• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HP rating of a KM 29.5 Ported Engine?

almighty15

Enough.

Seriously, don't get bogged down by what hp figures companies claim.

You've got the '8.2'hp OBR, that gets left behind by the 5.5hp oddie.

It's more about power delivery, torque curve and so on.

I used to think the higher the hp the engine, the better it must be, but after using the 32 Zen, which has the same hp claim as the G290, I can honestly say, ignore the hp figure.

Bragging rights, innit! HP is all important when discussing yer badger over a pint or three ;)

The main with the nicely tuned lump says nowt, sups his ale and goes home with a wry smile, possibly picking up a bag of chips and a pickled egg on the way ;)

• Like 1

Bragging rights, innit! HP is all important when discussing yer badger over a pint or three ;)

The main with the nicely tuned lump says nowt, sups his ale and goes home with a wry smile, possibly picking up a bag of chips and a pickled egg on the way ;)

Not too much to brag about when you get left behind though lol.

No claim...no shame :)

And I'll have a pickled egg too.

Only time I would trust a 'claimed' horsepower figure is if the motor has actually been put on a dyno and properly measured. It's right up there with 'top speed' figures for wasting time worrying about. If my car feels slow and sluggish....I'll do something about it.

• Like 2

I have a pro mx340 in my losi. I was wanting the most hp engines at first.

Glad I didn't because the promx is a lot more powerful than I was expecting.

that cy23 must be ported and polished lol.

In what way though? Being a bit vague on the claim here.

It pulled the Dbxl along really (23cc) nicely, the KM 29cc was disappointing from the start, from my personal experience (I've had two KM's) as soon as the KM engine is replaced there is a huge difference.

I took the 29cc out of my baja & put a CY F270 in an the difference was night & day.

Based in this I'd say the CY23cc is a superior engine.

I M O.

It pulled the Dbxl along really (23cc) nicely, the KM 29cc was disappointing from the start, from my personal experience (I've had two KM's) as soon as the KM engine is replaced there is a huge difference.

I took the 29cc out of my baja & put a CY F270 in an the difference was night & day.

Based in this I'd say the CY23cc is a superior engine.

I M O.

I've also had both these engines from brand new along with the 30.5cc as well and their was nothing wrong with the 29... You must have had something wrong with your Jim, ther 23 is certainly a little screamer but the 29 was quicker off the line for me.

The 30.5 rags my friends XB around as well which is a 4WD so pulls a very similar drivetrain to the DBXL.