• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sean-Vrs // Traxxas X0-1

sean-vrs

No actual experience, but from what I've seen online, build your speed gradually! I think they need to be gently accelerated up to about 50 before you open the taps fully. 

You're talking 8S, but with what motor? The stock 1717?

No actual experience, but from what I've seen online, build your speed gradually! I think they need to be gently accelerated up to about 50 before you open the taps fully. 

You're talking 8S, but with what motor? The stock 1717?

yes I will be running the stock 1717, and hopefully with some 1:1 gearing it might all end in tears but it should be a laugh!!

if you want to go fast find the fast one on YT he has changed the aero so it will stay one the ground better.

from what I've been reading, a weighted front end also helps, I will also be running tsm, they seem to be popular in the states  but not so much over here

• 1 month later...

The XO-1 is a 1/7th scale car so it is outside what is accepted in the 8O8 class (1/8th Onroad with 8 cells). There is no dedicated 8 cell class so you would be in the Electric Open at a ROSSA event. That means you will be up against the likes of Bez with his 14 cell chaser but I doubt he will run it at Shakespeare. 

Most guys don't care who they are up against and just try to beat their own fastest time but its always nice to have somebody around the same speed as you to compete against. There may be some other XO-1s at the event so you can compete in a friendly comp

Cheers

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...