• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sawback first run

byron185

Ok so I have given my Sawback it's first run in the garden.

Bought this as a new build off eBay the only thing not really happy with is the combo.it has a tamiya lipo compatible esc and silver can which runs ok but I think I shall treat it to an esc with a drag break and a motor with some torque

Any suggestions.dont want to spend a fortune but want a bit more caperbillity

Also any other tips on what may need upgrading would be appreciated

Some pics below

Just moved house and the previous owners left me some bits in the garden to play on.

20150830_181639_zpseghdmtoh.jpg

20150830_181609_zpsatehmb5g.jpg

20150830_181501_zps2rbwomus.jpg

20150830_181312_zpseco2wxkn.jpg

20150830_181400_zpso8unefwr.jpg

20150830_181203_zpsurxnwsgy.jpg

20150830_181143_zpspoml6mwq.jpg

20150830_181015_zpsqoryfqa7.jpg

20150830_180903_zpsb2vzed4j.jpg

• Like 2

Your garden looks perfect for MOA!

For combo, look at an RC4WD 35t and HobbyWing 1060 brushed ESC.

Great little set up for something like that and only around 35quid, not to be sniffed at :)

Whats the bec on a 1060?

No idea, but it won't work either way lol.

Castle BEC is the way forward.

Unless you own an RX8, in which case, Castle BEC is the way forward ;):lol:

I need an esc that gives out 6v so it can power my reciever. Its a wierd voltage and ive only found that brushless escs or an mtroniks tio rock-c esc work with it but the tio gets a bad write up and im not spending 35 quid on something thats not worth it

No idea, but it won't work either way lol.

Castle BEC is the way forward.

Unless you own an RX8, in which case, Castle BEC is the way forward ;):lol:

It works fine in my D90. Didn't need a BEC with the one I had in the Aqroshot either. I only fitted one to Bouddica because of the monster tyres  :whistling:

I need an esc that gives out 6v so it can power my reciever. Its a wierd voltage and ive only found that brushless escs or an mtroniks tio rock-c esc work with it but the tio gets a bad write up and im not spending 35 quid on something thats not worth it

Just run a BEC?

It works fine in my D90. Didn't need a BEC with the one I had in the Aqroshot either. I only fitted one to Bouddica because of the monster tyres  :whistling:

Granted, they do run fine, but the difference between no BEC and a Castle BEC set at 6v is big.

Even the difference between those Turnigy BEC's which I've successfully used and the Castle ones are very noticable :P

Does the 1060 have a drag break mode ?

On the ESC itself, theirs some pins, you plug a connector into whichever port you want, either forward/reverse/brake etc... All you do is remove the plug all together and that activates the drag brake.

It comes on about 80%, so it does hold you on certain points, but also if you're on something really steep, it will just naturally let the truck roll down.

I actually really like them.

Try the Torque Tuned, if it's not to your tastes at least it gets you moving. 

The QR1060 is a great lil ESC for the money.