• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

where can i use a nitro?

kiza1208

this is probably a dumb question but I was wondering if there are laws making it so you cannot just walk down the road with a nitro as I want to walk to work with a RC and I'm fixing my nitro can I walk to work with I or will I get it took off me for using it through town?

cheers Kieran.

sorry if this question has been asked before.

this is probably a dumb question but I was wondering if there are laws making it so you cannot just walk down the road with a nitro as I want to walk to work with a RC and I'm fixing my nitro can I walk to work with I or will I get it took off me for using it through town?

cheers Kieran.

very BAD idea

cheers Kieran.

prob not a good ideal as if it decides to spaz or do a runner it may hit/hurt sumone..or end up in the road and cause a accident and get run over....unless u walk along foot paths all the way....which I doubt... Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

You can indeed walk anywhere with it (whilst not in use),but running it may cause issues in certain places and would be a bad idea... There's always mixed reactions,but some may even take interest and ask you questions :)

My advice would be pop to a local shop and get your self a luggage bag,or an RC hauler to transport it in. Not only is it covered but you can take any other bits you may need and have it all in one place...

• Like 1

I have a track star rc hauler bag. My idea was to get it running so I could walk it to work and do the throttle sp that it would NOT go any faster than walking speed so if it did decide to disconnect I could catch it also going to pit a 2.4ghz rx init and a failsafe as well as the one in the rx. For extra safety.

More likely to just get bust if you're using it on your way to work. I can imagine lots of curbs and car wheels to run into.

I get enough looks using my nitro in my cul de sac (look at that grown man playing with toys blahblah etc.) Let alone walking it on my way to work. And who wants to carry all that rubbish with them, glow charger, tx, spare batteries, fuel bottle.

Then there's your colleagues. We used to take the Mick out of a guy who came to work on a skateboard. Everyone knows I'm into RC, I read magazines on my break and keep them in my drawer in the office. But if I brought one to work I wouldn't live it down.

Have you tried a dog? People walk dogs... Have you thought about getting a dog?

• Like 1

my dog doesn't like other dogs and my boss takes 2/3 of his dogs to work with him so that wouldn't work lol. Was a idea to try this. I normally take my crawler to work when there is a meet that day so I have it handy.

Get a bike? It's less boring, exercise and will make your walk much quicker..... As for walking your RC. Great idea just frowned upon by many, and you'd have to carry extra fuel or have huge tank to make it last 45mins, lol

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

When I was 17 ide finish work at 10 get home at 11 then go play with my nitro at midnight just race it around the estate. It was stupid but the moped gang constantly raced around it. I only had one guy moan on the 30 min run Bcos he had a gravel drive and 8 couldn't resist. 

Council houses are pretty tolerant of noise tho. 

When I was 17 ide finish work at 10 get home at 11 then go play with my nitro at midnight just race it around the estate. It was stupid but the moped gang constantly raced around it. I only had one guy moan on the 30 min run Bcos he had a gravel drive and 8 couldn't resist.

Council houses are pretty tolerant of noise tho.

as much as I love rc...I'd of said "koff now u noisey little !@#$/...its !@#$#@ midnight!!..."....lol....council estates. ....classy!!! Edited by evssv

My first nitro was a 3.3 Revo.

Used to live next to a 'grassy knoll'.

Latterly I didn't fire up until after 10:30 AM. and not after 19:00 - unless the lawnmowers started, then stuff 'em ... !!

Thing is, when first breaking in the TRX 3.3 I got a bit enthusiastic - you know the score with static, light throttle figures of 8, occasional half throttle, .... until its time to 'tune it'!

This obviously means maxing it and listening for the highest smooth-sounding revs - with the 'spit test' for the head of course! (Didn't have a thermometer then.)

Trying to max it, at 09:00, a neighbour came out with 'mate, can you PLEASE pack it in, I've been on nights ....'

Point is, it is a fun hobby, but we've got to think of others - hence why I changed to my earliest start at 10:30 / lawnmower ruling.

Al.

• Like 1