• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

would you pay £800 for it

And if it doesn't need 8S? 40mph stock is reasonable for its size. :)

just saying as the yeti XL is 7lb less  but everyone says 6s was the only way to go.  so the extra weight might need more power.  also i only run 4s packs  so 8s is good for me  lol

just saying as the yeti XL is 7lb less  but everyone says 6s was the only way to go.  so the extra weight might need more power.  also i only run 4s packs  so 8s is good for me  lol

null-34.jpg

Buy more lipos? ;)

Edited by Tug

On 6S your diffs will last 10 minutes. I got mine to about 43mph on 4S and with batteries and upgrades it was 17lbs. on 6S it also had way to much slop and because they had to make the wheels so light for the 8th scale components, they could strip. It's a great car though but on 4S.

What concerns be about this x-maxx is it's 5th scale in size but not weight, not even close for a 4X4. So either its really well designed with light weight super tough parts or it's going to be like the YXL and need a ton of upgrades so every time it cartwheels you don't end up with broken arms, popped shock caps (this has plastic shock caps by the looks of it too) and free swinging anti sway bar arms. 

Edited by mond

Max5, apologies all, I shall have a dip in the vat.

Being the new owner of that YXL, I'm more than happy with running it on 4s. It isn't meant to be a speed weapon, for me, like the Summit, it does what it does bloody well, is good fun to drive and looks good doing it :P

Or maybe I'm becoming an old fart.....regardless, the X Maxx is tempting, and I've not felt that for a Traxxas for a long time....

Would be nice for Traxxas to have a new agreement with Monster Jam!!

Can't wait to see the option bodies start to come out - doubtless Proline will come to the party - then I'll hopefully have a few choices for my FG MT!!

Al.