• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

6 minutes ago, evssv said:

only needed 1st -2nd replacing but he did them all as it was apart:yes:...not even 20000 miles on ithe bike i thk....harris billet top/bottom yokes.....ohlines steering damper with harris mount.....full yoshi 4-1 system.....gilles rear sets/chain adjusters/lifters....crg levers....alcantara seat....fresh powered coated rims not 50 miles ago.....he paid  6500 for it about 14 yearsgo. ...jus before/after i got my sv....

It belonged to a retired vicar before he bought it :lol:

2 minutes ago, evssv said:

not really imo.......early carbbed immaculate r1.....with very very nice upgrades worth every penny:yes:..u won't find another like that im sure

I think it's a steal. There aren't many surviving R1's from that year with little use.

8 minutes ago, evssv said:

not really imo.......early carbbed immaculate r1.....with very very nice upgrades worth every penny:yes:..u won't find another like that im sure....im assuming hes still.got it anyways....:yes:

Plenty about mate, the stock ones are good, so all the upgrades are like RCs, you don't get it back.

Can't see a '98 R1 going for 3500 myself.

Just based on how much I've looked at R1s over the last 6 months... Too much :lol: 

11 minutes ago, evssv said:

:lol:..no a midget:yes:....

10 minutes ago, MissT said:

I think it's a steal. There aren't many surviving R1's from that year with little use.

no..he really was midget...he was about 4"6....the r1 was set up for him....felt terrible :lol:....yep if u sse it inreal life u'd understand how clean it is....and jus 100% a sorted bike:good:

Edited by evssv
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, evssv said:

no..he really was midget...he was about 4"6....the r1 was set up for him....felt terrible :lol:

It must've been dragging the ground :lol: I rode a CBR600 and that felt like I was sitting on the road!

soo...new tank now fitted so more stinkey petrol smell outside the house:D...i thk its came from a very low milage bike going ny the condition of  it

20180130_155152

compared to mine:rolleyes:.....

20180130_15503320180130_155013

swap pump over....abd cap ..job done:good:

20180130_160651

needs new tank pad as the one on it is not on straight:rolleyes:...and after i got petrol absolutely everywere trying to drain one in to the other its now lifting on the curved bit....:rolleyes:

20180130_171458

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MissT said:

But did you exhume the caliper from Tutankhamen's tomb? :lol:

jus realised what u ment now... .:doh:.....yeah it looks well grubby dont it:faintthud:.....i like it dirty.......my other bikes aint like this.....:no_prv:...sorta gone past caring about this one tbh....

Edited by evssv

15 minutes ago, evssv said:

jus realised what u ment now... .:doh:.....yeah it looks well grubby dont it:faintthud:.....i like it dirty.......my other bikes aint like this.....:no_prv:...sorta gone past caring about this one tbh....

As long as you keep your piston clean and sliding in and out smoothly that's what matters ;)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

had a holy:censored: moment last night on my v strom.....throttle stuck open on me:shockingscary:......1am'ish on way home...nothing around...duel carrage way so doing 70ish:whistling:.....gets to 3/4 way along rolls off throttle bikes still going...:censored:!!!!.....pulled clutch in engine revving at 6000rpm which on a twin is high..let clutch bak out then i quikly realised what was going on...:shockingscary:and not alot of road left to come to a stop:doh:..brakes on a little...jus managed to slow before the lights......man did i crap meself...had to stop at 3x sets of lights on round about with the bike screaming at 6000rpm..clutch smoking each set....:doh:.trying to pull away...stalling....:doh:...managed to get home...jus....not sure y/how/whats happened as its been peeing  down all day:rolleyes:.....definitely need to investagte .....

Edited by evssv

1 hour ago, evssv said:

had a holy:censored: moment last night on my v strom.....throttle stuck open on me:shockingscary:......1am'ish on way home...nothing around...duel carrage way so doing 70ish:whistling:.....gets to 3/4 way along rolls off throttle bikes still going...:censored:!!!!.....pulled clutch in engine revving at 6000rpm which on a twin is high..let clutch bak out then i quikly realised what was going on...:shockingscary:and not alot of road left to come to a stop:doh:..brakes on a little...jus managed to slow before the lights......man did i crap meself...had to stop at 3x sets of lights on round about with the bike screaming at 6000rpm..clutch smoking each set....:doh:.trying to pull away...stalling....:doh:...managed to get home...jus....not sure y/how/whats happened as its been peeing  down all day:rolleyes:.....definitely need to investagte .....

Holy crap :o Glad you got home ok as that could have been very nasty. 

Edited by supersavage
  • Thanks 1