• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

No, it's my neighbour doing the technical bits for me. I get given things to clean, and order parts etc etc.

I've been sweet talking the mot tester for 2 years about the steering bearings so it's time to fix it properly before he calls my bluff and asks for my number or something! :lol:

On 10/10/2017 at 18:15, MissT said:

AJ Sutton didn't have a new auto choke so I went to a bike shop I've used quite a few times. The very helpful man said that the choke was ok, but I needed to have the valves corrected :rolleyes:

lol he beat me to it, usually we would just throw in a new autochoke, being cheap its a quick if it works its a bonus.

if you then came back and said " well the new chokes in but it aint playing ball " , i would then be saying  " when was your last valve check and setting done. 

if im right your little sfera has a MK1 leader engine same as my little pippa ( skipper st 125 4t) , a bloody good little motor if you ask me and also used in the vespa lx range to .
I just replaced my front wheel speedo drive and cable , well the shop did , cost me £60 labour but the piaggio parts were the  killer at just shy £60 inc shipping and a 14+ day import wait.

my headstock keeps backing itself undone and then slapping when under braking , but they tweeked that while fitting new cable into dash, worse part is the flexi components board on back of the dash they known to get damp and rot out so im expecting the dash to just fail very soon and then its a massive tear down and rewire.

If you ever need the wire schematic for you little sfera just holler i have the whole haynes manual for our scoots . its a worth while purchase 

1 hour ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

lol he beat me to it, usually we would just throw in a new autochoke, being cheap its a quick if it works its a bonus.

if you then came back and said " well the new chokes in but it aint playing ball " , i would then be saying  " when was your last valve check and setting done. 

if im right your little sfera has a MK1 leader engine same as my little pippa ( skipper st 125 4t) , a bloody good little motor if you ask me and also used in the vespa lx range to .
I just replaced my front wheel speedo drive and cable , well the shop did , cost me £60 labour but the piaggio parts were the  killer at just shy £60 inc shipping and a 14+ day import wait.

my headstock keeps backing itself undone and then slapping when under braking , but they tweeked that while fitting new cable into dash, worse part is the flexi components board on back of the dash they known to get damp and rot out so im expecting the dash to just fail very soon and then its a massive tear down and rewire.

If you ever need the wire schematic for you little sfera just holler i have the whole haynes manual for our scoots . its a worth while purchase 

As far as I know the poor thing was barely ever serviced. It was a crusty ruin when I bought it with something like 12,000 miles on the speedo but the cable was broken, so who knows what it truly was.

The engine is a pre-leader, so I'm told, but whatever it's called it's a proper little champ, smooth and quiet and it can propel me up to 65mph although I much prefer it at about 50.

I've got new steering bearings ready to fit in the next couple of weeks, it doesn't slap like your Skipper but the clonk when I hit a bump is starting to get on my nerves! I hope new bearings cure the problem because it's a huge nuisance to dismantle the entire scoot to get to them 

My dashboard circuit is quite green with corrosion. I have a daytime mot because the indicator repeater doesn't work :rolleyes: I still use it day and night though because the lights work.

I nearly bought a Skipper last year because the seat is big, it has a very good box and it's great for carrying passengers like my 7 year old daughter. There was something wrong with though so I persevered with the Sfera :)

It's just so nice to ride it on warm days.

Sfera.thumb.jpg.82418cda0399ce567f4b268ebda28781.jpg

Hey Guys and Ladies,   It's been awhile.  I still have my 2 bikes KTM and ZX6R but have noticed that photobucket has taken all my pictures down =[.  I've been out for that many ride outs this year due to mountain biking injuries, working and playing baseball ( we have won the national baseball championship again for the 2nd time in a row whoop).   When I have been out on my bikes, only been the ZX6R to and from baseball training recenly.  Yes I still have to fit the quick shifter and pc3 to the zx6r also...  I have been slacking but it rides so clean atmo so I thought I would wait until this winter to do it.  Thought I re-post my pictures of my bikes and man I do love Nitro's 750 M1 so clean =].

So I have to re-upload my pictures. 1st is my 2nd bike.

Aprilia 125 Chesterfield Max Biaggi Rep, only lady owner full power at 33 bhp.  I loved this bike we had a love hate relationship though the years of the whole 3 years.  At the time I worked for a local bike company being a Saturday gimp at the age of 14.  When I was 16 I started on a TS 50 for a year and bought from a best friend but wow the TS had its own mind on what it wanted to do. 

So one Saturday working at the shop this bike was px. I fell in love instantly and maybe more than my gf at the time lol. Cut the story short had a few rebuilds like 4 or 5 in 3 years I had her, yep her she was a beast.  The 2 stroke power was insane and also being a learner she shouldn't of had full power but hey ho was fun.

aprilia1

My 3rd bike was this small rocket V4 NC 30 VFR, I acutally pass my full bike licence when I had my RS125 and just 1 day before my 18th birthday not like that matters but at the time I was restricted to 33 bhp for 2 years.  I had the NC 30 for 2ish years and its another bike I loved but its tiny.

mejim

My 4th was a Elefant Cagiva, which I owned for 9 years and did alot of touring across Europe. V-Twin whats not to like

DSC06655DSC06654

KTM 950 Adventure S 2003

I still have her, usually tour on if I do any long trips.  But thats it really, also spent a few quid on getting it right.

