• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

yokomo touring car

stevo2551

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out, I've got an old yokomo gt4r and I'm trying to source 1st and 2nd gear pinions, and 1st and 2nd gear spurs. I've seen a couple of pinions from a gt4 but I would like more teeth. I believe part numbers beggining with ze- fit, but could anyone confirm this for me? and also I'm coming up blank on the spur gears, does anyone know of compatible pairs? any help would be apreaceated cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Your best bet would be ebay, sometimes a complete rolling chassis will appear if you're lucky.

ZE616 is the first gear

ZE619 is the second gear

I did a google search and it looks like parts support is discontinued, rctech is a useful place to look around for info.

Hope it helps somewhat.

Team magic G4 might have some compatible parts, worth looking into if you have the time to.

Thanks for the reply pal, I've managed to get a pair of 2 speed pinions and one spur gear from cml distribution, but the other spur I managed to purchase off eBay.fr, hopefully that will be here late next week. But it's been hard work sourcing the bits I needed. I've spent a fair few hours up to now completely stripping it down, cleaning and rebuilding it, and I can't wait to give it a test run once the last part turns up...

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to find the parts I need, only to discover the 2 speed clutch bell (ze-610) needs replacing :'( so after much more scouring the internet with no luck, I managed to buy a gt4 roller of a fellow member on here which should be here tomorrow. I didn't take many pics of the strip, clean and rebuild but I'll take a couple when she's all done and looking good.

I was able to get all the part numbers from cml distribution and then try my luck on fleabay with success in the end.

I got a roller, which I got up and running, but had a binding coming from the rear I think, wasn't overly keen to leave the line without a nudge but once rolling its quick, when I let off in a streight line it veers off to either side. If I pick it up, all wheels spin as they should, but when all four wheels are on the ground it binds a little. I've swapped the .18 to the 'r' for now till I find the propper clutch bell for the novarossi .12r. But it still does the same. To get the engine to fit I had to swap the pully shafts over as I needed the longer ones for the belt to clear the pill start. checked all the bearings as I went and all fine, built back up and still does it but a bit less. I've had a good look over and stripped it back to the chassis and back again but still unsure of a remedy, I have the manual for it and the diffs are the correct way. It's like the diffs are fighting against each other or something...

• 3 weeks later...

Solved, or should I say greatly reduced the binding problem I was having, there wasn't/isn't quite enough adjustment for the rear brake mechanism to have enough free play through the throttle action. I think a slightly longer connecting rod might do the trick, but only one way to find out...

a couple of pics of them both before I swapped the engines and layshafts over

IMAG1662_zpst1hsncma.jpg

IMAG1661_zps73b3plrm.jpg

And a little bit of a stripdown...

IMAG1630_zpsfpu1rrvc.jpg

I'll add some more up to date pics when I next go in the man shed

there doesn't seem to be many active owners out there on here or any other forums really which is a shame as it's a fantastic peice of kit

Edited by stevo2551

After a bit more tinkering and fettling I've managed to eradicate the binding problem altogether. Ran a couple more tanks through the 'r' the other day, not sure how to tune the rotary carb yet I'll have a look on good old Google next time I take it out. A couple more pics, not ran it with this shell on yet...don't want to scratch it haha

IMAG1718_zpsqv1roicx.jpg

IMAG1719_zpstwoy6paj.jpg