• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro buggy problem

tomstud12

Hi guy's i got a problem my nitro rc buggy won't start and i just want to ask could it be by the fuel as it is 2 year's old but when ever i light it with a lighter it lights and also when ever i try to get the fuel in by blocking the exhaust the fuel doesn't go in so i have to blow into the other tube so the fuel would go in so  is it the fuel or is there something wrong with the fuel not going in??

2 year old fuel is gonna be well past its best so id get some nice fresh stuff. Was the car stored with old fuel in it?

2 year old fuel is gonna be well past its best so id get some nice fresh stuff. Was the car stored with old fuel in it?

Nope i took the fuel out off it and i took the engine apart and cleaned it and today when i went to start it again i took it and cleaned it again just in case.. so you think it is the old fuel yeah and would you know anything about the fuel not going in when i block the exhaust and when i pull the starter few times

to be honest i have never had much luck blocking the exhaust to pull fuel through, i have always blown down the pressure line. i would try a new glow plug(or at least a good working one), fresh fuel, fully charged glow starter and all things being equal it should fire up

Oh okay and i always test the glow plug by taking it out and putting it into the starter and it lights bright and it's a new one so i say it is the fuel problem and also i got a+ glow starter and it's not as strong as the normal charging once so do you think i should get the charging one as that is stronger?

ive had my fuel for a year and still ok, it all depends where you store them.

i always store them somewhere dark and damp

Yeah i had it stored in a dark place where it isn't cold or hot and like when ever i try to light it with a lighter it lights straight away so the fuel should be okay or am i wrong?

Are you sure fuel is getting into the engine?..........I had a similar problem & found that the carb needle hole wasn't lined up with the fuel inlet hole.......Undo the nut on the HSN & take it off.  Put a mark on the nut, where the needle hole lines up with it.  Screw it back on, ensuring that the mark you've made lines up with the fuel line......It wouldn't hurt to soak it all in a bit of fuel while it's off, in case there are any fragments blocking the holes.........

View%204_zpse54ozxfe.jpg

Edited by chrisjw

i would advise, taking the glowplug out...and put a couple of drops of fuel through the glowplug hole..and put the glowplug back and try again... this is what i do when struggling to start an engine... it normally works and helps to pull the fuel through if you cannot get it primed properly 

I'm pretty sure there is fuel in it as i take out the glowplug and when i pull the starter without the glowplug out there's fuel coming out of the hole that's how i always check if there is fuel getting in and i think it is the glow plug ignitor as the one i have is used by batteries and it's not as strong as the charging once.

Often people will say that fuel will only last X amount of time...I have fuel that is more than ten years old....and it still works and runs without problems...

Of course this is not to say that fuel will always last...more to say that if it is stored correctly then it should not be a problem.

I would say that if the engine is not priming with fuel when you block the exhaust then there is a problem....a leak or blockage.

Often people will say that fuel will only last X amount of time...I have fuel that is more than ten years old....and it still works and runs without problems...

Of course this is not to say that fuel will always last...more to say that if it is stored correctly then it should not be a problem.

I would say that if the engine is not priming with fuel when you block the exhaust then there is a problem....a leak or blockage.

Well you see what is think is that there is air getting in somewhere like where the glow plug is or the cylinder head won't that cause the problem as well for the fuel not coming in?