• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Yeti Kit - anything to look out for during the build?

Ok, ive just recieved my Yeti kit and its still in bits while i wait for some more parts (servo, pinion set, shock oils) and i was just wondering about what to look out for during the build and while running.

The electrics im running are.....

Power HD 13kg servo

Carson pro2 lcd radio

Radient Reaktor esc and motor combo

Nvision 5000mah 45c 2s lipo

The radio and brushless combo are just what i have lying around atm i will change to a castle sidewinder 3 or etronix 1/8th combo at some point in the future. Btw, this isnt another build thread but i will post photos of it when its done lol (might be a while xD)

Just take your time and build it properly unlike me who forgot to put the cap on the shock cartridges and then wondered why the shocks kept leaking oil lol. Also might be a good idea to get your body sprayed first.

Its masked up and ready to go, just need red paint from lhs

So you have had it in the garden at 30mph, wow, some garden you must have. Ha. You ask about shock oils 30 or 40wt? I dont know much but i would imagine it could depend on what sort of springs you're using, the position of the shock itself and the weight of your battery. If all is stock then i might consider 20 front 40 rear.

So you have had it in the garden at 30mph, wow, some garden you must have. Ha. You ask about shock oils 30 or 40wt? I dont know much but i would imagine it could depend on what sort of springs you're using, the position of the shock itself and the weight of your battery. If all is stock then i might consider 20 front 40 rear. I have a Traxxas e-revo 1/8 and run 50wt front and rear.

So you have had it in the garden at 30mph, wow, some garden you must have. Ha. You ask about shock oils 30 or 40wt? I dont know much but i would imagine it could depend on what sort of springs you're using, the position of the shock itself and the weight of your battery. If all is stock then i might consider 20 front 40 rear. So you have had it in the garden at 30mph, wow, some garden you must have. Ha. You ask about shock oils 30 or 40wt? I dont know much but i would imagine it could depend on what sort of springs you're using, the position of the shock itself and the weight of your battery. If all is stock then i might consider 20 front 40 rear. I have a Traxxas e-revo 1/8 and run 50wt front and rear.

Dans helped me with oils all sorted pretty much just a trip to lhs tomorrow. Yeah my gardens pretty big, i gave it a good run around tonight and i love it. Id better hope my mate doesnt read this, i put a motor out of his car in it while im putting upgrades on it while hes in france lol

Imo, there's a few vague area's in the instructions, which I've covered in my build thread, otherwise it's straight forward enough.

And yes, 2s is too slow!!

Imo, there's a few vague area's in the instructions, which I've covered in my build thread, otherwise it's straight forward enough.

And yes, 2s is too slow!!

The builds finished now but im yet to run it on a lipo

Ah, sorry didn't realise ;)

If you haven't already read it, I found it pays to spend some time setting the steering end-points. Especially if you're suffering poor steering lock- provided you've got a decently torquey servo that is!

What shock oil weight did you end up using?

Ah, sorry didn't realise ;)If you haven't already read it, I found it pays to spend some time setting the steering end-points. Especially if you're suffering poor steering lock- provided you've got a decently torquey servo that is!What shock oil weight did you end up using?

60 in front and 40 in back running a 15kg servo. Steering seems pretty good with 60 in the front