Yes it's expensive, yes it may go wrong. But if you leave them alone, and not doing 60+mph,  l mean where in the manual does it stay or the option to do that especially from new.  

As the phrase goes.

"Traxxas will look after you"

Providing you do not gear up to stupid mph.

We only here bad stuff after all. 

I'm not cancelling my order...it looked great in that everyday rc bash vid!... i still think in the flesh its gonna b very very cool...there will issues to iron out as usual tho

• Like 1

Hmmmm. 

I am thinking I am going to wait and see. It's quite a chunk of money. I think maybe I will hold out for the 3rd party parts support to kick in and see what happens then. For now, E-Maxx build and sort out my Slash...maybe spend some money on my 1:1 toy :D 

P.S. Love the cupcake. 

That LST2 sounded like it was stuck in 1st gear.

They were tested on several occasions with standard engine and gearing at 38 - 40 mph.

'X' certainly looked fast enough, even looked faster than that so perhaps it had been geared up, perhaps not? LST certainly sounded limited to 1 gear.

Al.

This thread almost reads like 'the bride's house' on wedding day!!

Whoever does hold, once received, get some videos up - unveil, first test, etc, and get some temperature measurements - even 'hand hot' or not.

Al.

Bailing!?.... :no_prv:

Mite a costly rig though I def agree... So no money no funny:crying:

i will b boring u all to death with pics n vids when I get mine... Temp heavy for sure!

i had an lst2 nitro and I'm not surprised at all that a brushless rig.... Of any fm sort kicks it's ass... It wasn't fast... No where near brushless fast...:rc_car: