• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Get my MERV going again!

TiM!

Hi guys,

Realised yesterday that the mini revo would be perfect to take with me when me and my brother go to fly our quads and his plane. 

Here she is as she stands:

z9xTAYS.jpg

I need suggestions for the following:

New batteries (2s and ideally turnigy)

New wheels and tyres (currently ones are totally shocking)

And a new shell (pre painted ideally)

Going to do a little test run later with one old 2s that is currently charging in the garden, because I don't trust it as far as I could throw it. :lol:

Any input greatly appreciated as I've been out of the car game for several years now 

Cheers

If you get the measurements for your battery trays then have a look on HobbyKings Battery Heaven section, you can input the dimensions so they fit.

But you're best doing it about 2mm each side smaller than your compartments, as HobbyKing suggest, just to be on the double safe side.

I have got both the zippys and the nano techs for my merv and I got to say the zippys still seem to have a good punch after 2 years but the Nano techs are dropping off. All still balance perfect though.

Edited by b19jas

Cheers guys. Based off a number of people online using them and saying they fit fine I've gone with these from the UK warehouse

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=34310

Finger crossing time. I might have to build another quad if they don't fit :rofl:

Wanted to keep more of a monster truck look shell wise. Doesn't seem a huge amount around in the UK for the merv though. Has it died a death? I know it has problems but it's a decent and very fun truck I think. 

Just been and run it on one of the older lipos I used for it many moons ago and it still goes well! Popped all the ball joints out of the hubs within seconds though so some RPM items needed I think.

Edited by TiM!

Wheels and tires look at proline desperados and 2.2 big joes 2 they look good and fairly cheap from cml.

Proline desperados is what I run. Really happy with them.

They did a few steel cages for the e-revo mini and the slash mini maybe worth checking them out.

idea is some cheap thin lexan plates and some card markouts, you can fashion your own pannels

to fit the cages and also use hot water to soften the sheet a little so its conforms some mild

bumps and curves.