• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

4 minutes ago, evssv said:

Muffaliclous:tease:

20171117_124810

had me grips on all morning..:D...and had to brake out the  emergency muffs....:lol:

Such style! :lol:

• Haha 1

Is it cold on land now is it?! I heard it's supposed to go freezing this weekend. I'm away on the rig offshore at the mo, I'm due off on the 28th - and this cold snap is supposed to last beyond that :cold:  so I'll likely be riding home in it again! Got my winter gear on now though, and at least it's dry from when I came up a few weeks back. Need some new heater grips though as mine are utterly naff, there's only two settings and only one of them works: "mildly barely even warm" and "burn ya  palms off".... the latter still works! 

The case I can use for my iPhone responds to a touch, but I have to wear a certain type of glove for it to work. It's a PITA sometimes, normally I never use it. But I went through a faze of having my phone mounted as I'd got a bike ap which shows acceleration rates and lean angles etc so that was put to the test seeing how far the bike could lean haha  then the novelty wore off after a while :ph34r:  and then on the one occasion since I had my phone on the handlebar (don't know why as I wasn't using satnav etc) as I was zooming along I felt something hit my leg, it caught my eye and was black. "Oo what was that?" Looking down Thinking it was a small bird, as I brought my head back up I thought ahh balls, something's missing off my handlebars!! Phone and case - gone! On went the anchors and I turned around to go back in search of it. The little twist clasp thing which the case clips on to had vibrated off :doh: I found the case first, that was easy, but with the phone being gun metal grey it blended into the tarmac a bit, I found it in the end - and it survived!!! But with a totally laminated screen. Thank goodness I always fit one of those scratch films. 

Lol I bought one of those oneseys a while back - and to fit me it was a feat at that!! (I'm 6'5") first (and only) time I wore it, I felt a little rip around my arse not long after sitting in the same position on the bike ha! Oh well... they were confined to the bin!

• Haha 1

Today.  Well this morning  at 8.30 it was freezing :cold: here in bristol...first time i had me winter gloves on and heated grips....and me muffs:lol:. I gota alpinestar onesey goretex  thing...stupidly expensive.....worn once.....i felt like a mitchline man in it......:doh:.....awesome  bit of kit but not for me.....i really  need to shift  it on.....

Edited by evssv

I just wear a pair of those waterproof over-trousers these days, they're good, role up quite small and easily fit under my seat. lol yeah I've been the casualty of wearing too much and feeling like michelin man, ya don't feel like you've got that freedom of movement when riding. Nice and warm like, but sucks when you've have to do shoulder checks etc, wearing snood's and jackets zipped all the way up! 

My poor Bandit needs some loving at the mo', it's suddenly developed a hic-up on partial throttle. Especially when on the motorway cruising at speeds with partial throttle, it'll suddenly splutter, cough then crack on again. Give it some welly and it's fine! I've balanced the carbs, one was a little off but not too far to cause a problem. Think I'd best take the carbs off for a good clean when I'm home. At first I wondered if it was electrical, so changed the plugs - no change. Could either be a lead, or a coil. Each coil pack has two ignition leads, and it seems to only drop one cylinder when on a run. So maybe a dodgy lead breaking down, but which one :erryes:   then again, if it was a dodgy lead or coil then the problem would occur more often. I'm hoping it's just a bit of dirt in a jet somewhere..  but on the whole I can't complain about the bike, it's done so well on the long commutes I do and never skips a beat. 

1 hour ago, t2boats said:

Is it cold on land now is it?! I heard it's supposed to go freezing this weekend. I'm away on the rig offshore at the mo, I'm due off on the 28th - and this cold snap is supposed to last beyond that :cold:  so I'll likely be riding home in it again! Got my winter gear on now though, and at least it's dry from when I came up a few weeks back. Need some new heater grips though as mine are utterly naff, there's only two settings and only one of them works: "mildly barely even warm" and "burn ya  palms off".... the latter still works! 

The case I can use for my iPhone responds to a touch, but I have to wear a certain type of glove for it to work. It's a PITA sometimes, normally I never use it. But I went through a faze of having my phone mounted as I'd got a bike ap which shows acceleration rates and lean angles etc so that was put to the test seeing how far the bike could lean haha  then the novelty wore off after a while :ph34r:  and then on the one occasion since I had my phone on the handlebar (don't know why as I wasn't using satnav etc) as I was zooming along I felt something hit my leg, it caught my eye and was black. "Oo what was that?" Looking down Thinking it was a small bird, as I brought my head back up I thought ahh balls, something's missing off my handlebars!! Phone and case - gone! On went the anchors and I turned around to go back in search of it. The little twist clasp thing which the case clips on to had vibrated off :doh: I found the case first, that was easy, but with the phone being gun metal grey it blended into the tarmac a bit, I found it in the end - and it survived!!! But with a totally laminated screen. Thank goodness I always fit one of those scratch films. 

Lol I bought one of those oneseys a while back - and to fit me it was a feat at that!! (I'm 6'5") first (and only) time I wore it, I felt a little rip around my arse not long after sitting in the same position on the bike ha! Oh well... they were confined to the bin!

There's no way the satnav could fall off my bike, the mounting bracket is really strong and it has a safety loop as well. I think it's probably worth a bike specific one if you use it a lot or can adapt it to car use too :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evssv said:

Today.  Well this morning  at 8.30 it was freezing :cold: here in bristol..

