• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

3 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

Traxxas wild cat.

I've just wread a guy called traxxas and they denied ever making it lol. Another post says they disowned the cats. 

just like now then  they are sort of denying the ESC has a issue lol

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?9054177-Velineon-VXL-6s-Electronic-Speed-Control-Recall

These people are so high up traxxas ass its unbelievable. If an ESC is bursting into flames then they should recall them not give them a quick bodge. I feel a little sorry for the people who have spent £700+ on the x-maxx .

This has put me well off everything traxxas.

On 2/10/2016 at 2:53 PM, Noj said:

Epic Fail by Traxxas.

I've no faith in them as a company any longer.

Totally agree with you on this one. Never had a Traxxas, they're over priced in the first place which put me off buying one, and then this issue, does not inspire confidence in the company. Throwing an underpowered ESC in a big truck was always going to be a bad idea.

7 minutes ago, Evoc said:

Are you able to buy a socket which goes into the grooves of the x-maxx wheel nuts? If so what is this kind of nut called, does anyone know?

Any 17mm socket will fit Traxxas wheel nuts. 

3 minutes ago, Evoc said:

Yeah, was just wondering if you could buy one with them little grooves, Just to make the fit a little better.

It's really not required, the Traxxas socket is only available in plastic as far as I know. 

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of fixed camera vids, you tend to have too much dead screen time waiting for the truck to come back in to shot, but this guy's done an amazing job! Traxxas could actually use this as a promo! 

The other notable thing I really like about this vid is how clearly you can see the truck landing from 4 to 5 feet of air and not bottoming out. 

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Wow lacking in motivation after only having it a few weeks ? The sparkle gone already ? 

Full days at work then to the garage to build cars for race season in a few weeks means I've very little time for anything else. I'm going to have to make time