20140329_13532320140427_12332020140531_172003_Richtone(HDR)20150628_114615

ZX6R B1H, what a bike bought it in 2015 had 11k or less on it.  Such a clean bike and still is.  HP Corse exhaust, loud really loud which I love.  I took my time looking for a mint one and found one in Hastings about an  2 hour trip for me and at the time.  The guy I bought it from took it for MOT on the same day she failed on rear tyre and indicator bulb. I didnt even look the other way I wanted =] Trailer home plus it was my birthday present (I treated myself).

20151003_13415720160430_121609

zx6rs

• Like 2

Lovely bike history, I love the Cagiva Elefants, and the 400 is a lovely bike too, the RS125 and TS50 is something we share lol. I had virtually the same vintage RS125, had two engine rebuilds, though I went with the Malossi 175 kit and it flew. We were so lucky back then to have that sort of power, I feel sorry for the 4 stroke 50’s and 125’s youngsters have nowadays.

I used to mess about with the TS50’s off road, one I bought at 15 to mess around with until i got my license at 16.

large.803AF106-883F-4637-9181-EF7B450F9C

in the meantime I’d been working every holiday from 13 years old because I had a deal with my parents that if I wanted a bike,  I’d have to pay for it myself, which was fantastic because it gave me green light, so at 16 I got this, my maiden voyage is one of the best memories of my life!! The Aprilia AF1 50 Loris Reggiani replica in Bol D’or colours. This was insane, 77mph it topped out at on the speedo and I don’t think it was far out. Many didn’t know that you could take a full bike test at 16 to lose the L plates and be able to take a pillion. You still had to do the same test again at 17 for big bikes but I did mine which meant I could smoke about with no L’s and pillions and no trouble from Police for having a 50cc that went more than 30mph as it looked like a 125+. Again, the chassis and finish was beautiful on this, so much better than latter day Aprilia offerings.

large.1F17C581-76D2-405F-8E80-D760F5C899

We also did up a wrecker TS50 with a friend and built this up, although it was a Suzuki who doesn’t love Kawasaki Green!! This was completely stripped down and rebuilt at 16, all self taught with my friend.

large.F8679FC8-8361-46C1-9EB8-C725861348

Then finally the awesome RS125, first time the engine gradually ceased was the morning after a sustained 130mph indicated tear up on a dual carriageway, the next morning it dies on my way to work just getting slower and slower. Then Imfitted the 175 and it would power wheelie in first and second.

large.EF5A721C-79D9-4379-8EAD-6F350E7D6E

large.2532CA87-F4BA-4ADF-B500-8CB0CED0F8

Brings back some memories!

9 hours ago, NITO said:

Lovely bike history, I love the Cagiva Elefants, and the 400 is a lovely bike too, the RS125 and TS50 is something we share lol. I had virtually the same vintage RS125, had two engine rebuilds, though I went with the Malossi 175 kit and it flew. We were so lucky back then to have that sort of power, I feel sorry for the 4 stroke 50’s and 125’s youngsters have nowadays.

I used to mess about with the TS50’s off road, one I bought at 15 to mess around with until i got my license at 16.

in the meantime I’d been working every holiday from 13 years old because I had a deal with my parents that if I wanted a bike,  I’d have to pay for it myself, which was fantastic because it gave me green light, so at 16 I got this, my maiden voyage is one of the best memories of my life!! The Aprilia AF1 50 Loris Reggiani replica in Bol D’or colours. This was insane, 77mph it topped out at on the speedo and I don’t think it was far out. Many didn’t know that you could take a full bike test at 16 to lose the L plates and be able to take a pillion. You still had to do the same test again at 17 for big bikes but I did mine which meant I could smoke about with no L’s and pillions and no trouble from Police for having a 50cc that went more than 30mph as it looked like a 125+. Again, the chassis and finish was beautiful on this, so much better than latter day Aprilia offerings.

We also did up a wrecker TS50 with a friend and built this up, although it was a Suzuki who doesn’t love Kawasaki Green!! This was completely stripped down and rebuilt at 16, all self taught with my friend.

Brings back some memories!

Thanks and yes we where very lucky to have grown up in the 2 stroke era.  Loving your bike history to mate.  Can't beat the RS125 at the time was a beast of a bike back then.

1 hour ago, helsinki98 said:

I have my first MOT today.

Will having the baffle removed on an aftermarket exhaust cause a fail?

Usually yes,  but it all depends how loud it is and also the shop.  My usual shop I take it to with one of the bigger baffles in the zx6r passes everytime but last year I had to take it to a different place.  With that bigger baffle,  they passed it but said it was still to loud on my zx6r. 

5 hours ago, cyronn said:

Usually yes,  but it all depends how loud it is and also the shop.  My usual shop I take it to with one of the bigger baffles in the zx6r passes everytime but last year I had to take it to a different place.  With that bigger baffle,  they passed it but said it was still to loud on my zx6r. 

Got through with a note of 'Exhaust noisy' :lol: