• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Joined the club

Hi there, over the weekend I purchased a used Jeep Wrangler unlimited c/r edition. As its a rtr version I understand that it doesn't come with metal links like the builders kit.

From reading around I've read that it's worth upgrading these, and possibly the steering link.

I'd seen this kit on asiatees that seemed reasonable

http://www.asiatees.com/display?Axial-SCX10-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Axial&model=SCX10&id=108503&pid=1

And is it really essential to have the front c's with the steering link?

http://www.asiatees.com/display?Axial-SCX10-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Axial&model=SCX10&id=108490&pid=1

Thanks for looking, any pointers are greatly accepted as I'm new to this type of rc'ing.

Might aswell upgrade the front C's aswell, one less plastic thing thing to snap! 

With those links you might want to get some upper links aswell, they will be plastic aswell so upgrade them.

I've never used the Team Raffee stuff but I have used all GPM gear on my wraith and they seem spot on! 

Missus just called and said its been delivered![emoji41]

Missus texts you again on 45 mins asking where the 2.5 allen key is

and you need more threadlock.

btw the last few garbled lines are ,"3/4 way through the build i luv my truck ty hunny "

Send him a PM or contact him on Facebook through his Loaded Ox page and he'll sort you out. Don't forget links too for the 4-link setup, they're natural shorter when using his mount.

Oh good, I've got lower links in the post. I was going to make the upper rears and that's how I came looking up about the 4 link front.

I'll be honest that I'm pretty disappointed in the rtr's quality, it's lucky I didn't pay the full price!