I used to ride across to Bristol airport every few weeks to fly up to Aberdeen or Sciphol then on to Norway. The motorbike park there is free! :good:  and it's right outside the airports police and security building, with watchful eyes looking out the windows on who pulls into the bikepark. Excellent! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MissT said:

There's no way the satnav could fall off my bike, the mounting bracket is really strong and it has a safety loop as well. I think it's probably worth a bike specific one if you use it a lot or can adapt it to car use too :)

tank-tape it to the handlebars haha... it won't vibrate off then! Nah I rarely use a satnav to be honest, when riding I'll keep my phone in that sealed bag I mentioned in an earlier post when on a long journey, or in my jacket pocket when tootling around where I live. So you're in the south east?! My brother's across that way, lives in Kent, some place called Hever.  

32 minutes ago, t2boats said:

tank-tape it to the handlebars haha... it won't vibrate off then! Nah I rarely use a satnav to be honest, when riding I'll keep my phone in that sealed bag I mentioned in an earlier post when on a long journey, or in my jacket pocket when tootling around where I live. So you're in the south east?! My brother's across that way, lives in Kent, some place called Hever.  

Does he live in Hever castle? ;)

I'm not far from there although I've never been. One day!

I forgot to mention re the satnavs that Tomtom do a scooter one that's waterproof amd shockproof. I only had a quick look at it because my Rider V2 started working again, but from what I saw it would work fine on a bike too, and it was just £150 ish too :)

seriously?! it's a nice day out, stuff for kids to do too, they do jousting events and the likes during the summer. my kids and nephew love watching all that. 

I forget which model my mates TomTom is on his Honda, but it works to the touch of a glove too - which is useful lol.. it's a really clear and easy display on it. I've had the TomTom ap on my iphones for a number of years, that's good. When I've ever been looking for somewhere new on the bike, I've written down some instructions on paper and stick em inside the clear sleeve on my tankbag - or when I'm really stuck - I stop and google maps makes an appearance on my phone lol

Yes really. We have Rochester castle nearby too. And the extremely mighty Dover castle an hour away :)

The convenience of a satnav on a bike is really really useful. No stopping in towns, blundering the wrong way, distracted and lost :first:

I used to use Tom Tom for the car, but read loads of issues with TomTom cradle on bikes. Ended up going with the Garmin Zumo 390LM, fantastic bit of kit, I’ve been over the moon with it (not literally)!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NITO said:

I used to use Tom Tom for the car, but read loads of issues with TomTom cradle on bikes. Ended up going with the Garmin Zumo 390LM, fantastic bit of kit, I’ve been over the moon with it (not literally)!

My Tomtom's bike cradle has been good and reliable, the official Tomtom car adaptor was junk :ack: With all the things that haven't been satisfactory with my Tomtom I'd very likely get a Zumo next time.

Well old pippa the skipper has been given some new second hand parts 

variator was so far gone the roller ramp walls had worn so fine the rollers had cracked them and started to jam up leaving the variator belt riding a bit to high. so a replacement second hand one was sourced, payment at £15 passed hands and i got a next to new variator.  went to the bike shop and had a new set of boots fitted to, went with the Avon Viper strykers , been so used to riding with the old miss matched rubber that these ones fell very weird , front end feels more heavy .

well as bike was getting new boots and i piked it up i got told i need a new variator side case due to this one being degraded and split.... bit weird it was not split when i dropped scoot off, but again another trip to breakers yard and another £15 lighter in the pocket i had a Non kickstart sidecase for the somewhat decent leader motor i have . it was then the breakers yard owner noticed something highly dangerous ,  when the mech done the front tyre he must have forgot to do up the axle nut ...... yep the whole axle nut was hanging by a thread it had backed its way off the axle bolt fully and was close to falling away. this was very lucky as a few miles down the road i could have lost the whole front wheel once the axle bolt had worked its way free. 

but anyways pippas done and dusted , the weather here has changed so much to, its super cold and darn wet most of the time so me and the scoot are just waiting out the winter months now.

2 hours ago, HYPER-BOY said:

Hotels :)

I've got full panniers and top box but still no room for tents etc!

I have a tiny tent and all the other necessary bits are quite small and light as well. Also, I do without much in the way of non riding clothes and shoes :)

Hotels are pretty convenient though, especially if you get a soaking :storm:

Can anyone recommend a decent LED headlight kit/manufacturer? looking to be a bit more visible on the way home in this weather. Been looking at a cyclops headlight but thought I would ask before committing. Bike is a 11' bmw g650gs if it makes much difference.

2 hours ago, helsinki98 said:

Can anyone recommend a decent LED headlight kit/manufacturer? looking to be a bit more visible on the way home in this weather. Been looking at a cyclops headlight but thought I would ask before committing. Bike is a 11' bmw g650gs if it makes much difference.

i been looking into led h4 bulbs for the last 2 wk odds and the best value/rated ones r the nineo brand ones on amazon....£36 for a pair hi/lo beams....i watched a few vids and these came out  joint 1st on a few  tests.......they h7 h4 ect.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_5/262-0965364-0334269?k=nineo+h4+led&sprefix=nineo&crid=10POPHSU36KSX

i run  2x phillip  h7 hid's on my blackbird and they r asweomly bright....but u have more wires and 2x big  balist to put sum where with hid's......unlike the leds.....copy an paste this link dude

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06XXBXCBM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511195700&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=nineo+h4+led&dpPl=1&dpID=51

Edited by evssv