• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

Ruger is getting much better.

Put 95 rounds through it now, the bolt/action was a bit awkward to start with, wasn't cycling particularly well, but it's starting to free up and get much smoother now.

It's deadly accurate as well, even with my hand loads.

Managed to get the sights sorted, but the front sights adjustment is..... Basically my fine adjustment tools were a hammer and large allen key.... don't ask. Stupid design.

Also managed to push some of the primers in too far for this batch, last time I used the priming bit on my press and all went, this time I used the hand primer tool, which pushed the primers in too far, and about 1 out of 7 didn't go.

Live and learn though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, BUDFORCE said:

IMG-20220610-WA0000.jpg

Been busy.

I used to have a Lee Turret Press, once set up correctly for the ammunition I was making at the time I found it quite therapeutic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Got Rose ready for her new stock,  after much faffing I finally got a cheap AR stock lined up, and being the dick I am I forgot I don’t have any picatinny scope mounts which means a trip to the shiny shiny gun  shop, can I come back with just the mounts??500FBBA6-5AE2-456F-B901-FC538FC0D15D.thumb.jpeg.7bf21553695ee9593583a3d17049f7b5.jpeg

• Haha 1

Haven’t been yet, hopefully going in the morning but my wallet heard “shiny shop”, squealed and hid itself, I can hear it whimpering so shouldn’t take me long to find it! Worrying thing is the swines in the shop know I have a trouser accident when I see the AGT Vixen short barrel that’s on the shelf,  it’s only a matter of time sadly. 

• Haha 2

They just don’t care,  I had to send my daughter off to uni to get her out the house and now I’m palming the boy off on the RAF (hopefully) so I will have room/money for lots of lovey toys, after this it’s out with a kidney!

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Bought a prism scope to try out, this is kind of like a red dot but the reticule is etched into the glass, so if you have astigmatism like me then the reticle is perfectly clear and also if the illumination battery runs out you can still see it, it also has a fixed 3x mag 👍 

Its the one in the centre

5DEE0EC4-72CD-4BE2-A64B-AABCD7C473E2.jpeg

9006D9D4-A32E-4C7E-9C27-2B781BF29CCB.jpeg5964C05C-28A0-4E54-9087-F18871071E3B.jpeg

On 07/02/2023 at 20:31, .AJ. said:

Bought a prism scope to try out, this is kind of like a red dot but the reticule is etched into the glass, so if you have astigmatism like me then the reticle is perfectly clear and also if the illumination battery runs out you can still see it, it also has a fixed 3x mag 👍 

Its the one in the centre

I am thinking about getting a prism scope for my rifle.

I seen a few (knock off) ACOGs going around, but they are all sold as "airsoft", for me fixed 4x magnification, 32mm lens and not having to have a battery due to the fibre is basically perfect so the shooting I do, but I am not spending £2500 on an official Trijicon one.  I am a bit hesitant as I am planning on putting it on a proper rifle and the recoil might mess it up, even the knock offs are still £100-£130....its a lot of money if it doesn't hold a zero.

I was also looking at one of those vector optics 3x prism jobs, I am guessing they would be much more shock resistant as they are sold as rifle scopes. They also do a 5x version although its expensive.

I shoot at relatively close quarters, but could get more accuracy with a small fixed magnification over the open sighs or a non-zoomed red dot.

Let me know how you get on with it anyway.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...