• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja bling?

MAZ

As some of you may know i'm currently rebuilding a baja (including an engine rebuild in a separate thread) and at the moment i'm really only after parts that are worth getting.

But one thing i really like the look of and I admit is complete bling is a clear spur gear cover lol

Has anyone got one of these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alloy-Transparent-Gear-Cover-for-HPI-KM-ROVAN-BAJA-5B-5T-5SC/161085869655?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29666%26meid%3D85a4cf35aac645498e094ffcec5c52a9%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D261804444192

if anyone has got one, are they any good?

its a bit pricey for what it is ya know?

How do you no that? ;)

Because if something has been designed specifically for one purpose or use, it would be aimed at that market.

Don't you think the seller would at least mention it in the title and/or advert? :whistling:

People looking for a cover specifically for a 2 speed set up are likely to search '2 speed spur cover' or something similar.

Having zero reference to a 2 speed in the advert makes it pretty obvious.

Check the rest of his stuff out, it tells you jack on anything he sells, also selling front rod ends as back and they was the km ones there a different shape back and front iv noticed :) I just dont think he knows what he's selling

• Like 1

I wouldn't get it now - especially as the Baja and engine are still in pieces. I'll get it built first then buy pointless bling for it Haha!

I dont really like the look of it... so I wouldn't get it.

the standard plastic one is good enough, flex's when hit and dont show the scratches too bad.

I had to upgrade to a carbon one(not that I mined because it looks lovely) because I kept melting the plastic ones with the side pipe.

Love the sound that comes out these baja with the bzm side pipe, mark35 has one on aswell and it sounds awesome man, iv got to get a bzm side pipe for when i get this reed iv managed to pick up cheap fitted in my baja :), theres going to be some serious power difference like im sure the pipe makes to even the standed engines, a good pipe always makes the difference

If you're melting it with the BZM, you've got it too low Ant.

I had to because of the mechatech cylinder. Maybe could be brought up a little bit (5mill) but not worth faffing around as its bolted on in two places now and dont want to grinding the brackets off to try and weld them back on 5mill lower.

Bzm is a great pipe. Realy does open an engine up. Well worth the coin

Save your money the clear cover will stay clear for minutes, how many minutes depends on what ground you run on.

But any sort of gravel track forget it, they go cloudy and not with dust. Lots of tinny stone marks, think of rubbing it with scotch pad.

Then you have the nice looking alloy, take a look at the state of your stock plastic cover.

Sent from the I6 via talktapa