• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New engine

carnageUK

gents

Lookin at getting a new engine for the baja 5b SS , lookin at a scotty 32 , so iam asking if these units get run prior to being shipped out , seeing as a new engine is going in is this a good time to do some maintenance on the car , what would you suggest , also lookin to upgrade the clutch carrier to a vertigo or TR system don't know which is best , also good time to change diff oil ?

Alright Dave,

Quiet on here atm init?

the engines dont get ran before you get em, the vertigo eac system is the best you can get atm and I'd got with 10k diff oil an new bearings.

Gonna cost you that liile lot mate..:D

• Like 2

While the engines out deff do the diff, Oh and if your rear hinge pin brace is worn the one under the diff replace this.

Another here for the EAC :)

Sent from the I6 via talktapa

Edited by Titaniumrc
  • Like 2

Alright Dave,

Quiet on here atm init?

the engines dont get ran before you get em, the vertigo eac system is the best you can get atm and I'd got with 10k diff oil an new bearings.

Gonna cost you that liile lot mate..:D

Gotta chuck some coin at it mark as current engine is Donald ducked as you know , nature of the hobby !! Gonna strip engine down this week so I'll post some pics of the engine , just been lookin at you tube vids of engine removal and install , looks not to big of a job ,, will message you if I get any issues

While the engines out deff do the diff, Oh and if your rear hinge pin brace is worn the one under the diff replace this.

Another here for the EAC :)

Sent from the I6 via talktapa

Hinge Pin brace ?

Engine swap is a doddle dave just take ya time man, you have my number if you get stuck..;)

Im going out tomorrow if the weather's on my side that is..lol

• Like 1

Ahhhh forgot abiut the queens.lol

oh well if everyones watching them at newbrighton everywhere else will on for a bash.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Boooo , not a happy bunny , new engine not ready till Thursday , any one know if modeltech send 1st class , looks like another weekend without my Baja ,,

no way!! That sucks Dave, ask em if they send first class mate and tell your hoping to get out for the weekend they should sort you out..;)

Ok guys a few Qs whilst waiting for my scotty g320 .

What's the stock setting for the scotty g320 carb wt1107

What's a good run in for the engine

The rear hub pin that holds the hub to lower arm ,can I replace it with a bolt and lock nut , those e clips look iffy .

Cheers dave

Tried the bolt method with multiple tensile strengths and snapped them all! Now I'm using irc pins with a small flat spot ground inn them and then the hex wrapped in a hostile boot cut up.

Seems to be working well at the moment.

Just need somethink to make it go , big service done , shock oil n seals , diff oil n seals , new shock socks , new savox throttle/ brake servo , New rear drive shaft boots , brakes stripped down and cleaned and a good clean all over,,, and yes I know the vipers are on the front !! Lol

post-35357-0-24189400-1434108128_thumb.j

Edited by carnageUK

Lookin good Dave, just one thing...does it tlrun in reverse now? You got the wheels the wrong way round..:D

• Like 1

Don't think about it just order them ,, and come on lads read the post about the vipers on the front ,,lol,,

Mark just fitted a savox to throttle / brake and its chattering when it's in neutral ,only does it for a few secs the stops ,, any ideas ?

My savox 7.4v steering servo does it all the time even with the front wheels off the ground. No idea what it is, hitec 7.4v did the same which the savox replaced.

I did think the dead zone on the servo needs messing with using a servo programmer thingy but never got round to doing anything.

• Like 1

This put a smile on my face this morning , but I gotta ask what is the black tubing and what looks like a filter for , am assuming it's to do with the carb , just gotta find time to fit as we have our granddaughter to day for a day out , I sense a argument coming ,,lol

post-35357-0-24363700-1434189363_thumb.j