• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Straight to Naza mode dji phantom 2?

Bigjimknickers

• 3 weeks later...

Did this on Wednesday, charged up the Lipo, plugged it all into the PC & put the Phantom straight into Naza mode, didn't manage to get out til this morning with the Phantom though, it was pretty windy in the usual huge field that I fly in, too windy for me, but I figured I  had to fly it no matter what! (Pressure?!?)

so it was all nicely packed into my flight rucksack (which it fits into perfectly! TY ebay) went to the field & switched it all on.

waited for it to settle an find GPS, then calibrated the compass by flicking the S1 switch 5+ Times, til it's solid yellow, span it round, went green, flipped it nose first, span another 360 & that was that.

unlocked motors an noticed it was very smooth compared to the Nova, took off nervously as it really was getting windy, an flew up to about 15 feet only, let it settle there while I familiarised myself with the controls, I like to "draw" squares in the sky as practice, so i did that for a minute or so, then I lost my bottle & decided to catch land it as I was simply too scared, plus I didn't know what the LEDs meant after I'd switched to Naza, I had the front two red an the rear ones wher yellow I think.

anyway, now my P2 battery is 3/4 bars charged so how do I set it to discharge after two days to storage charge? Didn't see anything on the PC settings when I looked earlier? Does it even do that or is that just the P3?

Whats NAZA mode?

J

It makes the Phantom behave more like a quad that has a Naza flight controller installed.

Bit confusing as the Phantom does have a variant of Naza installed but as it is it acts a bit differently to a "stock" Naza flight controller unless you switch it to Naza mode.

Does that help? :)

Edited by smeghead28
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I keep looking at the phantoms, just never have the fund available to push the button, i know you only have about 15mins flight time but what are you impressions on the V2 as i know they on V4 now, just wondering if the V2 is worth getting, as im sure if i was about to get the newer one, i wouldn't use half the functions available.

21 minutes ago, khevolution said:

I keep looking at the phantoms, just never have the fund available to push the button, i know you only have about 15mins flight time but what are you impressions on the V2 as i know they on V4 now, just wondering if the V2 is worth getting, as im sure if i was about to get the newer one, i wouldn't use half the functions available.

Quality wise? Top notch, from my short flight, u was impressed, very smooth, longer than a 15min flight too, not sure on the pack size but I think P2 is longer runtime 

31 minutes ago, khevolution said:

Quality wise? Top notch, from my short flight, u was impressed, very smooth, longer than a 15min flight too, not sure on the pack size but I think P2 is longer runtime 

yep:

http://www.dji.com/mobile/product/phantom-2

25mins runtime 

Naza mode is GPS enabled flight 

you power up qaud and let it lock signals from the skybirds in the heavens, i usually wait atleast a couple mins as we class this as a cold start up ( takes a little longer to lock and store skybirds. 

now when you lift of you fly around just like you would with say a hubsan BUT when you stop input the quad auto settles and will stay in that very same place you left it, any wind pushes it off coruse the quad will auto seek its original location where you stopped. at same time it will keep that set distance above the ground and keep it level.

Newbie naza, is what we call atti mode 

atti mode does not use the onboard barometer or gps logging, all it does is keep the craft level to horizon, any wind will cause it to drift and need user inputs to correct 
its like a hubsan but 50x bigger lol 

there are other modes to, more atuned to video capture and photography , one is no heading hold , whatever way the drone is facing, the sticks will always be forwards is move forwards etc etc even if the quad itself is facing backwards . other modes allow the quad to fly in a formation circle etc etc like for tracking a person running a straight line the quad can do the same. or recording you on the sticks but flying around you in a circle all more used for grabbing video and photos.