• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Exotek Mini 8ight T

.AJ.

Looks good AJ, will this be coming to Perham any time soon?

Also, slightly OT but I see the Mini 8 is very cheap in a german shop I found, (195E) would you go for thee M8 or Emb-1 given a choice?

Edited by Bigjimknickers

Yea she will come with me when she's finished

Between the Buggy's I would say the EMB is a better buggy out of the box, but there is so much more you can do in the way of upgrades for the Losi tho

I'd agree with AJ, having had both the EMB is definitely much better stock and has far fewer issues out the box. But I still have a soft spot for the mini8 and in some ways prefer it once its sorted out :)

What do you guys think the Mini 8 needs from the box to make it sorted though?

For me and the 3 I've had it was just RPM ball cups and a spur gear cover.

For the buggy I think that's about it, but the truggy has a lot more wrong with it :lol:

From now on can we keep my thread on topic :)

For the buggy I think that's about it, but the truggy has a lot more wrong with it :lol:

Happily :)

I'd agree the truggy has more issues, longer everything and bigger wheels and tyres shows up what was marginal in the M8. What are your plans for the top deck? Chassis flex was definitely an issue on mine.

Sorry fella didn't mean to go off topic, I was just interested because I have kept looking at these but some people slate them and some people say they're great completely stock, I know what the buggy needed but just don't have first hand experience with the truggy.

So some input from a valued Forum member was all I was after :P sorry.

Back on topic to your little beasty! :D

Very nice, exotek full option :D

Won't be much of the RTR left once that lot is in place, should be an awesome bit of kit. I've always wished horizon would release a TLR kit version, no electrics, CVDs, lightweight cups and all the ally upgrades in one box. That with some exotek options would be lovely :)

Yea a roller version would be awesome, but I got the RTR for a good price and by the time I've sold on all bits I don't need the roller would have cost me about

This is going to be lovely. Looking forward to the complete build and running videos. :thumbsup:

My biggest question is simply how it stacks up in terms of jumping and bash-ability compared to a 1/10.

AJ- this is your misson. :popc1: 

• Like 1

I've used both the quicrun 60a and the castle sv3 with good results, both have good headroom in this application not to give problems and have good features and waterproof.

That lipo is a good find, very light too. Might have to treat myself to one :)

Normally I stick with HW for speed controls, always been very happy with them but the SV3 plays nice with my out runners. Think the issue with the SV3 is that castle stupidly packages it up in 1/10 systems and it cooks itself in a 4x4 Mt but its a great ESC for a mini in my experience.

If you were happy with the quicrun in your EMB then stick with it and use one in this, I've been really happy with the 10BL60 too I haven't found any better choices :)

Edited by Geeze

**** a brick, your not sparing the expense lol, watching with interest how it turns out

Si

Ouch !! That's some shopping list ..

I'm interested to see the cvd install and how you get on with the diffs..

Going all carbon is going to make it very rigid any worriers it may make it too rigid ?

This built is going to be far from cheap so why not go out all guns and get the NeuMotor ?

Any plans on knuckles and hubs ?

I have many plans for this, but don't want to give too much away before its even started ;)

Motor wise, I would love a Neu 1100, buy at $170 plus shipping and customs it just a bit to rich for my liking, if I could find a quality motor around the

I have many plans for this, but don't want to give too much away before its even started ;)

Motor wise, I would love a Neu 1100, buy at $170 plus shipping and customs it just a bit to rich for my liking, if I could find a quality motor around the

Yep there not cheap I honestly loved the little leopard motor in mine ran super cool and plenty of power on 3s so if you plan on running 2s I'd up the kv to 5000 and over on a 4 pole motor.. Downside is if using the leopard your need to adjust the shaft size :( .

I may just bite the bullet and get a Leopard, I'm pretty confident I can turn the shaft down to the correct diameter. But I will give this Turnigy a go first :)