• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Really weird hyper 7 steering problem

Llukeyboy

Hi guys I've owned my hyper 7 for well over a year and only had to replace the steering servo once (pretty cheap but has been reliable up until now). Yesterday when driving I opened up the throttle and the car dug in and cartwheeld a few times. As I was driving it back I noticed that when I go above 1/4 to 1/3 throttle the car steers left (proportional to how much I exceed 1/4 to 1/3 throttle). Now when I was troubleshooting I noticed that this didn't occur when engine wasn't running, but it also didn't occur when the engine was running but the electronics were off. So it's not a purely electrical fault and not a purely mechanical fault either. It's so weird. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

check both front wheels spin freely, if the front left wheel is stiff then the diff will send alot of power to the right front which will cause the car to turn left with power on.

have you serviced the diffs yet?

• Like 1

check both front wheels spin freely, if the front left wheel is stiff then the diff will send alot of power to the right front which will cause the car to turn left with power on.

have you serviced the diffs yet?

Cartwheels = wheel rim hits = stress through the steering into the servo horn output shaft on servo = torn out teeth.

your problem is with the servo, the little lug out the top with all those little teeth on.

have a check and you will no doubt find the teeth are missing an a certain area and 

is why your getting that not centering

Hi guys, it was the servo but not in the way that you would think. The plastic that the servo was made of was extremely brittle and the casing has broken apart at several points including where the wires enter. This has caused one of the wires to come off of the connection on the circuit board. It must have happened over time through many impacts. The funny thing is the stock throttle servo hasn't been changed and it's still top notch. Have any of you heard of this happening before and whats a recommended servo in the 30-40 quid range. Thanks!

Hi guys, it was the servo but not in the way that you would think. The plastic that the servo was made of was extremely brittle and the casing has broken apart at several points including where the wires enter. This has caused one of the wires to come off of the connection on the circuit board. It must have happened over time through many impacts. The funny thing is the stock throttle servo hasn't been changed and it's still top notch. Have any of you heard of this happening before and whats a recommended servo in the 30-40 quid range. Thanks!

u can go savox for 40 quid. ..1256tg....or one of these http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321767756637&alt=web there good fur the money so I read in here

Yeah I'll do that then. That'll be this cars 3rd steering servo in just over a year! These things really need to last longer...

yeah servo r hit n miss...they vary from 2 quid to way over 100 so there's so many to choose from...servos r like motor bike tyres ...everyone has there favourites for what ever reason . ...Each to there own ect. ... Edited by evssv

It's me Llukeyboy but had to sign under different name because I'm posting via an app. Admittedly that servo was quite cheap, do savox come with a warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep..jus buy from a repiutable dealer...a uk one Edited by evssv